Chapter 6… The Fire.

Chapter 6… The Fire.

A Chapter by cimmy wuv xxxooo
"

Ivy starts a fire in her room by accident with her new found power

"

I was in a daze the next few days after everything set in. I was finding it extremely hard to settle into reality, and I still was unsure of who I was. Everyone knew what they wanted me to be. My mum, Sonya, and my dad, Mark, her long lost love, were convinced that I was a soon to be angel, as soon as my 18th birthday came, which was only 4 months away. My evil mother was convinced  that she would get Drake to take me home, and if he couldn’t do it I’m sure she’d soon come do it herself. As for my best friend Luke, to him I was always just Ivy. He had no idea, and I wasn’t about to tell him.

 I walked into school, ready for the start of the new week. My plan was to enjoy being back at school, which was a normal non magical thing, and for now my plan was to think of my life as normal. I was just the same as everyone else. I had never seen an angel or any demons, I was just a normal girl. I was Ivy. And right now just being Ivy, being a normal girl, forgetting about reality just for a while, it felt really good.

I sat In biology class with Luke laughing. This was a great day. I was almost forgetting about everything that had happened last week, until it all went wrong. I threw a paper ball at Mr Humphreys head, and he went off at me. That was all fine and normal. I laughed again, along with everyone else in the class, until Luke called out to Mr Humphreys, and said.

“You must admit it was a good shot.”

Mr Humphreys Looked at Luke, and then at me. “This has gone on long enough, the both of you.” He yelled. He glared at Luke. “I’m so disappointed in you Luke. This was your last chance to go back to getting good grades, and working your way up to becoming a doctor. Ever since you have been hanging out with Ivy, you have brought yourself down to her level. Missing so many days of school, answering back on her behalf, and now your both going to be suspended. This will go on your permanent record, the both of you.”  

Mr Humphreys then looked at me.

“Are you happy miss Ivy. You have turned one of our model students into a good for nothing, mess up, such as yourself. You’re both dismissed to the principal’s office after class.

I felt anger boil up in me. A kind of anger I had never experienced before, along with the urge to cry, which only made me more angry. My hands started burning. I looked at them from under the table. They looked fine, but they felt extremely hot. I had to get out of there. I jumped out of my chair, and stormed off out the room, and down into the school yard. No one was out, they were all in class after all. I expected the principle to come rushing out, or Mr Humphreys, but no one was coming after me. I was so angry, and by 2 minutes later, I couldn’t hold it in any more. I screamed, but it came out like an evil kind of shriek, and I started kicking and hitting things. Then, all of a sudden, I saw it. Everything I had touched was on fire, and it was rising fast. I didn’t know what I’d done, but I couldn’t put it out. My anger then turned into fear. I was trapped by fire, and I had no way out. All of a sudden, Mitch showed up in the middle of the fire, standing with me as he held my hands in his, without no hesitation. Tears were streaming down my face. I was a mess. I had never been so scared in my life. I was struggling to breath, as the smoke was in my lungs, and the fire was rising and spreading fast.

“What have I done?” I said through frightened tear steaked eyes. Mitch held my gaze.

“You got angry. Your power came out, but it got out of control, and you ended up using it in a bad way.

I coughed and wept as I looked up at Mitch, and said. “I used it in a way my mother would have, didn’t I?” Mitch cupped my face in he’s hands.

“You didn’t choose to use it in this way. You didn’t mean it. Your mother does things like that purposely. You can undo this if you concentrate and calm down. I can teach you to use your power for good, if you let me.”

I looked up at Mitch. I coughed, and managed to say. “Ok let’s do it.”

 Mitch held my gaze and told me to calm down, and to tell myself, I’m going to be fine, to believe that I could put this fire out. I calmed down and concentrated. “Now imagine the fire being washed away by water, then open your hands and imagine them as cool as water, and do the same motion you did to start the fire.”

I looked at Mitch and followed what he said, but no water came out of my hands. It wasn’t working. I started coughing, and I was so scared.

“You’re not calm enough.” He said in a calm, strong, confident, not to mention beautiful, velvet voice.

“Help me.” I whispered. He tucked my hair behind my ears, wiped my tears away, and looked into my eyes.

Then he looked at me again, and whispered. “I’ve been watching you. You have your mother’s beauty, and your father’s strength. I don’t have to help you, Trust me. You’re strong. Once you learn how to control your powers, you will only be stronger. You’ll be an unbelievable force to be reckoned with. I believe in you Ivy.”

He held me with his gaze, and my heart melted from his words. Then I watched, as with such grace and elegance, he opened his wings, wrapped them around me, and created a whirlwind of water around us, putting the fire out completely. This man was amazing, but I might not have been ready then. I hated being saved, and I hoped that next time I wouldn’t have to be.

He smiled up at me, and taking the words out of mouth, he whispered. “Maybe next time.”

I got dizzy, and I knew I was going to faint from all the smoke I had inhaled. My legs gave way, and I fell as he caught me. Then I blanked out.

I woke up Tuesday morning in hospital. My head was spinning, and I didn’t feel that well. I looked up and saw mum looking down on me. I looked at her, and shook my head.

“Don’t tell me u slept here all night.” I murmered. She looked down at the floor, and then looked back up at me, and made that pouty face.

“Well I was worried about you.” she protested.

“Mum. You should have gotten a proper sleep at home. I’m fine. I have a bit of a headache and feeling a little sick, but I’m fine, really.

“What happened out there, at the school?” She questioned.

“I got angry in class.” I explained. My hands felt wierd, they felt very hot. “I’ve never felt that angry before mum.” I explained.

