Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Brett Michael Wagner

        I spent a bit of time in Louisville due to circumstances beyond my control, but when I was finally able to leave, I walked across the Big Four truss bridge into Indiana. In my explorations of Jeffersonville, I ended up losing sight of the interstate and I got turned around. I slept under a church's roof that night. The next morning brought an unrelenting rain, and I stayed under a car wash's roof to stay dry. A van pulled up and the man offered to take me to a Meijer's and get me a bite to eat. I gladly hoped in and talked. He works with mentally handicapped people, and he sounded gay, which was no problem. He was a very good-hearted person and I don't care if you are straight, gay, bi, or whatever, if you are doing things in love, then you are good.
I was dropped off and I hung out at the Meijer's for awhile. Once the rain calmed down a bit, I made my way under a bridge. There was a homeless man there and we chatted for awhile, keeping each other company while we waited out the rain.
I believe people should trust a little bit more than we often do. I've lived among the homeless a lot in my life and I've never been harmed. I've met some of the most amazing people on the street. Sure there are the creeps and thieves and what not, but there is more to it than that. I believe people are inherently good.


© 2013 Brett Michael Wagner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013


Author

Brett Michael Wagner
Brett Michael Wagner

Ft. Wayne, IN



About
I'm 24, I've always been interested in writing, and I'd like a place to share it to see what others think. I love traveling, music, and philosophy. more..

Writing