Chapter Thirty-Eight: Guess How Much I Hate You

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Guess How Much I Hate You

A Chapter by Emunah June.

We ran for a short amount of time before Noah stopped at a house completely swallowed by flame. "Hohenheim! Hohenheim! Are you in there?" Noah cried, probably hoping for an answer. She looked absolutely upset.

 

A look I had seen in Koda's eyes many times.

 

In order to cheer her up, I said "Maybe he made it out already." Noah sighed, then turned around and looked at me and Alfons.

 

Something in her eyes changed.

 

She scanned over us, an overwhelming guilty look washing over her. Alfons and I noticed it around the same time and gave each other a nod. "Noah! What's wrong?" he called, and Noah's eyes seemed to return back to normal. "Huh? Oh! Nothing. Just thinking of some people is all," she said solemnly. I tensed up. "Are they stuck in the fire? Should we go save them?" I asked, ready to start running again if need be.

 

"No. They're already dead. There's no saving them. Not anymore."

 

Her eyes re-obtained that look of sadness, and my heart went out to her. I knew how it felt, to lose somebody you love. To have them die when there was chance of saving them.

 

I knew it all too well.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

 

We ran again (this is the most excersise I've done in my WHOLE LIFE), passing by dead bodies and flaming buildings. The city smelled of blood. It was a smell that made me sick. More explosions. More smoke. Noah's breath got choppy at one point, and I wondered if it was all the smoke passing through. "Noah! Are you okay? Noah!" Alfons called as he trailed behind me. "I'll be fine! Let's just get out of here!" Noah said, speeding up. I looked at Alfons, and we both mentally agreed that she was lying. But that's women for ya.

 

Eventually, we hit an upforest path that lead out of the city. We scurried up the hil and reunited with a group of survivors huddled together on a nearby hill. They seemed to be watching helplessly as their homes succame to the flames. "Thank you Edmond and Noah! For everything!" Alfons called as he departed from Noah and I and ran to a group of friends.

 

And then there were two.

 

"Hohenheim!" Noah cried, and I paid attention. So here was the guy we risked our lives trying to save! Good to see he was okay! An older man turned around, and when his eyes fell on me, he looked breathless.

 

And so was I.

 

I grit my teeth. So it WAS who I thought it was! "Oh...so you meant this Hohenheim! I wouldn't have come if I knew," I said, passing Noah a look before I walked up to Hohenheim.

 

"Hello, son. Nice to see you're okay."

 

Oh, so he remembered me? Nice to know, Dad.

 

Nice to know.



© 2010 Emunah June.


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hoenheim.... Edward... AWKWARD!

Posted 13 Years Ago


GAH! WHY DIDNT HOENHEIM BURN?!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

312 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on August 10, 2010

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..