Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Jessica Fox

 

        I groaned and slapped the annoying beeping object by my head. I blinked and looked around, how did I end up back in my room?  I blinked against the bright light spilling into my room and threw the alarm against the wall. My head was pounding and I felt as if I were going to vomit. My back ached and I just felt lousy all around, now how did I get back home?  I winced as my feet hit the cold boards of the floor, pain shot up my legs and I groaned again as my head throbbed.

            I heard laughing and the loud clanking of plates coming from downstairs. I groaned again as the sound made my teeth and ears hurt. I padded into the kitchen and was assaulted by the scent of bacon, eggs and male wolf. I groaned and rolled my eyes, cursed as that small movement caused everything to ache again. I saw my mother at the stove cooking, Manada and Michael chatting over orange juice and plates full of food. I leaned against the doorjamb and winced as the wood dug into my shoulder.

            “Well isn’t this just a cozy little domestic picture. What are you doing here?” I heard my mother gasp and drop the spatula she was using to stir the eggs. She turned her gaze on me and gasped again. I followed her gaze and rolled my eyes as she finally saw the tattoo and belly ring. I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at Michael. I wanted to slap that smug look off his face, and Amanda was fawning over him.

            “Victoria Memphis Brooks, what is that? And is that anyway to treat your boyfriend, why didn’t you tell me you had a boyfriend.” My eyebrows shot up into my hair and my jaw fell open. My mom was torn between looking angry, shocked, and proud. I guess she believed that little miss Amanda had a better chance at having a boyfriend. I glowered at Michael and he turned away clearing his throat. He speared absently at his eggs; my sister looked worriedly at me and went back to staring at her plate.

            “Really mother I’m surprised Amanda hasn’t told you about my piercing and tattoos, also as for him being my boyfriend HAH that’s a laugh. So I ask you again what is he doing here.” My mother shoved a plate into my hands and gestured for me to sit at the table. Michael smiled smugly at me as he patted the seat beside him. Amanda giggled as I sat down and he moved closer to me. I snarled at him and he looked back at me with mock horror, my sister giggled again. I knew how to stop that, I kicked her hard under the table, that movement hurt me but it was worth it.

            “Oww what was that for sis?” tears sprang into her eyes and I could feel Michael moving closer to me again. I saw his arm move to the back of my chair and felt his fingers running along my back. I leaned into him and inhaled, I did enjoy his scent, I stabbed my fork in his leg and he hissed. I smiled sweetly as I continued to glare at him.

            “Touch me again and you lose that arm buster.” His eyes widened and he quickly removed his arm from behind me. My mother was looking at us with raised eyebrows and I put on my innocent smile.

            “Well I would love to continue this whole warm and fuzzy thing we have going here but I have to get ready for school.” I pushed my chair back and ignored the protests from my mother and Michael.

            “Honey school is closed, I have to go to work but Michael said he could stay with you.” I stopped in the doorway and tensed, what exactly did he tell my mother?

            “I’m just sure he would love to spend the day with me mother, it isn’t going to happen. Besides I need to speak to Dylan, we have a date tonight.” I smiled as I heard the strangled sound coming from Michael. I left them to their own devices; I needed to find out about Dylan. There was only one person that could help me and I wanted to meet him on neutral ground.

            I stared out at the snow covering the streets and sighed, there was a soft knock on my door. I knew it was probably Amanda and she wanted to talk. Well I hope someone can tell me what is going on here. I was going crazy, I needed out, the walls felt like a prison and my sister knew that the moon would be calling. I touched my fingers to the icy panes and saw movement among the trees. His voice rang through my head, we wouldn’t have to meet on neutral ground, he was already here.

            “Vic can I come in please?” I knew she would come in anyways; I stared out into the trees. I know you are out there Lynx, my door opened and Amanda padded into the room. The sound of her heart was ten times louder than it needed to be. What was wrong with me? The change this time was different, everything was different, I closed my eyes and scented the air. She was scared of me, I could see her in my mind’s eye and I could see the terror on her face.

            “Why are you afraid of me Manda?” my voice was quiet, a whisper that was as cold as the glass that I touched. A fine tremor overtook my body and I clenched my hand into a fist. Her fear was causing my wolf to come forth; she wanted to take out the prey that smelled so delicious. Manda’s heartbeat picked up and she started gasping.

            “You are different this time sis, Michael can help you, I will go get him.” My lip pulled back into a snarl and I turned on her. She stared at me with wide eyes, her hand on the doorknob ready to flee. I could hear Michael coming up the stairs; he caught her scent as well. The need to hunt was overwhelming; I wanted to tear into her.

            “What is the matter sister dear? Michael cannot help me, he cannot even control himself.” I moved slowly towards her, I was stalking her now and she knew it. To run would provoke the beast even more. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, her scent was cloying with his and her fear was intoxicating.

            “Something happened out there last night you are different. You have better control than this.” She was starting to cry I moved up next to her and pinned her against the door. A cruel smile spread across my lips as I sniffed the air in front of her. She trembled and closed her eyes turning her head.

            “You said Michael would be my death and he was, so how can you trust him now?” He was right outside the door and his wolf was reacting to mine. He was torn between the need to hunt and his human instincts to save Amanda. She let out a sob and I laughed at her pathetic attempt at trying to draw my human self back from the depths.

            “I was unsure of the outcome, he can help you.” He voice was small and she was trying to escape from the confines of the door and my body.

            “Victoria, come, it is me you want.” A cold breeze blew at my back and I turned towards his voice. I snarled and ran at him, he was the one to cause all this, and he was the one that was going to give me the answers I needed.

            “You! I should tear your throat out right here!” I threw myself on him and pinned him to the floor, his lips pulled back into a smile as I pinned grabbed his wrists and held them above his head. His hair spilled out around him in a white shimmering blanket. The door opened behind me and I heard Amanda throwing herself into Michael’s arms. A little worm of jealousy crept over me as I saw him stroking her hair and comforting her.

            “I never would have taken you for the jealous type love. If you want answers get dressed and meet me outside.” I looked down and he was gone, I stared around the room and saw nothing but a few scattered flakes of snow on my floor. I growled and beat the floor in frustration, why were these men so damn elusive? I sat back on my heels and stared out the window at the steely gray sky. Fine, I will play his game, let Amanda play the victim for now and be comforted by that jerk Michael. I had bigger prey to catch.



© 2009 Jessica Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

dude i wanna know more about that lynx character. *kicks michael* jerk hot nasty and all that

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2009


Author

Jessica Fox
Jessica Fox

City of Fallen Angels, NJ



About
Check out my new Booksie Site booksie site The new single Automatic by Tokio Hotel I'm on Twitter, so yeah if you want to follow me just go here to follow my Twitter Please order our new book The.. more..

Writing