The fear

The fear

A Chapter by dicey jones
"

This is partly a non-fiction, it talks about certain true facts.

"
Mel sat in the rocking chair. A chair that has been in his household for so long it was family. The chair that is fore father has used long before he was born, were they sat to ponder on there worries, fears and make plans. It was referred to as the 'chair of fear'. Only for the past decade he had no fear, he was feeling lucky. Why would my father give such a marvelous piece of furniture a bad reputation. 
"I plan on changing that" Mel spoke confidently. 
What he was not sure of, was it the chair he was talking to, or the fear that has so griped his race. Making....

"Sir. Sir!"
 
Damn, he hated the disturbance, this was supposed to be a time he had to himself.

"Haven't i told you never to disturb me when am on Seat?"

"Yes. Only the crazy scientist insist on seeing you, he says it's important" 

The lanky solider said wondering why the Sit was so damn important. It's just a legend, possibly a myth. And he doesn't believe a s**t, nothing awes him. The red band on his arm indicates he was unfit for any kind of military engagement and was therefore also incapable of hard labor. He was a messenger, only to the commander. Not because he was special, but because he has a 'face' that says "can't betray". Sounds foolish even to him, but most people think it's true.

"Send him in."

The scientist entered looking contempted. Mel couldn't understand what was it that had given Uriel, this courage to appear before him. The man was a traitor, his father had sentenced him for life. He released him  not for any show of mercy, but mainly towards political reasons, he had to portray the image of a fair leader.

"What brings you here, Uriel."

They were all ignorant, feeling all macho like they were invisible. Maybe they were, still they fear. And people always respect what they fear. 

"Commander Mel, thank you for giving the opportunity. I have news"
Just cut to the chase. 
" I intercepted a frequency while i was in my coven, a frequency from outer space"

The fear was written all over his face...a frequency was the reason his father spent most of his life siting on this chair. A frequency was the reason, his father jailed this man. 

"A frequency, what type of frequency, how come, where from?"
"I can't possibly tell. But i assume it's the same as the last one."
"Did you switch on the radio again, cause if you did, you are damn goining to wroth in jail Uriel."
 
For one moment he was afraid, jail was never a place he ever want to see again. Not again in his lifetime.

"No Sir! I did not. My machine, the X47_BC intercepted it."
"What kind of a machine is that?"
"it's a kind of....
"Don't. Do anybody else know about this?"
"Well, i can't tell, but am sure nobody else knows, it was only for a short time. No else could have picked up the signal." apparently if they had he should have heard.
"Good lets keep this between us then. Understood?"
"Yes Sir"

He had gotten his wish, now he and the commander had an understanding. I love frequencies.

Nothing awes him, this just did. He must have confessed he never thought a day like this could come. Being a messenger to the most powerful person had his privileges, one of which was you were privy to information. Information people would die to pay for. He had waited  for the right information for years eagerly eavesdropping for something worthwhile, something that has the capability of surprising many people, of surprising him. He just stumbled upon one, now it's time he became the other most powerful person, this information with the others he had was just he needed. He could feel one sudden surge of power flow through him, like he was been electrified. Information is power.


© 2013 dicey jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013
Tags: Fantasy, Sci-fic, Aliens, Tesla.


Author

dicey jones
dicey jones

Aboki, Nigeria



About
All i wanna do is simply to just write... more..

Writing
Don't be Don't be

A Poem by dicey jones