Chapter Fourty-Three: I Love You

Chapter Fourty-Three: I Love You

A Chapter by Emunah June.

"Sir?! Sir are you okay?!"

 

The taste of dirt in my mouth was heavy as I heard someone calling me. My eyes creaked open. I saw a clear blue sky and a man looking over me.

 

That man was Alfons!

 

"Nmmhmm..." I mumbled, unable to form a full sentence. Alfons looked horribly worried. "Do you need medical attention?" he asked. I sat up, rubbing my head. "No...I'm fine. I just...haven't drinken enough water. Must have been dehydrated," I lied, and Alfons seemed to have bought it. "What's your name?" he asked, "I haven't seen you around before." I looked at him, debating if I should lie or not.

 

"My name is Edward. Edward Elric. Yours?"

"Alfons. Alfons Heiderich. You an American?"

"Um...a what?"

 

Alfons laughed. "Well, you must be feeling better already! Come with me, we can get you some water."

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

I walked with him through the town. The one that had been blown apart the night before. Houses were nothing but piles of ash on the ground. "Wow," I said outloud, "seems like we survived by the skin of our teeth." At this Alfons turned around. "Oh, so you were here last night? Hmm...you just move in?" he asked. I nodded slowly. "I saw you last night, with a boy and a girl. Where are they?" I asked. Alfons' face sagged. "Oh, Noah and Edmond? Well, Edmond was crushed to death by a burning building. Noah was convicted of his death and was executed."

 

I froze.

 

So Koda died...again?! Well, if she was anything like me, she was somewhere else, trying to figure out what the heck just happened. I clentched my fists. "Oh. Well, that's sad."

 

"Yeah. But, whatever. Can't dwell on the past. C'mon, restoration camp is over here!"

 

We walked back up to the hill where Koda, Dad, and I had been the night before. Tents were scattered everywhere. People with empty faces sat on the ground, eating soup and drinking dirty looking water. Alfons handed me a glass. "I know it's not great, but it'll help you rehydrate," he said. I looked at it, then held my nose as I chugged it down.

 

Eww.

 

Alfons laughed. "It's not THAT bad!" he said inbetween laughs. I shuddered. "I beg to differ," I said, handing him the empty cup. He smirked. "So who do you live with?"

At this, I decided I HAD to lie. "Um...my, uh brother. But he died. Oh, and my girlfriend. She ran off with some other guy," I said, pretending to sound sad. At the word "girlfriend", I flashed back to the moment I hugged Koda. That was the most romantic I'd ever be able to get with her.

 

And I was sad about that.

 

"Oh. Well, if you need a place to stay, you can bunk with me," Alfons offered. I looked up at him, and he smiled. "Really? You'd open up your door to me? But I'm just a stranger!" I protested, surprised at his kindness. Alfons nodded. "Sure. Why not? In times like this, we need each other."

 

I was stunned. I hadn't seen kindness like this since Koda gave me her jacket. I smiled, tears stinging my eyes. "Wow. Thanks. I'd like that," I said. Alfons smiled. "Great!" he said, shaking my hand.

 

As he went to his (now our) tent, I reached into my pocket.

 

Where's her locket? Where's--oh yeah. It's in my pocketwatch. In Amestris. Shoot.

 

I walked into our new tent, unsure of what was going to happen next. The past days had been nothing but a roller coaster ride, and I wanted to get off. I mentally reviewed everything that had happened in that short amount of time:

I had visited home.

 

I dealt with slimebag Yoki and was dubbed a hero.

 

I scored off against Envy in the clock shop and lost--horribly.

 

I took a shower for the first time in awhile.

 

I scored off with Envy in the rain and lost--again.

 

Koda gave me her jacket in the pouring rain.

 

I got an AutoMail repair.

 

I admitted that Koda was the only girl I wanted to love.

 

I died.

 

I came back to life.

 

I died again.

 

I came back to life again.

 

Now I'm living with my brother's look alike in some weirdo land called Germany.

It was strange, how I thought I was always going to be on top of the world. I thought that I'd always be world-renowed State Alchemist Edward Elric. I thought that I'd always have money, a roof over my head, and a baby brother to take care of. I lost everything.

 

But I also gained too, in a sense.

 

I gained a new chance to experience new things. I gained a new life to start anew, even if my arm and leg were still missing. I was starting to believe that there really was a God, and He really was watching over me.

 

I guess I owe You a thanks. So...uh....thanks.

 

It was funny, how in one night I went from being famous to being some homeless guy. But whatever. I was given the basics again. I had a no where to live (except a cramped tent). I had a brother (?), and a missing arm and leg. I smiled, laughing. It's funny how I went on the biggest adventure of my life.

 

"I'm gonna go take a walk," I told Alfons. He nodded, and I walked out into the world. Ready to go "break free from the hands that tied me down". I smiled, looking at the bright sun. It's funny how my life changed so drastically in just 12 days.

 

And it was all kickstarted with a locket.

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

 

Reverse

~The Locket Chronicles~

[End]



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahhhh... I love these books :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


KODA!!! You must make the 2nd book in Edward's point of view!!! It might be more work, but still!!! I can't wait for Reverse 4 to be finished as well.

I love this fan fic series of yours! I would love to read them again, once they're all finished.

Keevan OUT!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww, what do you mean [End]?! Already?
A few typos/grammatical errors aside, I loved this book. I mean, excellent excellent job on this. The twists, the turns, the action, the romance, the humor, the STORY! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..