Heartbreak </3

Heartbreak A Chapter by Brooklyn

It’s a Saturday afternoon and for the first time in months, I don’t have plans with Mason. He hasn’t called in days and when I called him, he couldn’t talk. It’s almost like he has been avoiding me.

          So instead of a romantic date or just hanging out, I am home alone with a book. As I ease into the chair, I wonder when that turned into a bad thing. Reading has always been one of my favorite hobbies, but suddenly I can’t focus on the words that snake across the page. I squirm in my seat then give up all together after a few minutes of reading the same line over and over.

          I sigh and get up pacing back and forth. Two thing, actually people, circle in my mind. Mason, Harry, Mason, Harry. I can see Mason stroking my hair as we snuggle on the couch. I feel his lips on mine and his warm touch. How he held me as I cried. But I also see Harry, listening to me as I rant, showing up even after I reject him time and time again. Saying those words that sound as if we in a movie. “Everyone makes mistakes.”

          I am an emotional mess. Guilt swirls in my stomach at the thought of me with Harry on that beach. I’ve cheated. I had gone to a new low, breaking a promise with myself that I had made years ago.

I have to tell Mason.

I search frantically for my cell phone and find it on the floor next to my bedside table. I hit his speed-dial and wait as it rings and rings. “You’ve reached Mason. Leave your name and number and I’ll get back to you,” His voice says in the recording.

I open my mouth to leave a message. He’ll understand right? Then I see him in my mind and hang up without saying a word. I can’t lose him.

 

Monday mornings are the worst. You wake up knowing that you have a whole week of torture ahead. All I want to do is go back to sleep. I hit snooze on my alarm clock and roll to the other side. I’m not getting up.

The alarm clock sounds again five minute later. “Shut up,” I tell it, still half asleep. It does not obey my command and I give in. I get out of bed and walk to my closet, pulling on the first thing that I see. It is a medium green shirt and the skinny jeans that I wore with Harry. They still smell slightly of sea salt.

I brush my black hair and leave I down, not bothering wit it today. It goes into its natural loose spirals that everyone says they are so jealous of.  Yeah, if only they knew. I brush my teeth and head down stairs. I grab my backpack and head out the door in time to catch my bus. One more month and I’ll have my new car. Then it will be buh-bye bus and hello driving.  I can’t wait.

The hallways are full of people talking and preparing for class. It takes me a while to weave my way in and out of the crowd on my way to my locker. School. The worst form of punishment.

I slam my locker closed. That’s when I see them. Mason and Katie Goodman having a full out make-out session in the middle of the hallway.

It takes all my will not to burst out in tears and run to sob in the bathroom. Instead I make my way towards them. I stand there until mason slightly opens his eyes and notices me. He gives me a broken hearted look as if it was my fault that he had his tongue down another girls throat.

“I saw you with him. On Friday.” He says not even bothering to explain about the girl that is still clinging on to him.

“Mason, let me explain.” I say desperately.

“I don’t think there’s much to explain. I saw him kiss you. I saw you kiss him back.” I feel my heart cracking as he continues, “Maybe its better if you don’t try to explain.

I look at him one last time, hoping for a change of mind or at least a hint that he still loves me. None comes. I walk away before they can see me cry.

I head to the nurses office and tell her that I’m not feeling good. She must see in my face that I need to go home because she nods and calls my mom without even examining me.

My mom waits for me out at the front of the school. When she sees my face, she runs and hugs me. “C’mon. You can tell me at home,” She whispers as she leads me to the car. Tears stream down my face.



© 2012 Brooklyn


Author's Note

Brooklyn
sadness...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow
wasnt expecting that


Posted 11 Years Ago


I feel so sad. This chapter really caught my attention.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your story is well written and easy to follow. You have a good imagination and the ability to type it into sentences. I like the expressions you use, such as "the words that snake across the page." There are still some spelling and punctuation errors that mar an otherwise good story. Just do a careful and slow proofread, or talk a friend into do it. Thanks for the colorful story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ohhh my gosh! I feel so bad! :( BUT now she can be with Harry! Flipping out!! :D hahaa

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great, you have a way with words. Keep writing and improve as much as you can, thats my only advice :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! Totally unexpected but I don't know who she'll want back! I can't decide!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Stupid Mason. He should have at least listened to what she was going to say. He should have listened to her. Heard that she didn't want that superstar and her mom and friend made her do it. Well now is the perfect time for Harry Styles to show up so he can comfort Ari.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm surprised Mason moved on without another word, seems he had a loyalty percentage of about 2. Clearly it didn't matter to him so obviously Ari didn't matter to him either. Surprising to look back at all those love notes and how he was so romantic when he was ready to leave without the slightest regret...oh yeah, Katie Goodman is sure lucky to have a loyal guy like him..she can definitely trust him *rolls eyes*.
Poor Ari, put her heart into something worthless, and fought powerful feelings for it too...now she gets to me slammed by the truck of realization that she was never meant for him all along. And trust me, I don't think the truck is going to be too forgiving today..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Brooklyn

11 Years Ago

maybe he was just hurt and wanted to get back at her in some way...
Odayin

11 Years Ago

Then I really feel bad for both him and Ari. Not only was Ari never truly loved, but Mason never le.. read more
Oh my gosh, big font. I liked it, but I wish Mason had let her explain. But they were still over. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


MORE NOW!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012


Author

Brooklyn
Brooklyn

why do you want to know?, MA



About
I'm a fourteen year old girl that is now in her freshman year of highschool. wish me luck!. I'm awful at spelling, and I need to work on "down time" in stories. I also can't seem to write one book for.. more..

Writing
But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


Nightmares Nightmares

A Poem by Brooklyn


Insanity Insanity

A Story by Brooklyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Brooklyn


But Not But Not

A Poem by Brooklyn


FIREFLIES FIREFLIES

A Poem by afra