Chapter Thirty-Five: Breaking Down Walls

Chapter Thirty-Five: Breaking Down Walls

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Ed..."

 

I opened my eyes to see nothing but a land of pure light. In front of me stood a large gate. It's doors were massive, and I felt sweat drip down my face. "This...this is...." I mumbled, the horrid memory rushing back to me.

 

Remember how I tried to bring Mother back? Well, when I was losing my arm and leg, I got transported to this exact same location. I was only a boy then, and the Gate sucked me in with it's black hands and poured all the world's knowledge inside my head. Of course, I've made some really dumb descisions, so obviously I remember none of it. Now I was back, and I knew I didn't want to be.

 

"Ed...you're here again?"

 

I looked up, memorizing the logo on the Gate's doors. I gulped, my knees shaking. "Um, yeah...I am..." I said in a weak voice. The Gate's doors slowly started creaking open, and I could hear the moans of lost souls. "No..." I begged, still on my knees, "...please don't make me go back in there! I beg you!" The Gate didn't answer, only opening it's doors wider. Finally, the Gate was completely open, and those same black hands poured out. I stood up, screaming and trying to run away. Before I could go very far, a hand grabbed my AutoMail ankle and made me fall. My face hit the ground, and I was being dragged in. "NO!! Don't make me go in there!! I don't want to go back!! Let me go!!" I shouted, but the Gate didn't care. It dragged me up it's stairs, my head bouncing. Finally, I was sucked inside the black, the doors closing. "NOOOO!!!"

 

Soon, I was being passed along the Gate by the hands. I struggled to get them off, but 2 would fall and 4 more would grab me. "Let me go!!! I need to get back!! My brother!!" I shouted, frantic. I waved my arms around, trying to break free. But sadly, the arms held me down too hard.

 

I was sure I was going to die.

 

Just as I was about to give up and let the arms kill me, I saw a bright flash of light. "What's that?" I asked outloud, and as expected I got no answer. The light got brighter and brighter, and soon I was thrown into it. I screamed, the feeling of falling crawling all over me. I closed my eyes, too scared to see what was happening.

 

"Break free from the hands that tie you down, Ed. If you do that, the truth hidden behind the mirror with reveal itself."

 

"Why won't you tell me what that--"



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ugh... cliffhanger!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Cliffhanger!!!!!!! >_

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing