Chapter Fourty-Two: Here Again

Chapter Fourty-Two: Here Again

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Wow, I'm just not getting enough of you am I?"

"Aw shut up."

 

I was back in the Gate's corridors, the hands passing me along again. Good news: I was new Edward again, decked out in leather and everything. Bad news: I was seperated from Koda...AGAIN! "This is just not fair," I spoke, and I could hear a soft laugh. "Yeah, Ed. Life's not fair. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out yet."

 

"Well, maybe I'm just stupid," I rebuffed.

"Obviously. You keep getting yourself killed."

"I'm a magnet."

 

I grunted, accepting my folly. Welp, looks like I'm gonna live out the rest of my pitiful life in here. I sighed, upset that I couldn't keep my promise to Al. I wanted, so badly, to find the Philosopher's Stone. He NEEDED his body back. He lost out on a normal life because I was such a big "Momma's Boy". I wish I could've had that chance to find it and make it all better.

 

"Brother..."

 

I looked up. Aw man, now I was so crazy that I could still hear his voice. I hung my head in shame.

 

"Brother!!"

 

Wait, THAT wasn't in my mind was it?? Just as I was contemplating this, I was thrown back into that plain of white. I skid to a stop on my face. "Ouch," I said as I sat up. I looked up, and my eyes went wide.

 

Al was here!!

 

"Al?" I whispered, and he put his hand on my face. "Brother, I can only do so much. It looks like you have to reside behind the mirror. But don't worry. I promise I'll come back for you," he said. Suddenly, his armor started falling apart. Under it, flesh was revealed. The more fell off, the more I could see the person underneath.

 

And boy, I was sure surprised.

 

Al was underneath--his human self. He smiled, and I could only gape in his presence. Suddenly, he began to shrink.

 

Shrink...shrink...shrink...

 

He was now his old self as a 10 year old. He smiled. "I love you Brother," he said. I smiled weakly, my arms shaking. "I love you too, Al. I'm sorry," I apologized. He smiled one more time before he faded away. I felt tears stinging my eyes, and I let them fall. Soon, the Gate opened up and pulled me inside. I didn't even fight it anymore.

 

"Break free from the hands that tie you down, Ed. If you do that, the truth hidden behind the mirror with reveal itself."

"Yeah yeah."

 

Suddenly, I had that same falling sensation I had when I entered Edmond's body. My eyes widened. "Where am I going?" I asked. I got not reply.

 

Suddenly, my shirt began to glow. So were my pants. And shoes too! They glowed so bright that I covered my eyes. My shirt morphed from a broken collared long sleeve to a collared white long sleeve. A brown coat hung itself on my shoulders. My pants went from black leather to brown trousers. My shoes went from boots to black work shoes. My braid undid itself and went into a ponytail. My AutoMail was no longer AutoMail--they were cheap limbs covered up in fake rubber skin. To top it all off, a green vest popped up on my chest.

 

"Now go Ed. Go and break free. Discover the truth."



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

MUST. READ. NEXT. CHAPTER!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lol interesting how he got the new clothes! =P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing