Chapter Fourty-One: Sweet Reunion

Chapter Fourty-One: Sweet Reunion

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Noah's eyes went big, just like I thought they would.

 

"Edward.....Elric?" she repeated, and I nodded. Her dirty hand grabbed mine and she began to pull as hard as she could. It hurt, so naturally I screamed. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" she said, pulling even harder. I looked up at her, my eyes slit. "Maybe you should try something else!" I suggested, my legs on fire. "Oh, curt remarks already?! Yeah, good to see you too, Ed!" Noah shouted as she pulled even harder. I felt like slapping my forehead. "There's too many pieces of wood! Try pulling them off!" I exclaimed. She nodded, then reached for one of the planks.

 

Fire=Hot. Hot fire=NoahKoda getting her hand burned. Woah. Dejavu.

 

"Ow! That's not going to work Ed. Let's try something else," she suggested, shaking her steamy hand. "I don't think there is anything else!" I shouted, losing hope of ever getting out of here. She grabbed my hand one more time. "I'm going to pull you as hard as I can! Try to push yourself out as I pull okay?" she suggested, and I nodded quickly. I placed my hand on the ground, ready to push myself out on her signal. "Noah...I mean, Koda, I'm lightheaded from bloodloss and I can't move very well," I answered a second later. Koda nodded, her unfamiliar eyes curious as she looked at me. "How did you know it was me?" she asked. I smiled, happy to hear her ignorance again. "No else panics like you. Now hurry!" I commanded, and Koda nodded. She pulled, and of course I screamed like a baby. Soon, thankfully, my legs were pried free, and I no longer stuck under the burning embers. "I'm out! Thank you so much Koda!" I thanked, brushing myself off. She smiled happily. "I'm glad you're okay! I really am!" she said happily.

 

I could say the same thing. But I've talked enough. Let my actions do the talking.

 

I smiled as I grabbed Koda and pulled her close to me, hugging her. I was so glad to have her here with me again. I thought I had lost her forever. Sure, she was in the body of a stranger, but who cared? The soul was the same, and that's all I was looking for. "I'm so glad you made through the Gate okay," I whispered, holding her just a smidge tighter.

 

And miraculously, she hugged me back.

 

I tried to savor the moment, not wanting to let her go. But sadly, I had to. I let go and she followed suit. "Let's get out of here. Allright?" I said, trying to keep my voice low. She nodded, obviously still reeling from my rash actions.

 

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

 

Hey readers, wanna know a cruel fact? Any happy moment in my life is crushed by a sad moment. It's been proven before, and it's been proven now. Again. "Crushed" being the key word here.

 

I didn't even have time to turn around when the burning building decided it wasn't done with me. I looked up, only to see a whole house falling on me.

 

Oh. My. G--

 

I didn't have time to think about anything else.



© 2010 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow... you have lots of "BUM BUM BUMMMM!" ending don't you? :D :P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing