The Boy from the Streets (4)

The Boy from the Streets (4)

A Chapter by Sarah

Ryker’s P.O.V.

            “What the hell is that guy Jayson’s problem?” I fumed to my new friends.

            “I don’t know, that was totally rude!” Lynn agreed.

            “You were totally just trying to help Scar!” Marianne continued.

            “It was purely coincidence that she happened to land COMPLETELY on top of you!” Dwight emphasized. Actually I planned that but that information is not important.

            “Speaking of which, has anyone seen Scarlette?” Rose finally joined the conversation.

            “Not since Jayson dragged her off…” I muttered.

            “I mean I know he’s a jerk and all but that boy is HOT!” Nicole giggled. I sent her the death glare and she quieted down.

            “Nicole how can you be so insensitive?” Lynn scolded.

            “Oh look here comes Scarlette and Jayson!” Marianne cheered. I felt better seeing her but I also felt anger because Jayson had his arm around her waist.

            “Green is an ugly color on you…” Rose whispered in my ear.

            “Is it that obvious?” I whispered in return.

            “Yes!” The group nearly yelled in unison.

            “Wow” I replied and raked a hand through my hair.

            “And I suggest you get your act together because Jayson does not take well to competition.” Dwight advised. “He punched me in the stomach once for helping his ex girlfriend pick up her books in the hallway.”

            “That dude has some serious issues…” I muttered and everyone nodded in agreement.

            “Crap they’re coming closer!” Marianne whispered.

            “Does Scarlette look like she’s been crying?” Rose asked worriedly. That statement caught me off guard and I began to study Scarlette’s face. I was looking for the tell tale blotches or glassy eyes.

            “I don’t know I can’t tell…” Lynn stated as Scarlette and Jayson got even closer.

            “Her makeup looks smudged…” Marianne replied.

            “Hey Scarlette! Hey Jayson!” Dwight greeted.

            “What’s up guys?” Jayson replied a satisfied look on his face. Scarlette stood silently next to him, with his hand around her waist.

            “Hey Scarlette you okay?” I asked. She looked from me to Jayson and then answered.

            “I’m great Ryker! It’s my birthday silly!”” She giggled but her eyes had a nervous twinkle in them.

            “Well anyways…” Dwight said, “When is present time?”

            “Umm… I’ll go ask my mom…” Scarlette said and walked away.

            “Ryker can I talk to you privately?” Jayson asked. Lynn, Marianne and Dwight eyed him suspiciously. I nodded and Rose mouthed “Good Luck” Jayson led me over to a quieter section of the room.

            “What’s up Jayson?” I asked trying to play nice.

            “I want you to stay away from my girlfriend.” He stated simply.

            “That’s gonna be kinda hard since we’re living in the same house…” I joked lightly. His eyes grew fierce.

            “If you want what’s best for her you’ll stay away from her. There is no need to give her more pain then necessary…” He growled and stormed off. What the hell did he mean by ‘if you want what’s best for her’?

            “What was all that about?” Marianne asked worriedly, followed by Dwight, Rose and Lynn.

            “He told me to stay away from Scarlette.” I repeated as astonished looks rose on their faces.

            “Stay away from her? But you guys live in the same house.” Lynn said.

            “Only since three days ago… and I’m not even sure how long I’m staying…” I said, my heart sinking. Even though I really want to stay.

            “Don’t be silly Ryker! I’m positive that if you asked, the Harris’ would let you stay!” Rose said.

            “Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if they invited you to!” Dwight smiled.

            “Seriously in two days everyone seems different.” Lynn stated placing a reassuring hand on my arm.

            “Did he say anything else?” Marianne asked.

            “Well…” I paused not knowing if I should tell them about his subtle  threat. “No he just said to stay away from her.” I finished.

            “Told you he doesn’t like competition!” Dwight teased.

            “Yeah you did…” I replied half heartedly. I wish this party would be over. I need to talk to Scarlette about Jayson.

            “Hey Scarlette!” Lynn announced, a little too loudly.

            “Yeah I’m back… have any of you seen Jayson?”

            “Ummm… he walked off after we chatted.” I replied.

            “YOU TALKED TO HIM!!??” She screamed and then mumbled quietly, “I’m in for it later…”

            “Yeah we talked about you…” I said wondering if she would give any info up.

            “You, alcove, NOW!” Scarlette screeched and grabbed me by the collar, dragging me to the alcove.

            “Scarlette what is going on?” I asked as we settled into the cushioned alcove, shielded from the noise of the party.

            “It’s about Jayson, me…and you.” She smiled weakly and my heart fell. This is not going to be good.


© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on November 28, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
I absolutely LOVE to write!! I love romances and cute love stories.. I am SUCH a girlygirl its not even funny... I spend entirely too much time with my best friends but that's okay because th.. more..

Writing