Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by LittleEye:)

"Kayla, what just happened. What is going on between Cali and Brad?"

After he drove out of the parking lot i was supposed to have explain what happened to him, but i didn't really kno what happened.

"Well... Cali was talking to Erik about what had happened between her and Brad last night. He said something about another girl, Cali asked about this 'other girl' and Erik just hung up. So Cali thinks that Brad was cheating on her. And now she's flipping out."

"Wait... So Erik metioned something about another girl and Cali thought that Brad was cheating on her with this girl?"

"Ya... Do you know anything about this? Was Brad actually cheating on her?"

"Um.. no."

"No what? No you didn't know anything or no he wasn't cheating on her?"

"No, I'd rather not say anything."

"YOU DID KNOW!! HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL ME OR HER?!?!?"

"Kayla, please don't react like that. I'll explain."

"You better start explaining. No, I want you to explain it to Cali."

 We spent the rest of the car ride in complete and utter silence. And not the non-awkward silence that we usually ride in. This was VERY awkward silence. Once we pulled in to Cali's driveway i opened the door and then slammed the door alittle harder then i probably should have. I stormed into the house, and he followed behind me. I opened the door without knocking this was practically my second home.

"Cali? Where are you?"

"Kayla? Is that you? I'm in my room."

i walked around the corner into her room. Kody was still close on my heels when i opened her door, but he stopped at her door. Cali was curled up in a ball on her bed. When she looked up at me her face was covered with streaks of black make up and her tear stained pillow had been thrown across the room.

"Cali... It's okay Cali. I'm here now. What happened?"

"Oh, Kayla! I can't believe he'd do that to me... I thought we were perfect for each other! I thought he loved me!"

"Oh sweetie! If he really did love you, then you wouldn't be here right now.  And if he really did love you then you guys wouldn't have been dating off and on. You two would be a steady couple. And plus Cali, everyone knows that you are way too good for him."

"Kayla! You are being way too nice! Did you know anything about this?"

"No Cali. If I had known about it, then I would have told you in a heart beat... But I think I know someone who might be able to shine some light on the subject."

With that I looked over at the doorway where Kody was still standing. And he walked in as if on cue. He looked sad and guilty. He walked over to the closest corner to the bed. Leaned against the wall and took a deep sigh.

"It's true."

We both looked at him with confused faces. Cali was the first one to speak.

"Why? Why would he? What did I do? It's all my fault anyways."

More tears spilled out of her eyes. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Cali, it's not your fault. Don't blame this on yourself. He's the idiot that cheated on you. Don't go back to him. He should have been grateful to have you Cali. You're amazing."

"Thanks Kayla, but I think that you're the amzing friend here."

She smiled for the first time since we got here. We both looked back over at Kody to let him know that he could go on and explain everything that had happened behind our back.

"Ok, so for the past like month or so, Brad has been talking about hanging out with this Kimberly chick, and none of knew what it was about until a week ago when he told us straight up that he and her had 'this thing going'. His wirds exact. We reminded him of you, Cali, and he shrugged it off and said that you were getting old and that he wanted someone 'more interesting'."

He stopped and looked at Cali with worry on his face. I knew that he hadn't meant to upset anyone, but she started crying even harder now. I looked and knew that it wasn't his fault. I instently felt sorry for yelling at him earlier.

"Ok, Kody I think that you should go home now. It's getting kinda late. I'll stay here with Cali because she needs me right now. I'll call you tomorrow."

It had been a very sad night. I looked over at the clock. 12:00 am. He got up and right before he left turned around and mumbled his good-byes. He turned back around and walked out the door. I could hear his car engine start as he pulled out of the drive way and drove off into the night. I looked back at Cali and whispered

"Everything is going to be alright."



© 2009 LittleEye:)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on August 27, 2009


Author

LittleEye:)
LittleEye:)

orlando, FL



About
All of you that have known me since 2007 have seen me grow up through my work, i just want to say thx for all of the reviews and the comments you guys help a lot more..

Writing