Chapter Forty: I'm So Hot Right Now (No Really, It's Hot Under These Boards)

Chapter Forty: I'm So Hot Right Now (No Really, It's Hot Under These Boards)

A Chapter by Emunah June.

So, now that you all know me, you should know that forever is too long for my taste.

 

Apparently, it was too long for Noah as well. "It can't be forever!" she shouted. I nodded. "There has to be a way. Alchemy exists everywhere. Maybe in this world, it's just untapped," I explained, happy for sounding so smart. "We can do something. Equivalent Exchange, after all," I spoke again, and Noah appeared to be happy. Hohenheim shook his head. "Even if alchemy resides secretly in this world, you couldn't use Equivalent Exchange. Do you know why? Because it doesn't exist," Hohenheim explained, turned around to face us once more.

 

Oh, here came the anger again! Hey buddy, I thought I lost you!

 

"You're sounding just like Dante! Cut it out!" I screamed, and Hohenheim turned around again. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go," he said softly, and with that he walked away and down another forest path. He walked down a bunch of stone steps, and thats when I began to trail him. "No! Wait! I'm not done with you yet!" I cried, running after him. He turned around as soon as I went down the steps, and he did something awkward.

 

He hugged me.

 

I didn't know what to say. I was angry, because he felt like he had the right to play Daddy after all this time. But then again, I was happy because I had a father again. "I love you, Ed. Don't you ever doubt that," he said, and with that he let go and walked away. I stared, blushing and totally unaware that there was a burning house behind me.

 

However, it introduced itself to me.

 

The planks from the burning house fell on me, and I screamed. Fire was seeping all over my body, and I knew I didn't have much time. I struggled, trying to push the wood off. "Help me!!" I shouted.

 

"Are you okay?! Let me help you!"

 

A voice came from nearby. Oh thank God! I soon saw that it was Noah, who must have been hanging around nearby. "Edmond! Oh my gosh! Um...okay, grab my hand!" she said, holding out her shaky hand. I shook my head. "No.....I need....I know how to get free...." I whispered, blood dripping down my face.

 

Woohoo! Hooray for mystery cuts!

 

Naturally, I did the only thing I knew how to do: alchemy. I brought my hands weakly in front of me and clapped them together. Sadly, Hohen--Dad was right. Nothing was happening. "Alchemy!" Noah shouted so suddenly that I jumped. I looked at her, happy that I wasn't alone on the topic (then again, she did bring it up with Dad). "Noah? You know of....." I began, but then stopped because A) I already knew she knew and B) I was wincing. "Don't you remember what Hohenheim said? Alchemy doesn't work on this side of the Gate! That's not going to do anything!" she explained in a shaky tone. "It may! Maybe he's been too stupid to try! Quick, Noah, draw a Transmutation Circle on the ground near my hands! Maybe that's what I need!" I shouted, not wanting to give up. Noah picked up a stick and stared at it stupidly. "But....but.....Ed never used a Transmutation Circle! How am I supposed to know what one is?" she said, obviously scared. I winced, then took in a large amount of breath. Okay, this was getting kind of annoying.

 

"Well, then try---wait, did you say Ed never used a Transmutation Circle?" I asked.

 

Noah nodded quickly."Yeah! I've only seen him use alchemy once! Twice, if you count the time he tried to save me. But he's only used it in the backyard of Winry's house! He never used a Transmutation Circle! He just clapped his hands together!" Noah shouted, and that's when the pieces slowly started coming together.

 

Noah said that she had only been here for a few hours. She must have appeared around the time Koda died. And she knew of me. Plus the alchemic feat in the backyard...no mistake.

 

Koda was inside Noah's body.

 

A hot wooden board fell onto my legs and I screamed. Noah looked horrified. "I'm sorry Edmond! I'll help you!" she shouted, and I smiled weakly.

 

"Hey, I have an idea. How about you stop calling me Edmond and call me by my real name: Edward Elric, okay?"



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Once again... : BUM BUM BUMMMMM!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I must keep reading!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing