The Boy from the Streets (7)

The Boy from the Streets (7)

A Chapter by Sarah

Ryker’s P.O.V.

            What was I thinking? Going to her parents and saying that she should still get married next year was a stupid mistake. It’s my fault that she had to be brought to this bleak hospital. She’s going to hate me. Scarlette had woken up minutes after going down but her parents insisted that she come to the hospital to get checked out. Scarlette threw a fit and Jayson looked slightly panicked when Mrs. Harris suggested the hospital trip. Scarlette had finally given in when she tried to stand and fell right into Jayson’s arms. He seemed pleased with this and she just seemed unsettled.

            While waiting outside with Lynn, Nicole, Rose, Marianne and Dwight I saw two things. First I saw two teenagers walk in. They were obviously in love and seemed so carefree. The second was that Scarlette had so many people who cared about her. Myself included. Jayson had come and gone to the hospital and her parents were in Scarlette’s room talking to her.

            “Ryker” Mrs. Harris interrupted my thoughts.

            “Yes?”

            “Scarlette wants to see you…” I nodded and looked around.

            “Where did everyone go?”

            “Honey they left. Visiting hours are almost over.”

            “Oh well I guess I’ll go see Scarlette.”

            “Keep it short, the doctors found a break in her wrist so she has to get it set.” I nodded slowly. She didn’t hurt her wrist when she fell… I reached Scarlette’s room and knocked.

            “Come in” Scarlette replied.

            “Hey Princess I heard you hurt your wrist.”

            “Yeah pretty stupid of me huh?”

            “No, it’s not your fault. I should’ve been there to catch you.” I replied reaching the bedside.

            “Ryker you can’t always be there to catch me…” She placed a hand on mine. “Especially now that I’m going to be Mrs. Jayson Thompson Jr.” I looked into her eyes and saw sadness but mostly fear.

            “Why? Why did you say yes?” I asked quietly.

            “I had to Ryker…My parents, they want this for me. And the Nottingham’s they’ve been through so much and they’ve finally gotten over Ryker running away. I can’t bring myself to hurt them again.” Scarlette turned slightly away from me.

            “Hurt them again?” I asked feeling my heart drop.

            “Ryker was supposed to marry me. He found out he was being forced to marry me and he ran away! We were so close as little kids and then suddenly nothing.” Scarlette’s eyes were dripping with tears. My heart fell into my stomach. She blames herself for me running away.

            “Scarlette that can’t possibly be true! I didn’t mean for you to blame yourself.”

            “You?” She asked quizzically.

            “I mean he… Ryker’s leaving had nothing to do with you. He only wanted to escape from the high life, to not be tied down.” I quickly re-answered. You’re slipping!

No I’m not!!
            “How do you know? You’ve never met him!” She sniffled and I wiped away some tears.

            “True but I know you and I know the type of guy Ryker Nottingham was. I also know that he never should have left you in the predicament you’re stuck in.” I shifted and sat on the edge of the bed. I reached out and pulled Scarlette into a hug.

            “Ryker… I can’t be seen with you…” Her muffled voice rang in my mind.

            “Why? Because of Jayson? We can’t just ignore each other the whole time… or is this forever?”

            “Jayson is my fiancé, I have to listen to him and who knows how long you’ll be here, so yes it’s forever.” Scarlette pulled out of the hug and composed herself.

            “Is that why you wanted to talk? For a final goodbye? That isn’t fair.”

            “I know we’ve only known each other a few days but It feels like I have know you forever.” We have…

            “Well than can we have our first and last kiss?” Her eyes grew wide with surprise and I smirked.



© 2010 Sarah


Author's Note

Sarah
here you go hope you like it... typing is taking forever so ill do my best to work quickly...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i cant wait to read more! its so suspenseful without it being all action and no plot. you are really doing an excellent job, this is my favorite story on writers cafe.
--inside unknown

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on December 6, 2010
Last Updated on December 6, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
I absolutely LOVE to write!! I love romances and cute love stories.. I am SUCH a girlygirl its not even funny... I spend entirely too much time with my best friends but that's okay because th.. more..

Writing