Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by Jessica Fox

             I heard a dissatisfied grunt as I tossed and turned in the bed. I was feeling a bit disgusted since I had the stink of cat on me. There was a loud crash and bang as I heard yelling in the outer chambers of my room. I caught the scent of Lynx and my pulse sped up, I also heard a low growl of voices.

            “These stupid youngsters, Castile watch her and do NOT turn into a bush this time you worthless sprite.” I caught the sharp tang of pine and a low hiss.

            “Castile I ORDER YOU TO STAY!” there was a shift in power as it tickled along my fevered skin. I heard a low groan and then the pine smell disappeared. I wanted to see what was going on, why Tristan and Lynx were fighting. My wolf wanted to join in the fight, she was always a pushy creature, and when confronted with a fight, she always wanted to exert her dominance.

            “My lady, please don’t move, you are still very weak.” I looked at the cowering maid and sneered. I pushed the covers back and made my way across the black and white marbled floor. I pushed open the door and saw a tall man with ebony skin standing between Lynx and Tristan. I looked at the two men and was struck by a sudden similarity between the two of them.

            “What seems to be the problem here?” The room swam before my eyes and I gripped the doorframe, my nails causing the wood to splinter. Lynx looked at me, he sneered at Tristan and came towards me with concern etched on his face.

            “What happened to you love?” I collapsed in his arms and saw him wince, his clothes still smelled of blood. I growled as the scent enveloped me. I ripped Lynx’s shirt open and saw the blood stained bandages marring his beautiful abdomen. I turned towards the two men who were now glaring at me.

            “What have you done to him? Why is he still bleeding?” my voice became high pitched and sweat poured down my back. My breath came in great ragged gasps and the room became stifling. Tristan continued glaring at Lynx and the other man fell to his knee bowing before me.

            “We are sorry, our queen has been displeased with him.” A faint picture of the queen’s smooth porcelain face floated before my eyes and I shook it away. She was the reason my Lynx was hurt? I started falling and felt arms envelope me, his familiar scent of rain calmed my beast. There was a faint step on the marble and Tristan dropped down to his knee bowing as well.

            “I seem to have miscalculated and I apologize for hurting your mate. I see it is time that you and I discuss why you are here Victoria Brooks.” The queen’s musical voice floated through the room and I felt myself bristling.

            “I will be with you love, all you need to do is ask and I will be there.” I relaxed a bit as Lynx’s arms tightened around me.

            “Your majesty, I believe I should escort the wolf to your chambers, she is unpredictable and may hurt you.” I glared at Tristan and he flinched under my gaze. She laughed and put a small hand on his shoulder. He seemed to be enraptured with her very touch, and that made my wolf very jealous.

            “Easy love, she is more powerful than she looks.” I closed my eyes and inhaled shakily. The scent of blood was overwhelming; I closed my eyes and fell against Lynx. My body was covered in sweat and my throat burned.

            “My Queen, if I may make a suggestion.” His voice was deep and reminded me of rumbling thunder. I could see them, even though my eyes were closed, I could see the colors, their faces, and it was overwhelming my senses.

            “Yes Damokus what is it?” I heard the rustle of her dress and the scent of her perfume. Before her beauty enamored me, and now she repulsed me. I could see the tall man unfold his graceful frame and the scent of cat came to me again.

            “Her chevalier seems to agitate her, and she is crazed by the moon. There also seems to be another underlying problem.” He looked at my sweat soaked body and Lynx holding me protectively.

            “I see what you mean, have the healers remove the remains of the Princess’s miasma. I have taken the princess and she will publicly apologize in front of the court for her actions. What she did was an act of war and we are already at war with the wolves. Openly attacking their queen will give us a world of trouble.” I saw Tristan look at Lynx and I. There was scorn and disgust in his eyes.

            “We also have the issue with the vampires as well my queen.” They turned their attention back to me and I let out a low growl. My veins were burning, I let out another shaky breath, and my teeth were aching. What was going on with me?

            “Lynx? May I ask you something?” She was staring at us with narrowed eyes.

            “Yes Anemone you may ask me anything.” I heard the sharp intake of breath from Tristan as he glowered at Lynx.

            “You will address her as your highness. You insignificant…” Anemone smiled and raised her hand, Tristan fell silent, but I could practically hear his thoughts.

            “He has no loyalty to our court Tristan, Lynx have you marked her as yours?” Lynx’s arms tensed and stiffened around me. What was going on here? Why was she making such a big deal over this?

            “Yes, I have made the first mark on her.” His voice was quiet, my stomach clenched again at the pain in his voice.

            “Lynx” my voice was weak and he laid his face on the top of my head. His hand came up to caress the side of my face; I heard the strangled sound from Tristan and looked at him.

            “WHAT IS YOUR ISSUE?” The lights flickered and I collapsed on the floor, Lynx hissed from behind me. Tristan looked around mystified and Anemone looked pleased with herself.

            “Interesting, Damokus, have her healed and brought before me. The time grows near that we need to have her answer. The fate of her people lies solely in her hands. Lynx you will come with me and Tristan will stand guard over her with Damokus.” The queen made her way down the stairs and I glared at her.

            “I will not leave her side Anemone, I do not trust Lord Tristan with her.” I really needed to know where this animosity was coming from between the two of them. I saw Damokus roll his eyes, he was a werecat, only he was very easy on the eyes and tolerable as far as cats go.

            “Lynx, Tristan will do nothing while I am with your mate.” Lynx refused to let go of me, I believed this strange man, I saw the glowering looks from Tristan and it made my blood run cold.

            “His track record is not all that great, I trust you Damokus, and it is him I don’t trust.” I was slipping back into the fog and I needed to get answers as soon as possible. I did not trust Anemone with Lynx, and apparently, there were many distrust issues running rampant among our group.

            “It seems we have some issues on both ends. I trust Damokus, Lynx take care of yourself.” He kissed my forehead and reluctantly left me in the care of the werecat. He looked at me as he followed the queen down the stairs. I saw the self satisfied smirk on Tristan’s face as he came toward me. He reached out his slender hand towards me and I wanted answers about him before I let him near me.

            “My lady?” I rolled my eyes and curled up on the marble. Damokus came over and carried me back to the room. Tristan was left standing with his hand outstretched and a confused look on his face. Something flitted across his eyes and I did not like that possessive angry look that I saw. Right now, I just wanted to get rid of miasma and find out what was going on. I shuddered and curled closer to the warmth of Damokus.

            There was something bigger going on, and it was much bigger than anything I have had to deal with. Here I thought high school was going to be my biggest issue. Somehow, I landed myself in the middle of a fairy, werewolf, and vampire war. According to these people, I was some big key player in all this. I just wanted to get better, go back to school, and make the lives of the students miserable.

            I was even beginning to miss Dylan and that pompous jerk Michael. That was another thing I needed to figure out, what was going on with my sister and him? There were so many questions running through my brain and somehow I knew that after tonight life was not going to be normal, not that it ever was normal, I am just saying that things were less complicated before these people arrived in my life.



© 2009 Jessica Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oooh. THe plot thickens. Hot nasty and all that. Good chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2009


Author

Jessica Fox
Jessica Fox

City of Fallen Angels, NJ



About
Check out my new Booksie Site booksie site The new single Automatic by Tokio Hotel I'm on Twitter, so yeah if you want to follow me just go here to follow my Twitter Please order our new book The.. more..

Writing