Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by LittleEye:)

When I woke up the next morning, I turned over and looked at my clock. 2:00 pm. I rolled back over and then closed my eyes, but before I could go back to sleep my phone started to ring on my desk. I was debating on letting it ring, when I fell out of my bed. I decided that that was the worlds way of telling me to get up. So i stood up and walked over to my desk. I picked up my phone and flipped it open.

 

 

 

"Hello?" I probably sounded really tired.

"Hey! Did I wake you Kayla?" It ws Kody. I smiled and finally made the attempt to try and not sound so tired.

"Ya, but i had to get up sometime anyways. What's up?"

"Well, I was actually wondering if you wanted to hang out. I called earlier, but you were still sleeping."

"Oh, sorry. I'd definatly want to hang out today, want to pick me up in... say thirty?"

"Ya! See you then!"

"Ok, bye!"

 

 

 

And then the line went dead. I closed my phone and tossed it on my bed. I walked over to my closet and picked out my clothes for today. A pair of shorts and a green and white polka dotted tank. I threw that on and then walked into my bathroom. Brushed my hair and applied some mascara and eyeliner. I walked downstairs and went through the pantry to find something to snack on while i waited for him to arrive. After about twenty minuets I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and saw Kody standing there with a smile on his beautiful face.

 

 

 

"Are you ready?"

"Yup, let me go grab my flip flops, and I'll be right out."

"Ok, I'll be waiting here."

 

 

 

I walked back up the stairs and into my room. Grabbed my green flip flops and then went back down the stairs two at a time. When i got back downstairs he was still there, waiting for me as he said he would.

 

 

 

"Ready!"

"Ok, so do you have any place in mind where you'd want to go?"

"Um... We could go to the beach, or maybe be the park. I like the park."

"Then the park it is. Do you want to go get somethnig to eat first?"

"Ya, we can go to that pizza place right down the street from the park."

"Ok, then that's the plan. Pizza in the park."

 

 

 

And with that we both walked out the door and over to his car. He opened the passanger side door for me and then as i got in I noticed that he never quit smiling, and neither did i for that matter. He closed the door and then walked over to the driver side and got in. As we drove down the familar streets with the familar buildings, he made everything seem different. I don't know what it was, but just being in the car with him made everything feel different. Everything felt right.

Kody and I had been friends ever since freshman year, and had never really gotten in a fight. Of course he'd go out with a girl that i didn't approve of, or he'd disapprove if my boyfriend, but we'd get over it, and in the end we'd put our friendship before our boyfriend/girlfriend. It seems kinda weird now that i think of it. But now that we were together none of that would happen.

As we pulled into the pizza place, we both got out at the same time, and he waited for me to catch up to him before we walked in. We sat down in one of the smaller booths, and ordered a medium pepperoni pizza and two cokes. As we waited for the food we talked about what happened last night. I looked at him and decided to ask him the question that had been burning in my mind all night.

"So does this mean that we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Ya, I think it does. Unless you don't want it to."

"Of course i do. You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"I've loved you for awhile now."

"And I've loved you since the first time I saw you. I think that means that I love you more."

"No it doesn't. Cause I kno for a fact that i definatly love you more."

"No, I'm pretty sure that I love you more."

And it went on like this until the pizza came, and we ate in that non-awkward silance. Once we finished he paid the wairtress and walked out of the resturant. We hopped into his car and drove down to the park. It was pretty deserted for it being a saturday afternoon. We walked around hand in hand with our fingures intertwined. He pulled me over to the swings and push me for awhile.

After being there for alittle ovevr an hour. my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and looked at the caller id. It was Cali.

"Hey?"

"Kayla!! OMG! you'll nver guess what I just found out."

She sounded really upset, and if i had to guess it was most likely about last night's break up.

"Cali, what's wrong? What happen?"

"OMFG! Brad was cheating on me. I was talking to his friend Erik this morning after he heard about the break up, and then he mentioned something about another girl.. I asked him what he meant, and then he just hung up on me! Kayla, i can't belive that Brad cheated on me!"

"Wait Cali. So Erik never actually said that he was cheating on you right?"

As i said this I could see Kody's face change from worry to anger. He knew something, and I'd have to figure out what it was.

"No, kayla, he never actually said it, but i could totally tell that that's what he was talking about."

"Ok, Cali, calm down. I'm at the park with Kody right now. We are going to get in the car and come over to your house. You are at your house right?"

"Ya, thanks Kayla. I'll try to calm down. And I'll see you soon."

"Ok, we'll be there soon. Just sit tight."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

 I shut the phone and then jumped off the swing. Kody's faced looked confused again.

"Come on. We have to get to Cali's house. I'll explain what happened on the way."

With that i started power walking toward the car. He followed, but was working really hard to keep up. Once we got in the car he pulled out of the parking lot and headed in the direction of Cali's house.

 



© 2009 LittleEye:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on August 27, 2009


Author

LittleEye:)
LittleEye:)

orlando, FL



About
All of you that have known me since 2007 have seen me grow up through my work, i just want to say thx for all of the reviews and the comments you guys help a lot more..

Writing