Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Brett Michael Wagner

Four AM comes early. Red's knocking startled me out of a deep sleep. After breakfast we raced to the Grey Hound station in Indianapolis, just making the bus in time. The bus ride was uneventful and we arrived just as the sun was rising on the brisk fall day. I dug the town a little and started walking to the Monastery. Soon the town gave way to cornfields and forests, the cornstalks already dead, and some of the trees starting to burst  with their autumn colors -- bright red-orange and yellow hues popped out among the other folliage that had yet to turn to its fall foliage. What a beautiful day.
Unfortanetly the monks were really busy and could not take me in. A guy who lives right next to the monastery gave me a ride to Wal-Mart where I bought some warmer clothes and a sleeping bag. A cart pusher there talked to me and liked my story. He gave me a poncho because it was supposed to rain.
I camped out in the woods behind Wal-Mart, then I went back downtown to stay at the Rescue Mission to see about volunteering and stuff. Might end up going to Green Bay after all....

to be continued


© 2013 Brett Michael Wagner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013


Author

Brett Michael Wagner
Brett Michael Wagner

Ft. Wayne, IN



About
I'm 24, I've always been interested in writing, and I'd like a place to share it to see what others think. I love traveling, music, and philosophy. more..

Writing