Chapter 7…The Goodbye and the magic.

Chapter 7…The Goodbye and the magic.

A Chapter by cimmy wuv xxxooo
"

Ivy gets trained to use her powers. Also she has to say goodbye to Luke :(

"

Heading back to school Monday was hard, remembering what happened before the fire, what was said, how Luke could be losing his dream career because of me. This had to stop. Hanging around with me wasn’t good for him. I was an extremely bad influence. Besides sooner or later I had a destiny I had to face, and I didn’t think I’d be down on earth much longer once I accepted my destiny. I couldn’t believe I had to do this. It really started to hit me. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Luke would be way better off without me in his life. I didn’t know how I was going to do it, but tears streaming down my face. I realised what I had to do today. It was time to say goodbye to Luke.

I was quiet all through history class and all my other classes today. Luke wasn’t in my classes all day, and he wasn’t around at lunch. He had something to do I think. So I wouldn’t get to see him all day at school after all, not until home time where he would be running up to me to ask how my day was. We would walk home together like we always did since we first met, but not today. Today I would walk home alone after I had said my goodbyes to Luke. I still wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to say or how I was going to say it, or how to tell someone you love goodbye. Somehow I was going to do it, and this was going to be the hardest moment of my life. The final bell then went off, knocking me out of my thoughts, and I walked out of school with my bag, ready to confront Luke. This was it.

As I walked out of the school gates, there he was, waiting for me with a smile on his face. I really wished he didn’t smile like that, it only made it so much harder for me to let him go.

“Hey you!” He said with a grin. I looked at the floor not wanting to see his face and not replying. I had to calm down, and just tell him that I couldn’t see or speak to him anymore. How could I do this without crying. “Ivy.” Luke called. Luke was right next to me now. I could tell if he looked up at me, I’d see that sweet concerned look on his face, and I knew his face alone could change my mind about walking away.

I then felt his arms go around me, and for a moment I lost what I was going to say. His embrace felt so good, so right.

“Ivy, what’s wrong?” Luke asked sounding worried. That’s what snapped me out of it. I jumped out of his embrace and dared myself to look up at him. I finally did, and my heart stopped. The look on his face, the concern for me in he’s eyes, I was about to back out, but I couldn’t. I had to do this. I tried to make the words come out of my mouth.

“Luke.” I whispered my voice low. “I can’t see you anymore.” I said my voice cracking. “Our friendship, I can’t do it anymore.”

“What? But why?” Luke said looking extremely shocked.

“I can’t tell you exactly why.” I whimpered. “All you need to know is I have a future that you can’t be a part of. It would be too dangerous for you to stay in my life. I’m a bad person, well I don’t know if person is the word.” I went to go on, but Luke cut me off.

“Ivy, look at me.” He said looking extremely upset. I looked up at him, tears about to form in my own eyes. “You are talking crazy. Stop this crap about being a bad person, you’re not. I love you just the way you are.” He then paused. “I... umm... I mean... umm.”

My heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. He had just told me he loved me. That was huge. I just stood there shocked, words couldn’t form in my mouth. He had just made it that much harder on me to leave, but I knew I had to. I was still going to do this. This would be goodbye, it was for the best.

Words finally formed in my mouth, and I looked Luke dead in the eyes. My feelings so strong, with tears finally streaming down my face, I managed to say “I love you to and I know you don’t understand, you never will. It’s too dangerous for you to know anything about why I’m doing this.”

Luke stepped in to hold me with tears rolling down his face. I went to run but he grabbed my hand. “I refuse to lose you.” He whimpered.

Then he did what I really wasn’t expecting. Luke kissed me, passionately, deeply and it was amazing. I felt his lips move on mine, and mine kept in sync with his. His hands cupping my face, his lips felt so warm, so good, and so right on mine, and it was so hard to pull away. I finally broke free. “Goodbye Luke. I love you.” I whispered. I then turned and ran. I dared myself to look back, and when I did the sight broke my heart. Luke had the saddest most heartbroken look on his face, and tears where streaming down his face. It was almost enough to make me turn back, but I didn’t. I knew this had to be done, and I was too strong to back out now, and he didn’t come after me.

The next few days after that, I wasn’t myself. I couldn’t stop thinking about saying goodbye to Luke, or the amazing kiss we shared. A mix of emotions were running though me. I was so glad it was the weekend, but when Monday came around and school was back on, I didn’t know how I was going to avoid him. I didn’t know if I would be strong enough stay away, or if I would cave and send myself running into his arms. I loved him too much to do that, and I knew that it was best for him if I stayed away. He could never know the truth, and he could never be with me, let alone be my friend. It was too dangerous, and I would do anything, even this to protect him.

As I lay down on my bed that day, just thinking about Luke and all that happened, that sexy angel voice that I knew was Mitch knocked me out of my thoughts, as I heard him whisper in my ear.

“Are you ready to train Miss Ivy?” I opened my eyes and I was no longer in my room. We were in a black walled room, like a cube, a big black cube looking place. I saw Mitch standing beside me.

“We’re training here? Where are we anyway?” I found myself asking.

“We’re halfway to heaven, but that’s still a fair way up yet. This is a training cube house. There scattered in the air, and it’s where angel trainers take angels in the making to train and skill up there powers, just like I’m now doing with you.”

I gave him a puzzled look. “So, you mean to tell me right now, if I open this door, all ill see is white, fluffy clouds and air?” I questioned.

“That’s exactly what I’m saying.” Mitch replied with a smirk.

It hit me all of a sudden that I was thousands of miles in the air. I was petrified of heights. I gulped quite loudly and almost fell. My legs went all shaky, just the thought of being so high in the air gave me the chills. All of a sudden I felt his strong hands hold me to him, holding me up so my legs didn’t give way. I heard Mitch’s sweet voice whisper in my ear.

“Are you ok Miss ivy?” I caught my breath and I heavily breathed out as I tried to calm down.

“I’m fine, and please call me Ivy. No need for the miss, I hate it.

He chuckled. “Ivy it is then.” Came his reply. “Afraid of heights?” I then heard him question. He chuckled again. “A future angel scared of heights? This is a new one.”

I looked up at him. “You’re so sure of my destiny, like its already decided. Well have I got news for you Mitch. I decide my own destiny, and I still haven’t made a choice yet. So don’t get too ahead of yourself.” Mitch just smiled at me and said. “I know, and I am truly sorry. It is your choice, and its your path. Whether you see it or not, there’s so much more good then evil in you, and there’s more angel in your blood then you think. I honestly believe that being an angel is no doubt your destiny, and now it’s time to train you up.”

As we trained and I practiced, I couldn’t seem to get anything right. My head wasn’t in the right place, and I couldn’t think straight. I tried to hide this, and I thought I was doing a great job of doing so. Even though Mitch hadn’t known me long it was weird, because the way he was looking at me I think he knew my head wasn’t in it today. There was something on my mind. He called me over to him, asked me to take a break and take a seat. So that’s what I did. I chose a place and sat on one of the chairs in the corners, which was about the only thing besides space that the room had in it.

“So what’s wrong? what’s on your mind Ivy?” I found Mitch questioning. “I realise you must be going though allot right now with everything that’s happened. I’m here for you if you want to talk.” He offered.

I looked up at him. “It’s a long story.” I told him.

“I have time.” He replied.

“Well here goes then.” I said staring up at him. “Well, I have this best friend.” I started. “I have known him since I started high school, and we have been so close ever since.” Mitch smiled at me and urged me to go on, so I did. “Anyway I have always secretly loved him, but I never told him because I thought it would ruin our friendship. Anyway, I always thought I was a bad and I was a bad influence on him. I got him into allot of trouble.”

“Mind if I cut in?” Mitch said cutting in. I laughed.

“I think you already have.” I chuckled.

Mitch smiled at me. “I guess I did.” He said, also giving a chuckle. “I just wanted to say that you keep saying you’re a bad person, when really you must not know what bad is. The things you have done don’t make you a bad person, there nothing serious.” He finished. “And by the way, this human boy, he chose to get himself into trouble. You didn’t control him using mind control or anything did you?”

“Well no, of course not.” I replied. “But wait.” I went on. “Mind control? I could do that?”

“Well yes, but that power isn’t really a good one, so I advise you not to learn it.” Mitch replied.

I was curious but I could see where he was coming from, so I dropped it and I went on with my story. “Well anyway, I decided it would have been too dangerous for him to hang around me, seeing as there was demons looking for me. I thought the best thing to do would be to say goodbye to him forever.” I explained. I then started to tear up a little. “I can’t explain all of the goodbye scene, it’s hard for me to talk about.” I said tears rolling down my eyes. “I found out the feelings were mutual, and he told me he loved me and kissed me, and I had to turn and leave. It was a very emotional day for both of us.” I finished with tears rolling down my face.

Mitch cupped my face in his hands and wiped my tears away with his thumb. “I know that couldn’t of been easy on you, but it was for the best, you did the right thing. I’m proud of you.” He said smiling at me. “As you can see there is plenty of good in you.” Mitch then took his hands off my face and stepped back and the moment was broken. He cleared his throat. “So you’re going to be alright to train now?” He asked.

I looked up at him. “I’ll be fine.” I said trying to be strong, and putting on a brave face. “Let’s get back into it, and lets train me up.” I finished.

I stood in the middle of the black cube room, with Mitch on the side lines calling to me, and telling me what to do.

“Now concentrate.” I heard him call. “Imagine the heat of the flames coming out of your hands. Feel the heat in them like last time.” He went on.

I did as he said and nothing was happening. I concentrated more and stayed focused. “Can you feel it?” Mitch called out.

“Not really.” I called back. “I’m trying, but nothing’s happening. I can’t do s**t.” I said starting to feel frustrated. We kept trying and still within half an hour of concentrating I got no results. Now I was getting angry. “I can’t do this s**t I screamed. I clenched my hands into fists. It was then I felt my hands heat right up, the power felt amazing.

Mitch called out to me. “You can feel it now cant you Ivy? The anger triggered it.” he stated.

“Well dah! You think?” I began to say smartly. As I unclenched my hands, fire went everywhere and started roaring across the floor straight at Mitch. The flames were quick, but not as quick as Mitch. With his lightning reflex’s his wings spread out, as they shimmered the colour blue. Then like magic, the blue water moved off them and hit the ground. In a strong small wave it instantly put out the fire I had started. I Stared up at Mitch in awe. Every time I saw him do magic, it made me feel hot. He was so powerful, strong, elegant, fast moving, and amazing. None the less I couldn’t take my eyes off him. It took me awhile to get my words out, but finally I took my eyes off of Mitch and I stared at the ground.

“I’ll never be as amazing as that.” I said staring at the floor. “I’m hopeless.” Mitch strode over and came to stand beside me.

“Let me give you a few pointers.” He offered.

“That would be nice.” I agreed.

“Ok. Step number one is that no matter how hard it is when using your powers, you need to stay calm. When you’re angry you’re not thinking straight, and you’re not in control. Also your power will be released easier though anger yes, but because anger isn’t the most good emotion to feel, your power will be released in a harmful uncontrolled way. You could hurt someone. So, as hard as it is you have to stay calm while using your powers.” Mitch explained. “As for step number two, don’t be so hard on yourself. You have just started training. You just found out you have powers, and it’s going to take a while to get used to it, and you’re going to need practice and patience. That’s about it.” Mitch finally finished.

I looked up at Mitch after he gave me a few tips and I smiled.

“I have something to add.” I said.

“Yes certainly, add away.” Mitch replied with a smirk.

“Well...” I said looking up at him and smiling sweetly. “I think I could concentrate more and be allot calmer if you were standing near me, only because last time it helped allot. I almost had it, and I calmed down allot more when you were with me at the school. Just an idea.” I said smiling.

“You mean when I came right next to you and talked to you softly with a husky whispering voice?” Mitch asked coming closer.

“Well yes, something like that.” I giggled.

“Try again now.” Mitch whispered in my ear. “Concentrate.” I then took in a deep breath and I felt safe and powerful with him next to me. This was helping already. “Now, imagine heat building up in your hands but not the kind of heat to destroy things, the kind of something simple for a start, the kind that’s just a little flame on the tip of your finger. See those candles around the room?” he asked turning off the light.

“Yes, I see them barley, now that the lights are off.”

“Concentrate on having light. Focus on them and feel the heat on the tip of your finger, and then when your ready, point at the candle and light it up.” Mitch finished.

I laughed. This shall be fun, I thought to myself. This didn’t look very easy but I knew I had a great teacher, and I had to believe in myself. Here goes nothing, I thought to myself.

I had been trying to get it right for half an hour now, and I was getting frustrated. Mitch was doing everything right. It wasn’t his fault, it was mine. I just felt like a failure next to him. I took a breath trying to calm down, but it was hard to be calm right now. Not one ounce of magic had come out of me yet, and I was getting extremely frustrated.

“I will give you an example.” I heard Mitch whisper. He went over and stood in the middle of the room, and from there he turned slowly, pointing and lighting every candle in the room.

