Pebbles and Insane Mothers

Pebbles and Insane Mothers

A Chapter by Brooklyn

I check my closet before I go to bed. You can never be too careful. After being sure that no one is in there, I pull on a pair of flannel pants and take off the shirt that I wore to the date, leaving on my cami.

I climb into my bed and pull the sheets in, getting comfortable in my side-sleeping position. Five minutes after my head hits the pillow, I start to dream

 

I’m in the most beautiful gown I’ve ever seen. It’s white. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that it’s my wedding day.  Somehow I know that everything is perfect. That today is going to be perfect. I’m sure of it.

Ari, it’s time I hear my brother say threw the door. I look at myself in the mirror one last time for a final inspection. Time. Time to marry my true love.

I open the door and mark offers me his arm. He’s going to escort me down the isle and give me away to my future husband. He’s like the father I’ve never had anyway.

“You look beautiful, ya know.” He says to me as we walk toward the heavy oak doors. “I’d ruffle your hair now but I think I might be murdered if I did.”

“You bet you would!” I say, edging away from him slightly, in case he took the chance. He reaches out to open one of the doors.

And it stays closed. No, this is not happening. Not today.

Tap.

He knocks loudly. There is no response from the other side.

Tap.

Please, please, please. I start t panic. C’mon Fate. Why?

Tap. My foggy brain starts to process that the sound is coming from outside my dream. I eyelids flutter open in surprise. Huh?

I am facing the window that looks out to the front lawn. My eyes open in time to see a small rock sailing through the air and hitting the glass before dropping the two stories to the ground.

I can’t help the smile that slowly spreads across my face. Mason was always romantic. On our first date he brought me flowers and held the door open for me. he brought me to a fancy restaurant, where I ordered the cheapest thing that wasn’t on the kid’s menu. Then he held my hand and walked me to my front door. It sounds really corny but�"

Tap.

I snapped out of my fantasy about our first date and walked over toward the window. I hope he stops throwing the rocks. If he breaks the glass, Mom will make him pay for it. That, and I rather not be hit when I open the window.

I creep over to it and gasp. It’s not Mason out side. I know Mason and he is taller and bulkier. He has shorter hair than this person and he stands differently. I have no clue who this person is and it scares me.

I rush to my dresser where I stash my slingshot. Then I grab the closest thing I can find, which is my hairbrush. I go back to the window, open it, and aim.

He person below cries out and I can finally tell who it is. Harry Styles.

 “What the bloody hell was that?!” He asks, rubbing the spot where my brush hit him.

Despite my surprise, I am able to keep my voice steady when I answer, “That was a warning! No means no, Harry Styles! You are going to have accept it.”

“I will after you try one date with me!” I stare at him in shock. Part of me is tempted.

“I. Have. A. Boyfriend, remember?” I say, trying not to give in.

“One date, that’s all I’m asking. After that you never have to see me again. Unless you want to of course?”

“You’ll leave me alone..?” I ask suspiciously.

“Yes.”

“One, that’s it, never again? No one needs to know?” He nods.  “Let me think about it.” He smiles and I slam the window closed before he can charm me with his British-ness into saying yes.

God, he’s adorable.

A moment latter, I hear a knock on the door. I open it, half expecting it to be Harry. Instead, my mom walks in and sits cross-legged on my bed. “He was cute,” she states simply.

I give her the “mom not now” look which she promptly ignores. “And he seemed really interested.” She draws out the last word, making it sing-song-y.

“You were eavesdropping!” I accuse.

“Honey, if you’re gonna have a conversation with a boy that involves yelling to each other in the dead of night, people are going to listen.” I roll my eyes. She leans forward eagerly. “So are you going to go?”

“Go where?”

“On the date, Silly!”

Any hope of having a normal conversation with her died when she said that. “Mom!” I protest. I am not getting into my mess of a love life with her.

“I’m just saying that no one would blame you. Take it from a single thirty six year old. You can never have enough options…” I throw a pillow at her and she holds her hands up in surrender. “I’m just saying.”

She backs out of the room, pausing at the door. “One date won’t hurt.”

“Mom!”

She winks and continues out, closing the door behind her. I crawl back into my comfy, inviting bed. I stare up at the ceiling waiting for sleep to come. The decisions that I have to make chase it away. 



© 2012 Brooklyn


Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh decisions decisions. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Poor Mason, on the chopping block

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow ...amazing ....i definitely need more

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really good! Keep it coming! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


More please! I can't believe Harry though! this is so far the cutest thing that he has done to try to get Ari. Now the big question, will Mason find out???? This was an amazing chapter, wayy better than the last two that were totaly short but that is something different. Keep up this amazing writting.

Posted 11 Years Ago


More. more. more

Posted 11 Years Ago


DYING OF LAUGHTER! I seriously need more

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Brooklyn


Chapter III Chapter III

A Chapter by Lydia


 Chapter V Chapter V

A Chapter by Lydia


Chapter VII Chapter VII

A Chapter by Lydia





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5