Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Amy Baker

I was waiting at the front of the school for my mom to pick me up. I didn't really wanna spend a whole weekend with my mom when Zach was still in the hospital. I wasn't ready for her to be badgering me about what happened to Zach. Trust me. She would be. Just then her red mustang pulled up. She's always late. She had a smile on her face when she asked, "So, how was school?"

 

I was just getting in the car and she was already annoying me. "A death trap. As usual."

 

She was looking around like she was looking for someone. Please don't ask where Zach is, I thought. "Where's Zach?" Damn it! There it is.

 

"He had an accident and is in the hospital." I know I can't tell the whole truth to everyone but why go to a full out lie when you can tell the partial truth.

 

"Oh I hope he's alright!"

 

"Mom, he's fine! The doctor just need to keep him in for a couple days. Now can we stop talking about it?" I didn't want to talk about it. Anytime anyone today asked me about Zach, I just had to walk away because it was too hard to handle.

 

We pulled up into my mom's drive way and I looked at the old, run-down home. This was the home that I grew up in. My mom never made any changes even though the building is practically falling apart. The lining on the roof is falling off. The doors are creaking beyond belief. I just never felt safe in this home. I was brought out of my thought when Mom said, "I have some news Sweetheart."

 

I looked at her confused. "What?"

 

She sighed and looked at me, "We're moving."

 

I couldn't comprehend what it was that she was saying. Moving? Mom never even talked about moving. She loved it here, or so I thought. "Where are we moving?" Why was I saying we?

 

"To Spain. Oh! You're going to love it. Your school will have-"

 

"Wait, Mom! Stop! I'm not going. The papers say that I live with Dad and I want to live with Dad." In reality I didn't want to stay with my dad. I wanted to stay with Zach. It was better for me to stay here.

 

"Do you really want to stay with your father?" She looked at me with a skeptical look. I knew what she was thinking but I didn't care.

 

"Yes Mom. This is where Zach is!" I didn't want to leave Zach. It was hard enough as it is to be away from Zach the time that I was away from him.

 

She sighed and shook her head. I knew she didn't approve that I was making my decision over one guy. "Honey, you can't stay here because a guy. That's what I did with you father, and look what happened."

 

"Mom, Zach is the first guy in my life that I've felt this way about. I don't know if I could just pack up and move across the world without him."

 

"Alright, let's compromise." I sighed. Mom was always trying to compromise with me. "How about you come to Spain for two months. Then, if you still want to stay here, you can come back."

 

I shrugged. With Matilta around I didn't know what was the safest choice. "I don't know. I'll think about it." Then we went inside.

 

Zach and I were texting. He seemed to be doing much better today than he was yesterday when I left him. I thought that now would be a better time than any to tell him about Mom's compromise.

 

MOM'S MOVING!

 

WHERE???

 

SPAIN!

 

COOL! IS THAT ALL YOU WANTED TO TELL ME ABOUT THAT???

 

WELL, SHE WANTS ME TO GO WITH HER FOR A FEW MONTHS.

 

It took him a while to respond. I didn't know what he could be thinking. I THINK THAT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA RIGHT NOW.

 

YEA BUT I DON'T WANNA BE AWAY FROM YOU

 

ME NEITHER KATIE BUT IT'S YOUR SAFTY WE HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HERE.

 

I KNOW BUT-

 

NO BUTS YOU SHOULD GO.

 

I sighed. OKAY.

 

BEHAVE THOUGH OKAY.

 

K!

 

"Mom!" I had to brace myself for the craziness that was about to come when I told her that I was going to Spain with her. Zach was right. Maybe a few months away from here will get Matilta off my back.

 

"Yes?"

 

I sighed. "I'm coming to Spain with you!"

 

"Oh that's awesome. It's only for a few months."

 

I didn't want to leave for two months and not see Zach first. It was going to be torture being away from him as is. "I was wondering if we could go see Zach before we leave?" I asked her. I was hoping she wouldn't mind.

 

"Yea. That's fine sweetheart."

 

Then she drove me to the hospital. I was wondering if I should text Zach and tell him I was coming and then I thought that it would be better if I just surprised him. So I did. I wanted to see his face before we left. I needed to know that he was going to be alright with me leaving. When we got to the hospital, Mom pulled up to the front entrance. "Thanks Mom! I'll be out in a minute."

 

"Alright! Take your time." I rolled my eyes. She always says take your time but then she rushes me though things. I hated it.

 

I walked into the hospital and went right for Zach's room. I went into the blinding white room and saw that Zach was... sleeping. He's always sleeping. It made me smile to see that he was so peaceful. It showed me that he wasn't in that much pain.

 

I guess he heard the door open because he woke up with a startle. "Katie!" He sounded like he just got out of a dream. Then he really saw me. "Katie, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to Spain with your mom?"

 

"We're not leaving until tomorrow afternoon and I wanted to make sure that I got to see you before we left." I walked up toward his bed and grabbed his pale hand. It was surprisingly warm. He was always warm, especially for a vampire.

 

He smiled. "Great! You know I'm only agreeing to this because-"

 

"I will most likely be safer in Spain." I interrupted. Something was bugging me about something that Matilta said when I met her. "I was just thinking. What if she knows I'm leaving?"

 

He looked confused. I guess he didn't hear the part where she knew he told me about her. "What do you mean? How could she know you're leaving?"

 

"Well, Matilta knew when you told me about her and her family. I was just wondering if she would find out I'm leaving and just follow me to Spain."

 

"Katie, come here." He hugged me. I needed this. I can't believe I would spend two months away from this hug. "I won't let her get to you. And if, somehow, she does get to you. I will be right by your side before you know it. I promise."

 

All I did was kiss him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him. We never had a kiss like this. We both got so lost in it. I think we both forgot that we were in the hospital. I wrapped my arm tighter around his warm neck. I didn't want this feeling to stop. The feeling that no one on earth existed except for him and me.

 

Zach pulled away, but only so slightly that he could say something. His lips were still brushing against mine. "Katie. Your phone is ringing." He was right. I got so lost that I didn't even realize that my phone was ringing. Zach let me down and I pulled out my phone to see who was calling.

 

I laughed. "It's my mom."

 

"Well, I guess that means you should go." I looked at him. He had sad eyes. I knew he didn't want me to leave. I pulled him down to me and kissed him. I mean he was a good 5 foot 9 while I was only 5 foot 1.

 

"You know I'll hate every moment I'm over there right."

 

He nodded. "Just try to behave and don't give your mom any trouble." He laughed while his lips were still close to mine. It took every muscle in my body to pull away and leave. "I love you." He said.

 

"I love you too." How on earth was I going to live without him for two whole months? I have no idea.



© 2016 Amy Baker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 8, 2016
Last Updated on September 8, 2016
Tags: the, dark, adventures, katie, zach, trent, matilta, vampires, high school, love, death, torture, kidnap


Author

Amy Baker
Amy Baker

Mechanicsburg, PA



About
I'm just a girl who loves to write and wants to get people's feedback on the things I write. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Baker


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Amy Baker