Heart of Glass. [Chapter Four.]

Heart of Glass. [Chapter Four.]

A Chapter by

Just as I began to think that this situation couldn't possibly get any worse, another arm wrapped around my waist forcefully, nails digging into my skin, pain ablazing all throughout my body. My heart was hammering in my chest rapidly, my anxiety heightened to its' highest level. Suddenly, I couldn't see the buildings beside me, or the alley behind and before me. Darkness surrounded me and it became harder to breathe. I was lifted off of the ground, trembling hands clenching the bag that I was in.

The fresh air that was filling around me earlier was now dissolving around me, bits and pieces in the bag that I was in, as I managed to maintain as much of it as I could. My struggles seemed futile, however, as I was thrown into a truck, hearing the purr of the engine slam against my ears. Something struck my side as I landed inside, excruciating pain filling my lungs and scorching my insides. A soft whimper was allowed from my mouth, but it was only weak and dry, my throat itching with nothing but pain and straining.

As pain surged through me, consuming my entire being, I felt myself growing quite light-headed, my eyes weighing a ton. Again, I felt numb, as though I were no longer in control of my own body, thoughts, or even actions. Instead, I blinked a few times, my eyes growing heavier and heavier, the pain growing stronger by the minute, until I finally collided with darkness once and for all, unable to stay conscious.


~*~


When consciousness was finally regained, I opened my eyes cautiously, horror racing through my mind. Pain instantly hit me, a strong, unbelievable blow, as my head pounded with a tremendous amount of force. The smell of sewage passed, carelessly, through my nostrils, making my eyes water and my nose burn.

I felt as though I would surely pass out sooner or later. My mouth, I realized, was taped shut, providing barely any clean air to breathe. If there were truly any clean air to even breathe here. As my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting, I realized that I was in some sort of an underground sewer. I, myself, was tied to a chair, the ropes burning my wrists, adding onto the pain that I was already feeling. Filthy, thin water was running in front of me, increasing the nausea that I was feeling at the moment. My fingers were digging into the wooden chair I was tied to, without any quick realization, surely inserting more wood into my hands.

Hearing laughter crawl around me, sneaking upon me, I shut my eyes tightly, tears gliding down my face. My heart would certainly burst soon if I couldn't maintain my fear soon. It was pounding so hard, that my ears felt as if they would burst from the noise and fierceness. Whenever hands inched their way beside my face, I automatically stopped breathing alltogether, hoping I could scare them away. Unfortunately, my plan didn't succeed, for the hand was now caressing my cheek, leaving a path of roughness and destruction behind it.

I wanted to run, I wanted to scream, I needed to escape from here, but I couldn't. Instead, I was forced to feel whoever it was continue to touch me, my nausea growing stronger, the hole in the pit of my stomach, becoming quite larger. An uncomfortable feeling passed through me, just as I shuddered, stopping the hand in its' tracks. They knew I was awake all of this time, but it was just a test, a test to see if I would cave. Cautiously, I subtly opened my eyes, examining the face before me.

Soon afterwards, my eyes were shut again in absolute terror. This was a stranger. And he had complete control over me for the time being. Before I knew what was happening, the pressure from my wrists vanished. The tape was ripped off of my mouth, as I bit my lip to keep from screaming out in pain. Tears formed themselves in my eyes, but I fought them back as quickly as they came. Instantaneously, I was pulled, rather abruptly, from the chair. As I was forced to stand, my knees became quite shaky, my hands trembling. Pain stung my entire body, but, somehow, I managed to stay exactly where I was. I opened my eyes once again, feeling butterflies slice through my stomach as I averted my gaze from the man before me. Realizing that I wasn't about to cooperate, the man stepped back a few feet from me, his eyes burning a hole through me, making my stomach lurch forward, unknowingly.

This time, I was the one to make the quickest escape I could find, heart racing, tears falling, feet moving as fast as they could. I didn't make it far, though, before I heard his footsteps directly behind me. I was losing my breath as is, feeling it shorten out of me, taking half of my life with it. Whenever I felt arms around me, I couldn't keep the tears from falling and couldn't keep my heart from dying. I couldn't save my life, even if the whole world depended on it. Once again, I was placed on the chair, being tied back up. My screams were usually, for they were only weakening my throat every second. The tape became glue on my mouth, as the tears were stinging my eyes, remaining on my tender cheeks delicately.

I felt my hope dissolve and my heart tear apart at the seams. His footsteps were finally fading from where I sat, fading from my mind. There was no more hope left for me. I was only lost in the darkness forever, spending an eternity in its' bottomless pit.



© 2010


Author's Note

Sorry for any mistakes.
Give me your HONEST opinion, though. :)
Thanks for being patient with me thus far. ^.^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's nice, your playing out the book perfectly. The continuation is awesome. The words are strong, and the description is incredible and makes me want to read on. You're doing an awesome job so far! I can't wait to see what your doing with the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An exciting chapter! It went in a completely different direction than what I thought it would. :D Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's nice, your playing out the book perfectly. The continuation is awesome. The words are strong, and the description is incredible and makes me want to read on. You're doing an awesome job so far! I can't wait to see what your doing with the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 4, 2010
Last Updated on December 4, 2010


Author


Writing
Escape. Escape.

A Story by