Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Brett Michael Wagner

        The rain quit and I admired a double rainbow that arched itself across the sky. I said good bye to the homeless man, wished him well, and managed to get back on the interstate. I met a man from Saudi Arabia in a truck stop who drove me to another truck stop near Indianapolis. At that truck stop, I met a really cool man there that had been drifting for 2 years, following the Rainbow Family,  a group of hippies. He gave me a jacket and a trucker bought me a shower and we shared our stories.
I offered to work at a Waffle House for a meal and the manager was so kind as to provide me a meal free of charge. I have learned that as long as I am upfront and honest with people, and willing to work for my keep, they more often than not will help me.
The next day me and the fellow traveler parted ways. On to his own destiny. How crazy is it that we meet someone, share our lives and then suddenly they are gone? This world is too big in many ways, but social networking has helped to shrink it. People and their stories amaze me.
I had no luck hitch hiking. I went back to the truck stop and a man named Gary started talking to me. We ended up going to a bar to have a few drinks. We were both in the Army, and field artillery at that, so we had that in common. He was in Vietnam. Now he works as a bus driver. He was actually going to be taking a college football team to Green Bay in the next few days, so he let me stay at his house.


© 2013 Brett Michael Wagner


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 20, 2013


Author

Brett Michael Wagner
Brett Michael Wagner

Ft. Wayne, IN



About
I'm 24, I've always been interested in writing, and I'd like a place to share it to see what others think. I love traveling, music, and philosophy. more..

Writing