The Boy from the Streets (3)

The Boy from the Streets (3)

A Chapter by Sarah

Scarlette’s P.O.V.

            Rose is gonna be so excited when she meets Teddy-Bear! He’s so yummy! And his name is sexy… Ryker! Oh I love it!” Nicole blathered on and on while I stood perfectly still. Princess… he has a pet name for you too…

            “Wait… that’s why you came here so early! So you could see my Teddy- I mean Ryker!” I spun on my heels wagging my finger accusingly.

            “Ummm… duh! After Rose interrupted my hot stone massage to give me all the juicy deets I just had to see for myself. Especially since Rose hasn’t even met him yet.” Nicole giggled.

            “Oh Rose!” I groaned closing my eyes, “Who else did she tell?” I asked, fearing the answer.

            “Umm… Lynn, Dwight, and Maryann… I think.” Nicole replied staring at her phone. OK those three are ok to tell. I was going to tell them anyways…

            “Speaking of Rose…” Nicole continued as we started walking towards the ballroom. “You so realize that she is going to steal that boy up the moment she sees him right?” Nicole concluded and I stopped dead in my tracks. OHMIGOD Nic’s right… Rose is going to go after my *cough* I mean Ryker! Wait why do I care? I like Jayson…right?

            “Hello earth to Scarlette!” Nicole chanted thrusting her hand in my face.

            “Sorry I was thinking…”

            “About hunky Jayson?” Nicole squealed.

            “Yeah…” I lied.

            “He’s so yummy! You’re so lucky he’s interested I you!”

            “I know! Well we better go wait for the party planner!” I faked my enthusiasm, hoping that real excitement would take over soon.

'Fast Forward Two Days'

            The party was in full swing and I was on the dance floor surrounded by my friends.

            “So anything happen between you and Teddy-Bear?” Lynn asked.

            “His name is Ryker and no…” I retorted

            “He’s a major hottie!” Maryann interjected.

            “Don’t you think she’s noticed that?” Dwight interrupted our girls’ only conversation.

            “Dwight you’re such a busy body!” Nicole whined.

            “Has anyone seen Rose?” I asked looking around.

            “What afraid she’s gonna poach your man?” Maryann teased.

            “If by my man you mean Jayson then no I’m not afraid she’s poaching him.” I stated fully knowing that’s not who Maryann meant.

            “No silly I meant Ryker!” Maryann bubbled.

            “The gorgeous hunk of man meat you have staying in your guest room.” Lynn giggled.

            “Are you girls talking about me again?” Jayson Thompson towered over everyone in our group, including Dwight.

            “No-“

            “Yes! Of course we were talking about you!” I cut Nicole off and gave her the ix-nay-on-the-yker-ray look. Thankfully she understood and played along.

            “Yes we were just talking about Scarlette’s guest list and also who her best match would be.” Smooth Nicole smooth… I smiled.

            “Well I can tell you right now who her best match…” Jayson smiled and I melted... Man I love his green eyes.

            “Oh really?” the group asked in amusement.

            “Me” he stated simply. “now I’m going to go dance with my girlfriend…” Jayson said and grabbed my hand. I heard my friends laughing behind me as we walked towards the center of the dance floor.

            “Do I get any say in this?” I teased lightly.

            “No” Jayson replied and something flashed across his eyes. Then he laughed a melodic sound and we started dancing. After a few dances I realized I had forgotten about Rose and Ryker.

            “Jayson I need to go check on Rose… I’ll be right back.” I smiled and pulled away.

            “Okay baby, I’ll miss you…hurry back!” Jayson smiled and squeezed my hand. I walked away and went in search of Rose. I hope she isn’t with Ryker! The dibs rule is still in effect!

            “Hey Maryann have you seen Rose?” I asked frantically.

            “Ummm… I think I saw her over by the deejay…” Before she could ask why I needed to see her I was gone. Over flirting with the deejay was Rose and Ryker was no where in sight. Thank goodness!

            “Rose!” I called and she turned towards me. I ran over to her but wasn’t watching where I was going. Before I could react I tripped over a speaker wire. Rose screamed as she watched me fall and I braced myself to become one with the floor. But instead of hitting the ballroom floor I hit something soft. I opened my eyes and found my self face to face with my favorite pair of eyes.

            “Teddy-Bear!” I squealed in surprise.

            “Again…with the… Teddy-Bear…” He coughed, trying to get air into his lungs.

            “It’s a girl thing” I giggled.

            “Well you’ll have to explain it to me sometime.” Ryker said.

            “Okay Teddy-Bear, oh and thanks for breaking my fall… it was pretty sweet of you…” I blushed.

            “Anytime Princess but would you mind getting off of…” Ryker was cut off when I was yanked off of him.

            “What the hell are you doing with my girlfriend!?” Jayson spat, venom seeping into every word.

            “Jayson it’s ok… I tripped and he caught my fall…” I interjected as Ryker stood up.

            “Yeah dude I was just helping out a friend.” Ryker stated sticking out his hand for Jayson to shake it. “Name’s Ryker and you must be Jayson…”

            “Come on Scarlette let’s go dance…” Jayson said the anger still simmering in his eyes.

            “Okay baby…” I said quietly watching Ryker’s face fall. Jayson grasped my hand and led me away from the crowd that had gathered.

            “I don’t want you talking to Ryker again…” Jayson spat as he led me into a different section of the house.

            “That’s gonna be kinda hard since he’s living here…” I said my voice barely a whisper.

            “I don’t care you won’t talk to him!” Jayson yelled as we stopped in a barely visited wing.

            “Jayson why are we here?” I asked finally realizing that we were no where near the party.

            “So I can teach you a lesson!” He screamed and pushed me into the closest room. I tried to scream but he covered my mouth with his tie. I began to cry and fight back but I was powerless against the school’s wrestling champ.

            “Please stop Jayson…” I pleaded, tears streaming down my face.

            “Not until I teach you a lesson!” His voice broke through the darkness and scared me. I heard the ripping of fabric and then my hands were being tied up. I gave up fighting because I finally could tell that I was only going to make it worse for myself. Please let someone notice that I’m missing before something bad happens… It was my last coherent thought before Jayson thrust himself on me and I faded into darkness.


© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on November 28, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
I absolutely LOVE to write!! I love romances and cute love stories.. I am SUCH a girlygirl its not even funny... I spend entirely too much time with my best friends but that's okay because th.. more..

Writing