True Love- Part 1

True Love- Part 1

A Chapter by blackcayne
"

Make the first move.

"
~Blake
I can't believe my parents would make me do this! I was born in Japan and lived there my whole life. Suddenly without much notice, they tell me I'm moving to America the next day. Surprisingly I was fluent in Japanese as well as English... Very coincidental considering they were deciding to move me to an english speaking country. How does that even happen? I lay in my silken sheets and thought about how different it would be. I rolled over and squeezed my eyes closed, trying to force myself to sleep. It was already four in the morning so I figured getting up would be a better option. Slipping my katana onto my back, I padded through the hallways of the traditional japanese house quietly and arrived at the serene garden. Quietly, I drew the beautiful katana and made my way through a few sets slowly. Hearing a whisper of movement I froze and slowly looked at the porch. Sitting on it was my owl. I had gotten him when I was twelve for my birthday and named him Ryder. He followed me wherever I went. I paused and wondered whether he would be allowed with me on school premises. I twitched and continued doing sets until the sun came up. My last sunrise in Japan.

~Aria
I rode to school on my bike, feeling the breeze on my face. Leisurly riding, I saw an unfamiliar back. Recognizing my school uniform I rode up to the person and got of my bike to walk beside him. He was listening to music through black and grey print earphones with his bag slung over his back lazily. I tapped him cheerfully on the shoulder and said, 'I havnt seen you around, are you new?'
He looked up and I saw his eyes. They were silver with light blue specks gently outlining his pupil. His hair was jet black and hapzardly jumbled into a side fringe. Most noticeable of all, he had an owl perched on his shoulder. It was beautiful shades of black, grey and brown. His eyes widened a fraction then he bit his lip and pulled out his earphones.
'Hey, yeah I just transferred here from Japan.' his voice was slightly raspy and he seemed to fumble with his words a bit. I laughed and said, 'Do you speak Japanese? I do.'
His lips curved slightly and replied, 'Yeah it's actually my first language.'
'Me too!' I giggled, delighted. 'But we should probably speak English because they might think we're plotting something,' I whispered into his ear. I smelt a scent of cherry blossom and smiled.
He grinned and replied, 'Sure!'
We chatted all the way to school, his name was Blake. A bit different for a Japanese guy, I laughed. He was quiet and listened to me babble about the school and how different it was from Japan. He made simple remarks that made me laugh which in turn made him smile.
He explained that the owl, which was called Ryder, was a birthday present from his father and that it had to follow him everywhere. I grinned and stared it with wide eyes. Ryder made a squeaking sound and hopped to my shoulder. I gasped in delight and grasped Blakes arm. 'Does he like me?' i breathed quietly.
'Thats different,' he murmered to himself. I noticed him glance at my hand and i discreetly took my hand off and asked him whether i could touch Ryner. Our conversation continued relaxingly until we got to school where the hallways were incredibly crowded. I wrestled to get through and Blake held my shoulder and placed his fingertips on the small of my back to help me navigate. I bit my lip and continued, easily with his help. We were in the same class so once i had dropped my books off at my locker we navigated to the room he dropped his arms and said, 'Is it going to be like that every time?'
I grinned and placed my bag on a desk. The homeroom teacher gave me the locker code and lock for Blake and told me I had first period off to show him around. I smiled sweetly and exclaimed, 'Sure!' I spent about ten minutes actually getting things sorted but for the rest of the period we escaped to my secret spot. We spent the rest of the period talking and fiddling with the falling leaves. Once a brown leaf landed on my head and he leaned in and gently picked it up. When he came close I could smell the cherry blossom and remarked on his good hygene. He smirked and leaned towards my neck.

~Blake
I took a small sniff and the smell of lavander flooded my nose... Nice. I smiled and commended her choice of perfume. I felt like I had known her a long time ago... When my grandfather was still the boss of our yakuza family. Due to many kidnappings, I carried my katana everywhere. Aria just gave me a questioning look and continued on her string of stories. Right up until I moved, I was training to take over the family. What worried me was that they sent me here... Why? I pushed the thought out of my head and focused on Aria. At one point she remarked, 'You do realize that you look awfully suspicious with that katana on your back.' I flinched and bit my lip. 'Yeah, should I have disguised it as an umbrella or something?' she laughed and murmured, 'That would be so cool!' her eyes twinkled with humor. 'Are you going to do that?'
'Yeah,' I grinned. 'Wanna come along?'
'Yes! Ohmygosh thats so cool! When?' she cried with delight, jumping up and down.
'Today after school actually,' I laughed at her excitment.
Surprisingly most of my classes were with each other but I looked forward to the end of the day to go disguise hunting. We walked out of the school with me wheeling her bike for her. Heading down the steps, she slipped on a piece of runaway clingwrap. I quickly caught her waist and hand pulling her towards me.

~Aria
I squeaked and gripped Blakes shoulder to steady myself. His hands firmly held me with his face an inch from mine, his silver eyes locked with my caramel ones. I felt my face heat up and i bit my lip. He smiled and helped me gain my balance. My bike had fallen on the floor during these events and he moved to pick it up. Ryder hooted and playfully nipped Blakes ears, which i noticed were red. I started humming and we walked out of the school to a nearby guitar shop. 'What?' I said, stunned. He was halfway through the door when he turned around and motioned for me to join him. I heard a musical bell as we entered and a squeaky voice said, 'Master Blake how would you like us to service you today?' I looked around and saw a store employee who wore horn rimmed glasses.
'Uhh I would like to have my katana sheath altered to hide the katana in a umbrella sort of thing,' Blake replied holding out the beautiful sword. The employee squealed and took the katana into the back room. I chuckled and paced around the guitar shop. 'You know I've always wanted a guitar,' I murmured, tracing the outline of a gorgeous design.
'Why dont you get one then?' he whispered into my ear, his breath gently blowing my hair. His hand covered mine and brought it up to his face. 'You have pianist fingers though.' he said, resting his chin on my shoulder. I smirked and turned his hand so I could see his fingertips. He had callouses on his palm and the tips of his fingers were hardened. My other hand floated over his hand and I tilted my head, saying, 'You play guitar?' he gently removed his hand and picked up the guitar I had been fingering. Sitting down on a nearby stool he started strumming. I flinched when he hit a wrong chord and laughed.


© 2014 blackcayne


Author's Note

blackcayne
I tried my best for grammar o.o

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello, I thought so far a sweet nice story. I would really go back and check your grammar again, I noticed some words missing from a few sentences. One idea to bring it all together nicely might be to write it more like a story without breaking it up into what Blake & Aria are thinking seperatly. Will read more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the little story here but I think you could stretched it out a bit and maybe try a different way of switching POV. Cute story. I enjoyed reading this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hello, I thought so far a sweet nice story. I would really go back and check your grammar again, I noticed some words missing from a few sentences. One idea to bring it all together nicely might be to write it more like a story without breaking it up into what Blake & Aria are thinking seperatly. Will read more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the story so far. You gave life and history to the character. I like the locations and the conversations. The story bring me into because. Real life and chance is always a good story. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

blackcayne

10 Years Ago

Thankyou! It makes me happy that you enjoy my story :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 13, 2014
Tags: True love romance part 1


Author

blackcayne
blackcayne

Australia



About
A student that writes for leisure. enjoys the occasional thriller/horror but prefers romance. paperback books are always the best way to read books. Feel free to message me c: hopefully I'll be a .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by blackcayne


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by blackcayne