I opened my mouth and gasped shocked and in awe. “That was amazing. Truly, you are amazing.” I told him as he came and stood back beside me.

He chucked. “One day all in good time, you will find that one a piece of cake. That’s nothing compared to the things you will learn to do and the power you will have. You have to learn to use it for good though and use it wisely.”

I stared up at him. “Not one bit of magic has come out of me today. I’m loosing hope and getting very frustrated.” I told him truthfully.

“You will get the hang of it.” Mitch smiled. “Try again for me, please.”

With a smile like that, who was I to say no.

I stood closer to the candle this time, and by closer, I mean really close. If I couldn’t do it from this close, then id lost all hope for myself. I concentrated again and tried to imagine the heat on the tip of my finger. The little flame, but ten minutes into it I still had nothing. The fury now burned up in me, and I thought to myself im hopeless.

“I can’t do anything right. Some angel I am.” I started to mentally critize myself more and more, and my anger rose deep within me. I felt the heat, and it grew pretty strong. I knew my anger was what brought it out. I shot my finger out, and pointed as a massive flame came roaring towards the candle, knocking it down and destroying it.

Mitch instantly put it out before it had a chance to start anything big of course, and I just sighed. Mitch looked up at me. “Don’t be too hard on yourself. It takes young angels in training at least 3 months before they can master any ounce of magic. Your magic has been mastered allot faster, just not in the right way as of yet.”

“That makes me feel a little better I guess.” I sighed.

“You’re learning very quickly, allot quicker than most young angels.” Mitch said smiling at me. “Give yourself a break, your doing fine. Try again.” He insisted.

This was going to be a long day I thought to myself, but I wasn’t going to give up that easy. “Lets do it.” I said looking up at him. “I’m ready.”

I repeated the steps but really concentrated on being calm this time. That was the hardest thing for me to do. I always had quite a temper. Mitch could tell I was struggling with staying calm, and all of a sudden he whispered.

“I think I forgot an important step. Something that calmed you down last time.”

I tingled when he whispered in my ear like that. “What’s that?” I questioned. My voice coming out husky. Mitch embraced me from behind and took both my hands in his. My legs threatened to give way at first, and I almost fell. He laughed and he held me up.

“Do I make you nervous?” He whispered in my ear.

“Never.” I replied back finally finding my voice.

“Perhaps I make you want me then.” He breathed into my ear. My breath caught in my throat.

“I... uh... I... ummm...” I gulped. He laughed a kind of heart filled flirty laugh. I found my words and I whispered. “If you’re trying to help me stay calm, you’re not doing a very good job. I might not be angry now, but my heart is racing a hundred beats per minute.” I exclaimed.

“So now the truth comes out. I do make you nervous. He said smiling.

Before I could reply, he dropped the flirty husky voice and got back to his training voice. My heart slowed to normal speed, well almost normal speed, after all he was still holding my hands.

“Anyway.” He went on. “Concentrate and let’s try this again.”

I concentrated and feast my eyes on the candle, putting my full attention on it, and imagining fire from my fingertip firing across the room to light the candle. I breathed in and tried to calm myself down as much as possible. I felt Mitch give my hand a squeeze, and I felt his warm smooth hand on mine, which made me feel so many things. It gave me a thrill.  It sent tingles though my body, made me feel strong, and powerful, and almost immediately calmed me down. I felt the heat on the top of my finger, and I knew I was ready. I focused on the candle, pointed directly at it, and it lit. I turned to each and every one and they lit as well. I smiled and put my hand down to my side. The heat had died down as I turned to Mitch and smiled.

“I did it.” I said pointing out the obvious.

“You certainly did.” He replied smiling back at me.

“Before you know it, you won’t need me by your side, let alone in the room with you. You will be able to do that all by yourself.”

“Thanks for the help anyway.” I said smiling. “You are a great trainer and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.”

“I try.” Mitch said with a smirk. “I try.”

 



© 2013 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ahhhh so good! I love it!!!! Can't wait to see what happens!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

Im glad your enjoying it hun :)
❤ Maggie ❤

10 Years Ago

I am! (: definitely!
Very compelling and interesting piece, well written with a strong, clear voice.

It is easy to read, the facts are presented clearly and concisely.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing interesting master piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

awww thanks so much you where meant to start from chapter 1 though, how did you understand what was .. read more
SquinklaPsyOps

10 Years Ago

It wasn't as long to read than poems though.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 22, 2013


Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing