The Device

The Device

A Chapter by dicey jones

She's smiling. She actually smiled. What Zacry couldn't understand was how one piece of dead junk that belong to some age long scientist could easily make her smile, something he couldn't accomplish. 
"I just can't believe this, it's like am dreaming. In my hands is the device that belongs to Nikola Tesla! What does it do?" 
 You don't know what it does?! Maybe am dreaming also.
"Am surprised you should ask me that, given the point you heard the sound"
"Maybe i did Zac, but what does it do practically except from making eerie sounds." She hated been played wise on.
How would he explain, this was something he himself wasn't sure of. The sound originated alright from the device, that was never powered on, that never really did have a power on because if it did he would have found it, not one button was on the device, everything was just a combination of black wires. Elementary physics "for a machine to work it has to have both the positive and negative wires usually indicated by a red and a black". Only this wasn't a device that obeys elementary physics, after all it wasn't meant to.
"All it does, actually is too make sounds" Micheal said drily.
"So what you are saying is this is some kind of vintage jam-box?"
"Yeah. It's a jam-box."
"Damn! i never realized Tesla was the type to listen to...
"He was the type Sofia, to listen to sounds not from our earth. He was." He stated plainly.
He had to make sure she realized the world was filled of crazy people, not only in Mountainville, but everywhere human life exists. There were those who believe in stupid ideas. And she was a fan of one. She wasn't shocked, instead she laughed like an hyena.
"You are saying this device listens to sounds from outer space? Zac, i have got to say you actually got me this time."
she thinks am joking
"Listen Sofia, as much as i appreciate the compliment i am not joking!" He was dead serious, and he saw she noticed.
"Let's assume what you are saying is true, I might...
"just heard an alien voice" he enjoyed the shock in her face, something he also hadn't been able to do.
"But something isn't right. You never touched this and it isn't working, so how did it work?
"I can't tell, love. I can't"
She had always waited for a time, a day when all her skepticism would be proved wrong. A day she knew will never come, only it just did by something she heard from the device that wasn't powered on. A device that has no means of actually working. If it has one she plans on finding it or come to worst conclusion...
am i going crazy? God Please. 


© 2013 dicey jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 6, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Sci-fic, Aliens, Tesla.


Author

dicey jones
dicey jones

Aboki, Nigeria



About
All i wanna do is simply to just write... more..

Writing
Don't be Don't be

A Poem by dicey jones





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5