9. The Hunter

9. The Hunter

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Chrissy and Emily are tracked by a hunter.

"

“I'm not even supposed to be here,” complained Blake as they rode along County Road 4 in Jimmy's truck, “I still have a concussion.”


“Oh, quit your whining,” responded Jimmy, “Billy said we need every man out here looking for that woman and her kid.” He suddenly pointed. “Look there!”


Blake looked in the direction Jimmy pointed and saw a girl standing in the wheat field next to them. Jimmy stopped the truck and the girl turned and ran back into the woods nearby. He got out and opened the door to the back seat of his king cab and pulled out a rifle.


“What're you doing?” asked Blake.


“I'm going in after her.”


“You'll never find her,” replied Blake dismissively.


“I've been hunting deer for thirty years. If I can track a deer, I can track a person. They don't call me Old Eagle Eye for nothing!”


“Who's they?” asked Blake.


“Huh?”


“You said 'they' call you Old Eagle Eye. Who's 'they'. I've never heard anyone call you that.”


Jimmy stared blankly at him for several seconds before he responded with annoyance, “Are you coming with me?”


“No thanks. I'll stay here and guard the truck.” He grabbed his semi-automatic from the seat next to him and got out.


“Suit yourself,” said Jimmy, “You'll just get in the way anyway.” He made sure the rifle was loaded and then started across the wheat field, his beer belly plowing a path through the stalks of wheat. By the time he reached the woods he was puffing and sweaty. He pulled out his handkerchief and mopped his brow, then continued into the woods. He was glad Blake didn't come with him. That way he wouldn't have to share the glory of finally getting that woman and her kid. Billy was going to be really impressed with him. He might even put Jimmy in charge of security.


It didn't take him long to find their trail. Their path was clear to see. Jimmy smiled. This was going to be a piece of cake. The guys kept talking about how clever this woman was. Not more clever than old Jimmy! he thought to himself. 


He had been following the path only a short distance when he saw something white on the ground ahead. A piece of paper or cloth perhaps. He stopped a couple of feet from it and stared. What the hell? It looked like... panties?!


He was so intent at looking at the panties that he didn't notice the subtle change in the appearance of the path right in front of him. He took another step forward as he reached for the panties and felt the ground give way underneath him.




© 2013 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Suggestions and constructive criticisms are always welcome.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good choice of bait to get a man's attention. Good chapter. Still wondering who these two bozos are and who they're working for? I was considering those men in the last story getting revenge somehow.
Good job keeping the reader's interest high.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Tina. You may have missed the chapter, "Bales of Hay". That chapter explains who is chasin.. read more
Tina Kline

10 Years Ago

Thanks for letting me know. I'll either refresh my memory or read it!!
Chrissy goes Rambo! (sort of. Rambo never wore panties, I would assume....) I also like that bit about 'They', the ever mysterious, always anonymous 'they'.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

That's interesting that you should say that because I thought about having Billy Groover make a rema.. read more
I like where this is going!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

10 Years Ago

Good! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

521 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2013
Last Updated on October 8, 2013


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


10. Depression 10. Depression

A Chapter by Craig2591


30. Unsung Hero 30. Unsung Hero

A Chapter by Craig2591