The Sound

The Sound

A Chapter by dicey jones
"

...The feeling is constantly growing on me that I had been the first to hear the greeting of one planet to another. A purpose was behind these electrical signals." - Nikola Tesla

"
"My name is Micheal Zacry, an earthling, so if you can hear me just please send me a wave, maybe you could talk back, or do something weird like scream". Zacry spoke into the vintage broadcasting telecommuter, he had been siting here for hours hoping he could make contact with something or someone. Three years back he saw something just above mountainville, his hometown. Rightly said weird things happen here, things that happen no where else in the world. Faces appearing in the sky, thunderstorms without lighting, and people claiming aliens live among us. Mountainville was nicknamed the sphinx race. He had grown up in this town, had practically never been to anywhere else, this was his home and yet he knew the people of this town  were anything but sane. They were purely crazy but yet still, all the things claiming to happen here is just a plot to lure curious tourists to the world most infamous town. And it worked. Only he might be wrong, what ever just ran past wasn't human-like, what he just saw was weird. He had assumed living among crazy people might have a way of interfering with his senses, only it ran past again. This isn't human, it can't be. The creature looked like it was bisected into  halve  on two separate hemisphere, yet it ran faster than anything he had seen, and he had see plenty. 
"i just can't believe it, no one is speaking back to me"
"what do you expect Zacry, for someone to actually speak back? God, you are no different from your people."
Meeting Sofia, was the best mistake of his life. She was a non-believer, a direct descendant of Thomas the doubter. She was the skeptic, yet she has been with him through thick, thin & worse. There was a time a wolf attacked...
"Did you hear that" Sofia spoke softly
"What? if you trying to mock...
"Just shut the f**k up and listen!"
Anger was something he had always knew Sofia for, something she does only when she was dead serious, a anger that could send a wolf running. Now he could hear it, a very tiny eerie of sound coming from the awkward looking device placed at one corner of the room. Before he could get up from where he was seated and run towards the device...the sound vanished.
"What is that?" Sofia asked looking puzzled
"How should i know?You heard it"
"Am talking about that" shifting her neck towards the device.
"Oh this, it belongs to my Grandfather, something he bought from an auction"
"So why do you think that sound pulsated from it?'

how should i know, my granddad owns it. Haven't you been listening to me. It would be safe if that remains in his mind. 
"Maybe, the sound came from god. You might have just heard him" He said with a smirk. 
She wasn't laughing, how hard could it be to just make this lady even smile. Why hardened such a pretty face, wait whats she doing raising up the device. Damn! 
"What are you doing, Drop it down!" 
"Cool man, have you seen this...

Yes i have it's been in this room for longer than i can imagine.
...some word Teslarity". 
It dawned on him. His father had told him his grandfather was a believer in aliens, something that made him want to acquire almost every instrument used by one person in particular... Nikola Tesla. God can this be true, tesla claimed he heard frequencies from mars or thereabout. Can this be the device Tesla spoke about "I have devoted much of my time over the years to the perfecting of a new small and compact apparatus by which energy in comparable amounts can now be flashed through interstellar space to any distance without the slightest dispersion" A statement he felt liberal to say on his birthday! This guy was An intellectual bad-a*s. 
"That was Nikola Tesla's" Micheal said disbelieving his own words.
"Wait, you are saying this belongs to the ultimate nerd? Sofia was now actually smiling. 

 Actually it does.



© 2013 dicey jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story could be really good but it's really rough. You're missing some capital letters, and there are typos. You should also indent and space out your paragraphs because the way it is now makes it really hard to read. It's also really hard to distinguish between someone talking and your regular paragraphs, especially toward the end (at one point toward the end I can't what's happening). I don't mean to be overly critical but I think this story has the potential to be really great, you just need to edit a bit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dicey jones

11 Years Ago

Thanks.. this actually would be my first approach to dedicating my time for a book. Points noted, th.. read more
CLUTZ

11 Years Ago

No problem, and good luck



Reviews

This story could be really good but it's really rough. You're missing some capital letters, and there are typos. You should also indent and space out your paragraphs because the way it is now makes it really hard to read. It's also really hard to distinguish between someone talking and your regular paragraphs, especially toward the end (at one point toward the end I can't what's happening). I don't mean to be overly critical but I think this story has the potential to be really great, you just need to edit a bit.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dicey jones

11 Years Ago

Thanks.. this actually would be my first approach to dedicating my time for a book. Points noted, th.. read more
CLUTZ

11 Years Ago

No problem, and good luck

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Non Fiction, Sci-fic, Aliens, Tesla.


Author

dicey jones
dicey jones

Aboki, Nigeria



About
All i wanna do is simply to just write... more..

Writing
Don't be Don't be

A Poem by dicey jones