Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Jessica Fox

        The wolves howled as they scented their prey, the rabbit’s erratic heartbeat echoing through the bare trees. The scent of the hunt was driving the pack, snapping at one another as they tracked the rabbit, the musky odor of their wet fur mingling with the crushed pine needles. One wolf stood in the shadows watching the pack; she curled in on herself, silver fur glinting in the moonlight. She was nearly invisible in the snow, she knew her scent would attract the wolves soon, she watched her golden eyes taking in the surroundings.

            She sank down on her haunches, the hard snow numbing her paws, and she whined as she heard the screams of the rabbit fill the air. She squeezed her eyes close and hid her nose in her tail. Twigs snapped in front of the silvery wolf, she raised her head and let out another soft whine. The black mass of fur looked down at her and nuzzled her neck, she whined again as the scent of cedar overcame her nose. The other wolf nipped her neck playfully and she let out a snarl.

            The black wolf’s pale icy eyes looked at her; he tilted his head and then let out a playful yip and stalked off into the night. The silver female laid her head back down and stared at the pack coming back from the hunt. The wolves regarded her with bored eyes and moved deeper into the forest away from her. She walked back towards civilization, her tail tucked between her legs, whimpering and looking over her shoulder. She was turned down by the pack, she had nowhere to fit in, and she was an outcast everywhere she treads. Loneliness swept over the lone wolf as she saw the glittering lights of the town in the valley. 



© 2009 Jessica Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

For my wolf writing contest that you entered, I can either judge the prologue or a chapter of your choice. Please message me what you would like judged :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


This really hoked my attention.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SNAP! I read chapter one first. lol oh well at least i came back and reviewed this too. keep it up, the story is interesting

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2009
Last Updated on March 2, 2009


Author

Jessica Fox
Jessica Fox

City of Fallen Angels, NJ



About
Check out my new Booksie Site booksie site The new single Automatic by Tokio Hotel I'm on Twitter, so yeah if you want to follow me just go here to follow my Twitter Please order our new book The.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jessica Fox