The Boy from the Streets (8)

The Boy from the Streets (8)

A Chapter by Sarah

Scarlette’s P.O.V

            “Well then can we have our first and last kiss?” Those fateful words fell from his sweetly curved lips and my heart started racing. My heart was screaming Kiss him!

You can’t! Why not? Jayson! That’s WHY! But I want to! Don’t do it! My brain overpowered my heart and I raised my eyes to meet his.

            “Ryker I’m engaged… I~” Ryker didn’t let me finish. His hands cupped my face and pulled me to him. Jayson isn’t going to be happy the voice in my head taunted.

I know but I deserve to be happy this once before I marry Jayson. My heart screamed in retort. As my lips met Ryker’s all cynical thoughts disappeared.

            My breathing slowed and my eyes slowly closed in reaction. I reached my hand s around his neck and time seemed to stop altogether. I had heard that there could be sparks when you kissed someone but I was not at all prepared for the fireworks and electricity that overwhelmed me. I didn’t want my last free moment to end but soon Ryker was pulling away. My eyes fluttered open and I saw his dark expression.

            “What? Was it that bad?” My heart sank. Did he not feel what I did? Is that even possible?

            “It’s just…” Ryker raked a hand through his fluffy blonde hair.

            “Just what?!” I felt a pit forming in my stomach.

            “Well I didn’t feel anything…” He replied looking away from me.

            “GET OUT!”

            “What?” He turned, surprised.

            “Get out! I just put my future on the line and all you can say after those fireworks is that you didn’t feel anything?!” I asked incredulously. “Get out” I whispered and turned away from him.

            “Scarlette…” He said cautiously.

            “Leave Ryker” I repeated.

            “Princess…” his voice sounded strange and I was slowly falling apart.

            “I said go!” I shouted once more and then I heard the door softly close. As soon as I was greeted with silence I broke down sobbing. How could he? Told you so! You said Jayson would get mad not that Ryker would break my heart in a matter of seconds! You should have known! How could I? I’m not exactly skilled in the section of expertise. Regardless… Tears were streaming down my face when I heard a knock on the door.

            “Scarlette” Crap! It’s Jayson! I quickly wiped my tears and hoped I wasn’t blotchy.

            “Come in” I replied softly, Jayson opened the door and stepped inside.

            “Hey babe I came to tell you that they’re ready to put on your cast.” Jayson was acting sweet and caring and I enjoyed the change.

            “Thanks Jayson, could you take me where I need to go?”

            “Sure thing darling” Jayson reached his hand forward and I took it cautiously.

            “Thanks so much…” I replied keeping the mood light.

            “I saw Ryker come out of your room earlier… What was that all about?!” The last part was harsher and his tone caught me off guard.

            “Jayson I was just telling him goodbye, that I couldn’t see him anymore.” I tried to explain calmly. He wouldn’t hit me in the middle of a hospital…right?

            “Now why don’t I believe you?” He asked his voice grating my ears.

            “I swear Jayson! Nothing happened! He came to check on me, I said we couldn’t be friends anymore!” I pleaded as he raised his hand above his head. Oh God!! My cheek stung from the hit but I made no sound. Making a sound would only fare worse for me.

            “That had better be all that it was if you know what’s good for you!” Jayson snarled and I nodded in response. “Here we are babe, I’ll be waiting right here while you get your cast on.” Jayson smirked letting me know that he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. How does he do that? What? Go from being violent and angry to sweet and loving? Maybe it’s in his genes? I hope not. I don’t want my future children to be monsters. I sighed internally and walked into the new hospital room.

            “Hello you must be Scarlette Harris right?” The older woman nurse asked sweetly.

            “Yes ma’am” I replied quietly.

            “If you’ll sit here dearie we’ll have your cast on in a jiffy.” I nodded secretly hoping they would take a really long time. Anytime away from Jayson when he wasn’t prowling was good time. A half hour later, much faster than I had hoped, my arm was casted in plaster and pink tape stuff.

            “There you go dear” The sweet old nurse said and led me to the door.

            “Thank you” I replied and walked out. Jayson was there in a waiting chair, staring at the door of the room I was just in.

            “Oh good Scar, you’re done. Now we can go back to your house.” Jayson grabbed my hand and winked. Not again…

            “Well then we better get going…” I plastered a fake smile on my face. Jayson seemed satisfied with my reaction and led me out of the hospital.

            “I already grabbed your bag and your parents called and said that since I was taking care of you, they were going out with friends. So that means that we have the entire house to ourselves…” Jayson wiggled his eyebrows and I smiled. All alone except for Ryker. “Oh and they said that Ryker left for awhile so I don’t need to punish you for talking to him since it seems that you chased him off.” Ryker is gone? All my fault…again!

            “Did they mention how long Ryker would be gone?” I asked nonchalantly.

            “Who knows and who care!” Jayson chuckled never taking his eyes off the road.

            “Oh okay” I tried to sound indifferent but inside my heart was breaking.

You idiot!

What are you talking about?

You fell in love with the homeless boy!

Impossible! I’ve only known him for less than a week!

But it feels like you’ve known him forever…doesn’t it?

Yes but what does that have to do with me falling in love with him in a matter of what? Four days?

That’s just how love is… they don’t call it head over heels for nothing…

So you’re saying that love is this crazy thing that in a matter of days knocks you off your feet, turns you world upside down and makes you feel things you’ve never felt before?

Pretty much

Not that it matters now. He’s gone and I’m marrying Jayson.

Quitter!

Shut up!

            “Scarlette what are you staring at?” Jayson screamed, fuming that I was paying attention to him.

            “I’m sorry babe, I’m tired and I dazed…” I smiled sweetly, hoping he would let me off the hook.

            “Well you had better wake up because we’re almost home and you know our plans when we get there.” He smiled maliciously and I felt sick There was no use in fighting him so I just went along with the plan. When the car pulled into the driveway of my massive house, my body tensed, sensing what was coming next. Jayson jerked his head to the row of windows I knew belonged to my bedroom.

            “Why don’t I go set up while you get into something better suited for our activities.” Jayson said those words with such ownership that it sent shivers up my spine. As we neared my room I stepped into my bathroom and undressed. I was still wearing my lacy black strapless bra from two days ago. My first thought as I reached the door handle was Ryker saw me in this…maybe if I open the door it’ll be him and not Jayson standing there waiting for me. Sadly, as I turned the handle and opened to find the one and only Jayson standing there shirtless with only his boxers on. He smiled triumphantly when I slipped my hand into his and followed him to my room. MY ROOM! HE WAS DOING THESE TERRIBLE THINGS TO ME IN MY ROOM! Jayson directed me to my bed and I laid down and prepared for the worst.

            “Tell me you love me Scarlette!” Jayson ordered.

            “I love you Jayson” I replied with as much emotion as I could. Jayson smoothed his hands over me and just before he slipped inside and I had to change for hi I internally sobbed. Ryker…Why did you have to leave me with a broken heat? Why did you leave me here with this monster who does these terrible things to me? How could you?


© 2011 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

Sarah
Sarah

About
I absolutely LOVE to write!! I love romances and cute love stories.. I am SUCH a girlygirl its not even funny... I spend entirely too much time with my best friends but that's okay because th.. more..

Writing