Chapter Thirty-Seven: Familiar Faces

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Familiar Faces

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Noah and I ran along the burning city streets as I took this new world in.

 

This place was unlike Amestris. The houses were styled differently, the streets looked different, and..well...it was just all around unfamiliar.

 

"Why is everything blowing up?" I asked, trying to keep up with Noah (who was a very good runner). "I have no clue. I only arrived on this side a couple of hours ago! I don't know everything!" she shouted over her shoulder before looking ahead of her.

 

But then I got my answer 5 seconds later.

 

I heard a high whistling noise up above me, and I stopped running to look. "Edmond! Edmond duck!" Noah cried before she came over and pushed me to the ground.

My eyes went wide, and not just because I was pushed.

 

Even as the land around me was rocked with an explosion, I wasn't paying any attention. I had just relived my final moment with Koda before she...before she...

 

Noah stood up as I snapped out of my trance. We continued to run, and we both looked up to see odd looking machines in the sky. They had a slim base, large wings, and a rutter that kept them in the air. It was unlike anything I had ever seen before. "What are those things?!" Noah shouted, pointing to them. I knew that this was no time to be fantasizing. "I don't know! Let's keep going!" I insisted, and Noah seemed to agree as we continued to run. We hadn't run for long before I heard another voice calling someone's name.

 

"Noah!"

 

Hey! I knew a Noah! "Yeah Edmond? What is it?" Noah asked, turning around and looking at me. I shook my head.

 

"I didn't say anything."

"Noah! Over here!"

 

We both turned to the left and saw a figure behind the smoke waving frantically. "Come over here Noah! Over here!" the person shouted just as another loud explosion rang in my ears. "Edmond! Look! That might be Hohenheim!" she said gleefully. I nodded, ignoring the tingle that ran down my spine. We ran up to the person, and Noah looked dissapointed.

 

It was boy, maybe around my age. He had light short blonde hair with sparkling blue eyes and pale skin. His face was covered with soot and ash, and I figured it was from the fires. But that wasn't what bothered me.

 

He looked like Alphonse. Like, really looked like Alphonse.

 

Well, yeah, Al is stuck in armor, but this boy was the spitting image of what he would have looked like if he grew up. I stared in disbelief. I felt like I was back in time for a split second.

 

"Alfons! What's up?" Noah said, and that's when my eyes got wide. Wow! Same name even! Uncanny...

 

Alfons made his neck crack before he spoke. "We need to get out of here! Hey....who's your friend?" he asked, and Noah turned to look at me. "Edmond? Are you okay?" she asked, but I was too stunned to answer. I examined Alfons some more, looking his body over countless times. "Aww, Al, he likes you!" Noah said a moment later. Alfons blushed, looking horribly embarrassed. "Is he really like that?" he asked in a really loud whisper.

 

Alright, go ahead and make more jokes. "First Havoc, now Alfons?" Ha ha ha. I find you so amusing. Pfft.

 

"No. No he's not. Anyway, we need to be going somewhere. Come with us! We can get out of here together!" Noah said, obviously wanting to laugh. Alfons nodded, giving me a small gaze. "C'mon, friend. Let's go save Hohen-whatever his name is!" he said optimisticly as he pat my shoulder. I didn't say anything, still wallowing in the absolute uncanny-ness. I gazed off, thinking about this until someone started shaking my shoulders. "Edmond? Edmond! Let's go! The city is burning! We don't have much time!" I heard, and I zoned in to see Noah screaming at me. It took me a minute, and soon Alfons was shaking me too. Eventually, I snapped out of it and started moving again. "Let's go! We need to save Hohenheim!" Noah shouted, and I gazed into her eyes for a moment. "Alfons....he really..." I mumbled for a second before I brought myself together as we hit the road again.



© 2011 Emunah June.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Creepy... LOL, okay, next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awwww, a gay joke! Lol

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

265 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2010
Last Updated on May 26, 2011

Reverse ~The Locket Chronicles~


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Thank You's Thank You's

A Chapter by Emunah June.