The Boy from the Streets (5)

The Boy from the Streets (5)

A Chapter by Sarah

Violet Harris’s P.O.V.

            “Oh Michelle! Charles! Scarlette is going to be so excited that you could make it!” I smiled genuinely. I hadn’t seen my best friend since last winter when she went through a difficult pregnancy. She lost the baby which added to her heartbreak.  Michelle and Charles’s only son, Ryker Mason Nottingham, ran away three years ago after we told him of the arranged marriage. He was to marry Scarlette when she turned sixteen or by the time he turned twenty. Ryker didn’t take to the idea and took off. Michelle searched for him for two years but finally gave up.

            “Speaking of the birthday girl, where is she?” Michelle asked, all smiles.

            “I think I just saw her walk towards the alcove a boy in tow.” Don’t say Ryker she might flip, even though I do have my suspicions about him. Ryker is too uncommon a name for him to not be Ryker Nottingham.

            “Ohh? The alcove? Don’t think I don’t remember what you and Cole did in that alcove all those years ago.” She smiled slyly.

            “Not like that Michelle, it’s one of her friends. She seemed angry with him.” Very angry.

            “Well let’s go investigate shall we?” Michelle giggled and there was no way I could deny her, even if I risk her seeing Ryker.

            “Okay” I sighed and we walked over.

            “Don’t you Teddy Bear me Princess!” Jayson is doing something and you won’t tell me!” Ryker whispered angrily as we got closer.

            “Will you drop it? My mother and her friend are coming over here so just smile!” Scarlette whispered back and plastered a smile on her face. I had to stop myself from giggling as I watched the whole exchange.

            “Hey birthday girl!” Michelle called, her arms open for a hug.

            “Michelle!” She squealed and enveloped herself in the hug.

            “Who is this strapping you fellow?” Michelle asked jerking her head towards Ryker.

            “Ummm…this is…” Scarlette shot me a nervous look. She knew how much it would upset Michelle if she introduced Ryker as well…Ryker.

            “Scarlette doesn’t know my real name miss… She has called me Teddy-Bear since we first met…” Ryker interrupted before Scarlette could answer.

            “Yeah” Scarlette agreed enthusiastically. Weird he would have to either know what happened or really care for Michelle to answer like that. I silently thought. I also secretly thought hoped it was the second.

            “Oh so he’s your Teddy Bear!” Michelle giggled and winked.

            “Michelle! He’s not my boyfriend… he’s just a good friend who is staying with us.” Scarlette blushed profusely.

            “Well then if this cute young thing isn’t yours then who is?” Michelle asked, winking again. Ryker, oddly, seemed to get angry at the mention of Jayson.

            “Jayson Thompson” Scarlette replied quietly.

            “Oh he is such a sweetheart! You’re such a lucky girl!” Michelle cooed and Ryker seemed to tense up even more.

            “Yes I am…” My daughter smiled sweetly. Something wasn’t right though, her smile seemed fake, and Ryker was standing stiffly at her side.

            “Come on Violet let’s leave these two alone.” Michelle turned to me and wiggled her eyebrows.

            “Alright, bye you two!” I said and hugged Scarlette. Michelle walked in front of me and I followed. I turned around to wave and saw Scarlette sigh deeply, and watched the color return to Ryker’s cheeks. What peculiar behavior for them? What is going on around here?



© 2010 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on November 28, 2010
Last Updated on November 28, 2010


Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
I absolutely LOVE to write!! I love romances and cute love stories.. I am SUCH a girlygirl its not even funny... I spend entirely too much time with my best friends but that's okay because th.. more..

Writing