The call

The call

A Chapter by dicey jones
"

Sometimes you regret why you picked the call.

"
The desire to sleep had left, all he did was stare to the ceiling of the ship. He wished he could see the skies, the stary stars, who was there silently watching...what are they. For a moment he felt the urge to go outside his room, scream out, shout out to them. Aliens, he still can't digest the thought, although he heard stories, he watched movies only it still mesmerize him. He remembered one time when he was still barely a teenager, he asked his mom if aliens were real...His catholic mother had told him no such thing exists. "God created man in his own image, he made the earth a dwelling place for us, the Holy book says no such thing of little green men" her voice still echoed through his head. Only there are little green men, he hoped he would ever get the chance to tell his mom...damn she'd be shocked. Actually there was someone, he couldn't recall the name, says he'd seen them never explains what he meant by them only he called them the "first people." He was sent to a mental hospital, he was crazy. He jumped down from his bunker, flicked on a torch searched through his backpack and brought out a rambled paper, he glanced and sighed. Thankgod i never lost it...maybe he wasn't crazy.  
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
He dropped the paper on the table, his face was all drowy. Is it probably a coincidence, a random occurence set into motion and was unknowingly stumbled upon? He wished it was, this was more than a coincidence. His dad had always said "when something happens once it was fate, if it happens twice it is luck and if happens at all when there is no possible explanation it becomes a coincidence" There are plenty of explanations...never had he succeeded in making contact to whoever it was on the other side, yet in one day he had picked up freqencies twice. Now, whoever it was knew all the time what he was up to or simply never knew anything except of course to give out a random warning to whoever might be listening in the universe. lame. Why war?. He drifted on with his thoughts. 
She watched him from the angle of the room, she couldn't get a better view of his face but she was sure he must be estactic, for once she'd  been beaten twice. "Sophia a time will come that all your pessimisim towards aliens existence would be all for nothing" the crimson voice echoed in her head, it pained her to realize he was right. The frequencies had proven beyound resonable doubt; that the universe was home not only to us. They were nothing from earth it requires no evil genius to decipher that the minuscle tiny frequencies were from somewhere else. Somewhere with other intelligent beings, the problem now was why war, what possible reason  can there be for a war to erupt. The movies had always made a fuss of the whole anatagonism between world wars, maybe they watched the movies alot. 
"Hey crazy, why would there be a war?"
"How should  i know, ask the mayans"
"Maybe i would if i knew where they are"
"Have you tried their cell number" 
She glanced at him, as if in a shock she rushed to the phone desk, dailed in a number...the conversation was over in no less than twenty minutes. 
"Please don't tell me, you have a mayan cell number?" 
"Actually i do" she smiled 
"and you said am crazy? on a scale of hundred you'd be placed on the ninety-eight."
"No, Zac...i think i might have just found a way to make contact with the aliens" she blushed
"You can't be serious, How?"
"That you'll know, but first are ready for an adventure?"
"it depends" he grinned
"Pack up your backs mate, we are going to Africa"
 Africa?! oh no


© 2013 dicey jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: sci-fic, Nikola Tesla, fantasy, Aliens.


Author

dicey jones
dicey jones

Aboki, Nigeria



About
All i wanna do is simply to just write... more..

Writing
Don't be Don't be

A Poem by dicey jones