Heart Of Glass. [Chapter Two.]

Heart Of Glass. [Chapter Two.]

A Chapter by

The sinking feeling that usually consumed my entire being settled right in the pit of my stomach. I managed to stand upright and away from from the couch, where I had spent most of my day at every single day. I was wasting time and whisking my own life away by the minute, but, by now, it was worthless anyways. I inhaled deeply and made my way to the restroom to, once again, search for the all too familiar pills in my cabinet. After swallowing each and every one, I felt a slow wave of nausea crash into me. I laid back in my bed, fingers clenching the pillow harshly, eyes feeling quite heavy. Unconsciousness hit me the most then, as I ignored the rest of the nausea and the spinning of my world. Closing my eyes had never felt so relieving.

~*~

As a little girl, I had witnessed my parents disputes, but always ran back to my room, frightened. It always scared me to believe that that was how my husband and I would be some day. Whenever years flew by, however, I experienced more of the trials of dating and soon realized that everyone had their share of arguments every so often. No single person could have the exact same view as the next, which was what usually sparked the frustration and fury in the first place. Though fighting only lead to multiple tears and unnecessary comments or actions, I always believed that the brighter side of the day was sure to come soon. Usually, my belief was true, but not always. I had watched my own husband get so infuriated with me, that he left the house and drove off alone, threatening to never return. I always blamed myself for the accident, because I was the one that had angered him in the first place. A tear glided down my cheek freely, but I didn't dare to brush it away. My mind was a jumbled mess by now and I had always remembered that day clearly. The sirens sounded off everywhere, making my head spin, my heart pound and adrenaline pumped itself right into my veins with an immense amount of force. My anxiety heightened immensely, as my entire body shook, unable to register the events to come. I was in deep disbelief as I got the call, hands trembling with each word that was spoken. My eyes widened in absolute shock and terror. My own husband was. . . dead? I hung up the phone, undecisive of whether I should check out the scene, or stay in the peaceful home alone. Unfortunately, I had decided to check out just what had happened. Rain was pouring down furiously, blurring the edges of my vision as I saw the familiar corpse. Words could no longer form, my lips felt both numb and frozen. I stroked his cheek one last time, with unknown tears sliding down my face. That was the beginning of a new life and an end to a happy one. The next few days, I had accused myself for the accident, sulking around the house and not answering a single phone call. Their words could not bring him back, so I didn't want to hear them. Didn't want to hear their false sympathy and unaware cries. Instead, I kept myself locked in the house, until the day of his funeral. I couldn't muster up enough courage to attend the visitation, so I waited, for what seemed like a lifetime, until the time of the funeral, that is. I felt completely paralyzed and no words could even begin to form. My breath hitched several times, but I hid myself from alarming expressions and accusing eyes. No tears could even fall again. Ignoring everyones' please and soothing conversations, I returned to my house, never to come out again. To this day, I still blamed myself for the accident that had occured. I, solemnly, infuriated him just enough, that he had died. As of now, picture perfect memories and all of the tears shed were all I had to remember.


© 2010


Author's Note

Criticism is obviously needed here.
Tell me what you think honestly. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think that the section should have been divided up into more then 2 paragraphs, but I guess that's only my opinion. I start loosing track of where I get and skip over a lot when it's all jumbled together like that. I think that the story line so far is interesting, and I wonder how you're going to continue to write this. Reading On. =3 XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It reminds me of my childhood. I like this so far because I feel like I can connect with it. usually when that happens I become bad a giving any criticism...

Posted 13 Years Ago


You certainly have a give for expression! This is so sad, I could feel the painful emotions in every word. Another great chapter and I'm definitely continuing. :) You're a great writer. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think that the section should have been divided up into more then 2 paragraphs, but I guess that's only my opinion. I start loosing track of where I get and skip over a lot when it's all jumbled together like that. I think that the story line so far is interesting, and I wonder how you're going to continue to write this. Reading On. =3 XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There were a few times that it felt like you had used the wrong word and it kind of disrupted the flow but over all very good! I love it! I cannot wait to read more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not bad. The style and pacing is a bit jolted throughout. I'm not really sure if that is a style choice or not, but either way it worked. I would expand a tiny bit on her childhood, just so we can get a little more of her thought process before it was broken by her husband's death.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much!! :D
I LOVE reading your reviews each time. ^.^

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome 2nd chapter. You improved within in a given span of time :D AWESOME! I LOVE IT! So descriptive reading this makes me want to start on my 2 book idea's hm, I think I will right now. Have the first chapter out by saturday or sunday. AWESOME!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2010
Last Updated on November 4, 2010


Author


Writing
Escape. Escape.

A Story by