Heart of Glass. [Chapter Seven.]

Heart of Glass. [Chapter Seven.]

A Chapter by

Once I realized just the right amount of complexity that I was in, I felt my head spin rather rapidly, producing a headache soon enough. When I collapsed onto an all too familiar bed, the thought of going back in time hit me with high intensity. I let it soak in, however, but it didn't take away the foreign feel of it all. As soon as I heard footsteps nearing my direction, sounding off rather close to where I was sitting, my heart accelerated furiously in my chest.


I pulled the covers over my figure and clenched my fingers around them. Instead of seeing my captors' face, I soon recognized my husband. Apparently, I hadn't let the idea soak in just quite right. Though his eyes were soft, his expression revealed both impatience and frustration.


"Where are my keys? I'm already almost late for work." The harshness in his tone made me wince, but as I searched through my memories in my head frantically, I wasn't about to let it be too obvious.


Suddenly, something clicked in my mind. "They're on the counter." Even as my words were kind and true, he stormed out of the room as I closed my eyes, keeping all of my angry responses and thoughts kept locked tight within me. Unable to sit still any longer, I allowed myself to cautiously walk into the kitchen, where he was standing in the doorway, arms folded, eyebrows furrowed in what seemed to be deep concentration. As soon as he noticed me, though, he quickly took his place in front of me, his charming eyes instantaneously softening.


"I didn't know if you were going to come in here before I left for work, or not." His voice sounded apologetic, but also strained. I only nodded as his lips found my own, embracing them with an old passion that I had longed for for years since his death. Just as soon as he left the house, my heart sunk and my stomach itself dropped instantly. The earth spun before me and a smile leaped onto my face all on its' own. I turned on my heel, letting my mind drift away from reality. Making my way towards the living room, a slender finger resting on my chin, and an elegant grace that had never existed before, I looked around the room.


Examining all of the details, indents, chipped paint and scattered carpeting, I refreshed my memory and heard static fill the room, pounding against my ears with force, until I switched the tv off. A single picture on the couch caught my attention the most. As my movements became less fluent than before, I swalled down a lump that had formed in my throat. Shakily, I grabbed the picture with what strength I had left, soon regretting even stepping into this room in the first place. My fingers curled around the picture tightly, my blood boiling, my ears ringing and my skull being bashed forcefully with an incredulous headache that had grown from earlier.


The picture revealed my husband, his arms wrapped around another girl protectively, a brilliant smile alit on both of their faces. Was she the reason that he had became so irritable lately? When I heard the door reopen, daggers took over my eyes, shooting directly at him.

Once he took notice of my clenched jaw and my shaky fingers holding the picture, a look of both pain and guilt flooded into his features. He knew what he had done wrong.

"I can explain." The pleading tone in his voice had me fighting back tears. I only stared at him, as he ran a hand through his hair.
"Can this wait until after work, or on break?" At the sound of his words I dropped the picture on the floor instinctively, hurriedly storming back towards the bedroom.

Once I collapsed on the bed, my heart felt as though it had been stabbed, stepped on, and strewn across the floor to forever be forgotten. The tears that I had forced back were now running down my face endlessly. Of all these years I had blamed myself for his death, he couldn't even provide me with a reasonable explanation? It was as if my life wasn't tragic enough, my heart wasn't torn enough, and my being wasn't empty enough. I exhaled deeply as my eyes continued to produce more tears and began to sting. Though my heart was slamming around ferociously in my chest, it still felt hollow and incomplete.

My love had surely been forgotten and replaced with another feminine human being. Was my love just never good enough? I locked up at the thought, feeling myself shake while my face felt both cold and uncomfortably sticky. The tears could no longer form to fall down my face. They had all been used, none left to spare whatsoever. I hastily wiped my cheeks with the back of my arm, comfort and warmth unable to be found again inside of me. My life was seeming to slip away more than it ever had before, spiraling downward repeatedly, my hopes and dreams were nothing but shattered and misled. The earth itself began to revolve in all directions, my heart beat loud enough to hear.


As I sank further into the bed, darkness took over every inch of me, knocking out all consciousness that I had left. There was no more strength within me to fight back and keep it alive. My world was now nothing but a dark, unending hole, pulling me in it farther and farther, throwing my life completely down the drain.


~*~


When my eyes snapped open, I was face to face with my captors' own face, my heart rate suddenly increasing rapidly. His breath was blowing out on my face, sending chills down my spine, my eyes widening instantly. As a smile spread across his face, aliting it with an incredulous amount of brilliance, a frown was twisted on my own, unable to reverse itself into even the slightest smile. Long, slender fingers were curled into my hair with a soft grasp, still making me flinch out of instinct and hesitation all the same. Suddenly, the grasp became tighter and the smirk became all the more sly.


I closed my eyes tight, hoping to whip reality back to me, but failing alltogether. When his voice rang in my ears, all of my insides froze and I was unable to move. He had captivated every inch of my body and was now in complete control. Closer and closer he came, intimidating me all the while and using all of my weaknesses against me. Once I could really feel his breath on my cool skin, feel his body come in contact with mine, my breathing was halted and my heart began to speed faster than before.

Suddenly, he was gone and I could finally regain my breathing again.

I instantly recoiled and slowly opened my eyes, searching the area around me, hoping to notice any evidence of him still being around. Instead, I found myself in a completely different room. The walls were white and I was laying down, wires attached to both myself and a machine beside my bed.


"Wha-" I began to question, but wasn't able to get the whole sentence out. As something came in contact with my forehead forcefully, unconsciousness took back over me, overwhelming my heart, mind, and even my soul. I was no longer in any control of my actions, or my being. Something had taken over and I was unsure what it was, or what it wanted with me.


~*~



© 2010


Author's Note

Ignore grammar problems, though I need criticism.
Thanks for reading. ^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on December 13, 2010
Last Updated on December 13, 2010


Author


Writing
Escape. Escape.

A Story by