“Then what happened?” My mother asked staring, and waiting for me to go on.

“Then I rushed outside and started to go a little out of control. I was hitting and kicking things, and then fire came out of my hands. Mum! My power is what happened, and it got out of control.

“Yes. The school said they found you passed out on the ground, but there was no fire. They didn’t understand why it smelt like smoke, and why the ground was burnt. It’s going to be hard for you to come up with an explanation.” She said glaring at me.

“Well. This shall be fun.” I exclaimed.

“Don’t worry.” My mother said looking at me. “They have no way of finding out. Just tell them you hit your head or something when you fainted, and you don’t remember what happened, after you stormed out of class.

“That’s an idea.” I replied. “What do I tell Luke?” I asked.

“You have to tell Luke the same thing you told them.” My mother explained. “He can’t know the truth. No one can.”

“But mother. I can’t lie to Luke about who I am. He means so much to me.”

“If he knows more about it,  then he’s in danger and at risk, do you want that?” Mum asked.

“No, of course not mum. I’ll do whatever it takes to protect him.”

“Good.” she replied. “Now get some sleep. You’re going to need it to recover. I should be able to take you home tomorrow.”

My mother looked at me questioningly, when I got home the next day.

“What?” I said, knowing she wanted to ask me a question.

“What really happened Monday at school, after the fire?” she asked straight out. “Well Mitch saved me, and put the fire out after trying to get me to put it out first. I had tried but I couldn’t,” My mother laughed.

“Oh you would have hated being saved, looking weak.”

“You know me to well mum.” I laughed. “I did hate it. Then to make myself more of a p***y, I fainted in his arms. That’s the last thing I remember. It could have been worse though.” I said with a smile whilest blushing.”

Mum laughed and looked at me. “You two had a moment out there didn’t you?” She asked. For a moment I said nothing. That practically gave me away, “Oh you did didn’t you. You like your trainer don’t you?” I laughed uncontrollably while blushing more. “Details.” Mum said laughing. “Oh my god. My girl is growing up. Did he kiss you?” She questioned.

“Stop with all the questions.” I laughed. And no he didn’t is your answer. Mum looked at me.

“You’re in a love triangle.” She pointed out. “I see the looks you and Luke exchange, when he’s here, which is allot. I know how much you talk about him too, and I know you still haven’t told him how you feel.”

“You got me mum. You probably worked that out ages ago didn’t you?”

“You make it so obvious.” She smiled. 

“So what do I do mum?” I questioned.

“In the end, you will know who your heart wants, and what path your heart wants to take. There’s no rush in figuring all that out. I’m sure you’ll make the right choices. I believe in you Ivy.”

I smiled at mum as I headed off to bed. “Thanks mum. You’re amazing.” I said as I hugged her. “I love you,” She smiled at me as she let me go.

“I’ll always love you.” she said kissing my forehead.

I lay in bed that night smiling, and thinking of mum. I couldn’t help but think how lucky I was to have such a great mother who cared about me so much, and who was always there to keep me safe. Although, I hated when people went to protect me. I liked to feel strong, like I didn’t need saving. I couldn’t wait to feel stronger, and in a way I was looking forward to having power. There was an urge in me that couldn’t wait to learn how to use my power, how to get stronger, and as much as I hated to admit to myself, I fell asleep

thinking of Mitch that night. The way he had washed that fire away today with such grace and such ease, he was definately something. One thing was for sure with Mitch’s looks, charm and kindness, there was no doubt he was an angel.

I woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night, feeling like something wasn’t right. I could feel a presents of some sort. This kind of presents didn’t feel right, and it was sending chills up my spine. Then I saw them, the eyes in my wardrobe shining dark red. The hood emerged, and then he stepped out of my wardrobe, and started moving closer and closer to me. At first, I couldn’t move and I couldn’t talk. I worked up my courage to look straight up at this demon, and I realised it was the same creepy, evil, but thrilling, sexy face. It was Drake.

All of a sudden, he was looming over my bed, looking down right at me. I saw that creepy, but sexy, evil grin of his that gave me the shivers.

“How was your sleep princesss?” He hissed.

“It was fine, before I woke up to you.” I replied with a surprisingly, confident voice. “Now don’t be like that. I know you don’t mean it.” Came his reply.

“I don’t say things I don’t mean.” I hissed back. “Why on earth are you watching me in there while I sleep. How long do you stand in there you creep.”

“Most of the night. Almost every night. I love watching you.” He replied looking down on me.

“I should never have asked. Now that I know, I’ll never want to sleep again.” I exclaimed looking discussed.

“One day you will admit you want me here. That me watching you sleep makes you not want to sleep for one reason. Only because you would rather be awake making out with me.”

I had to laugh at that. Although deep down, I wondered how making out with him would be. I wouldn’t totally hate it after all. His looks and evilness secretly made me hot for him, which I wasn’t sure was a good thing. “I will never make out with you, for as long as I live.” I finally replied hesitantly.

“You don’t sound a hundred percent sure on that.” Drake grinned.

“Believe what you wish.” I said looking bored.  “Can you please get out of my house now creep. I want more sleep.”

Drake gave me one last grin, and then left after saying. “As you wish princess. Soon you’ll be mine. I plan to make sure of it. Then you’ll be waking up next to me.” Before I could reply he was gone.

 



© 2013 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok definitley Luke, I think, though Drake would be interesting, too :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

lol drake the evil demon would be interesting hey :P
Shes cute with luke i know :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 22, 2013


Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing