chapter 8: Luke's return

chapter 8: Luke's return

A Chapter by cimmy wuv xxxooo

“Oh you again.” I exclaimed, looking at the black figure in my wardrobe that night. I was defiantly no longer scared by this demon, and I stared him right in the eyes, letting him know that as I spoke.

“Well now, is that any way to speak to someone so attractive.” He chuckled giving me a wink.

I glared at him shaking my head in disgust. “You may be a good looking guy, but Mitch is ten times the man you will ever be.” I shot back.

“Mitch? Now who is this Mitch?” Drake questioned.

“That is none of your business, but if you must know he’s an angel, literally, and he brings out the good in me. He makes me feel good and I love it.” I replied with a smirk. All of a sudden Drakes expression went cold.

“Mitch? the angel Mitch?” He questioned, his face full of anger.

“Oh, so I have struck a nerve here obviously.” I stated. “You must know him then. I can see why you would hate him. You would be so jealous, seeing as he’s twice the man you will ever be.” That is when I really got a reaction out of him. His expression changed into quite a scary look, and I froze. I was frightened, and I hated myself for it.

He stormed towards me, and I backed right up against my bed, gripping the blankets in my hands.”

“Mitch is nothing like me. This is true.” Drake hissed. “But a man? I highly doubt that. You want a real man? You want real power? You need to be on this side, the dark side. Unless...” He continued hissing in my ear. “You will never learn anything interesting, fun, or dangerous.”

I pulled myself together and stared up at him. I gulped. He really scared me. I couldn’t find my voice. I froze in fear. “I... uh... I... um…” I stumbled on my words.

He grinned. “Are you scared of me?” He asked.

“No.” I lied.

He laughed. “You’re not a good liar.” He hissed.

I tensed up as he gave me a smirk.

“So what big powerful things have you learnt of Mitch?” He questioned.

I felt embarrassed. “None of your business.” I replied.

“Wow that boring and uninteresting, you can’t even bring yourself to tell me.” He stated. “I could teach you some real magic, even right now if you want.” He smirked. “If by that you mean some dangerous, destructive, evil magic I’m not interested.” I shot back.

“And the lies keep coming out of your mouth.” He replied with another smirk. “I know you’re interested, and I know the magic I can teach you is going to excite and thrill you so much more then whatever baby tricks Mitch taught you.” He finished.

I wasn’t going to let him suck me into this. I was a good person. This was bad magic we were talking about here, and I was disappointed in myself, because I knew he was right. I was more than interested. I loved the thrill that came with being powerful, really powerful, more than just lighting up candles kind of powerful. I knew he could teach me things beyond my imagination. I had to be strong. I didn’t want this, I wanted to use my magic for good. I was a good person. I stared up at him, and put a hard look on my face. I stared him straight in the eyes and I said in a hard cold voice. “I’m not interested, get out.”

He stared up at me, put his face so close to mine and hissed. “You can’t deny who you are forever. I’ll be back.” On that note he left.

I didn’t realise until after he left that I was drenched in sweat, and I was a little shaky. I hated this. I hated being like this. The fact that I was scared of him made me want to scream. I couldn’t be like this. I was strong and not afraid of anyone or anything, especially him. Next time I saw him, no matter what he was going to say or do, I was determined to stand strong, that’s one thing I was sure of.

The next day as I sat down in the lounge eating a tuna sandwich, when I heard a knock on the door. I went to get up, but mum yelled at me that it was alright and that she would answer it. I shrugged and sat back down, taking a massive bite of my tuna sandwich. I was hungry.

“It’s Luke.” Mum called back.

I almost choked on my sandwich, remembering the last talk we had, how emotional it was, and how he had told me he loved me. That kiss - that kiss - that magical, amazing kiss that we had shared.  Part of me wanted to run up to the door and pick up where we had left of. I loved kissing Luke, and I loved him. I had been in love with him for years on end, but I knew I couldn’t answer that door, let alone look at he’s face, or I would lose it. I would give in, and once I was in his arms, I wouldn’t be able to let him go. I had to, it was for the best. I didn’t want to put him in danger. He was better off out of my life. He had to walk away.

“You coming down or not Ivy?” My mother called. My breath caught in my throat, a million emotions running though me. I finally found my voice and called back, my voice cracking.

“No, I can’t. I don’t want to see him. He knows that, tell him to please go.” There was a long pause before my mother called back.

” But Ivy, sweetie, did you and Luke have a fight? You have never been like this with him. I’m sure you both can work it out. He has brought you gifts.”

I yelled back coldly. “Then you can tell him to return them and to just go, it’s over.” I cringed at my words and listened as I came closer to the door. There was silence, until I heard Lukes voice.

“Just tell Ivy I love her, and that whatever she’s keeping from me, I can deal with it. I want to be with her every step of the way, though everything. Whatever she’s going though I can help, and tell her not to let me go forever. I don’t want us to be over before we even began.” After that, he was off.

As much as half of me wanted to run after him, I couldn’t and I wouldn’t. He couldn’t be in my life anymore. I had to say goodbye and he had to as well.

Mum walked into the lounge and looked at me. “You want to tell me what’s going on with you and Luke?” She questioned.

I took the finishing bite of my sandwich and stood up. “I don’t want to talk about it.” I replied.

“I know you must be going through alot.” She began. “But...”

I cut in. “But what mum? You don’t know half of what I’m going though. I find out from you now that my whole life has been a lie. I have a demon coming into my room almost every night. I have to say goodbye to Luke, and be strong enough to never see him again, to keep him out of danger. Don’t give me crap that you’re sorry or that you understand, because you don’t. You don’t know  half of what I’m going though.” With that finishing line, I stormed upstairs to my room.

I had so many different emotions in me. Everything was getting to be too much for me. In a matter of days my life had been turned upside down. I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I had done enough crying lately though, and I was sick of it. I was stronger than that, and I refused to cry again. I was so angry. I felt like smashing everything in my room, but I contained myself. That wouldn’t solve anything or help anything. I felt so helpless. I sat there in my thoughts, still feeling anger burning inside me. How could she do this to me? Let me live a normal teenage life, and then tell me halfway through my life that I have a destiny, and that this is not really me. I felt like I didn’t know who I was anymore, who I wanted to be even. I was so lost and confused, and no one was there to help. My mum, Mitch and I beat even my father, whom I still hadn’t even meet yet. They all assumed they knew who I was going to become, whilest my real mother and Drake were determined to make me one of them. The only one who understood me and knew who I was, probably better then I knew myself, was Luke. He wasn’t here anymore. I couldn’t even have him in my life anymore. I felt tears threatening to come out, but I held them back. I refused to cry. So instead I sat there burning up with rage, and clenching my fists trying to calm myself down.

As the night fell over us, the sky turned black. I heard it, the wardrobe slamming open. I wasn’t in the mood for him tonight, and I wasn’t in the mood to talk to my mother. I knew she would burst in here, demanding what happened with all the slamming. I was ready for him this time though. I shot my head back and glared furiously at Drake.

“Did I not make myself clear last night, when I said I didn’t want you or your magic here, or are you deaf?” I shot at him. He just gave me that creepy grin, as he stepped out of the wardrobe and strode over to me.

“I know you don’t mean these things though. You don’t want to admit you like having me around.” He replied confidently.

“You’re so full of it, and so sure of yourself.” I laughed. “Get over yourself and get out. I meant it when I said I don’t want you here, believe it or not.”

“You realise when you’re in this mood, it’s the best time to practice your magic.” He stated.

“In this mood? I’m only in this mood because you’re here.” I lied.

“So many lies. Sweet little angels don’t lie.” He then again stated with a grin. “I know there’s more to your unhappy mood then just me.”

“Who said I was an angel?” I shot at him. With that his grin got bigger.

“Definitely not me, and apparently not you either, but you do know your different. Your special and you’re not human, which leaves you only one other option.” He grinned getting closer.

I backed up. “I’m not a demon either.” I practically spat. “Now get lost. My mood only gets worse when your around.”

He then grabbed me faster than I could have expected. I went to scream but he covered my mouth.

“You are one of us.” He said pinning me against the wall. “The sooner you learn that the better.”

I felt his strong body holding me firm against the wall, his hand against my hips, and his pelvis pressing against me. I hated that it gave me the biggest thrill, yet I still felt the anger burning stronger within me.

With the sexual tension burning between us and my rage, I couldn’t decide how I was feeling. He was amazingly good looking. I loved the fact that he made me feel like I wanted to be stronger, and I loved the fact that he gave me such a thrill, and as much as I hated to deny it, and as much as I said I hated him, the only reason I was saying that was because he was pure evil - a demon. I barely knew him. Apparently since my mum was evil, I had evil within me to. Here I was judging him. What if he was right? What if I was just like him? I kept fighting it, fighting him, because I didn’t want to believe it, but I did have it in me, and right now I wasn’t even sure who I was.

The sexual tension grew stronger. I could feel his pelvis pressed against me hard and hot, and at the same time I could feel his hand move away from my mouth and slide down my waist. He held my gaze as he pressed harder against me. I felt my breath catch, and when I let it out I was breathing in heavy pants. He grinned at me as he went to put his hands under my top, and that’s when I moaned in pleasure. I couldn’t think, this felt amazing, he felt amazing. So wrong and evil, which gave me such a thrill.

He whispered in my ear. “You are amazingly beautifully sexy.” I moaned louder as his hands travelled up to my breasts and grabbed them hungrily. I then heard him moan in pleasure, which only made me want him twice as much. Then I saw his evil grin again, and I tried to concentrate. My body screamed more, my mind screamed evil, demon, virginity! I jumped away, the sexual feelings dying down and my rage increasing.

“How dare you take advantage of me.” I hissed. “How dare you touch me.” He was too fast for me, as he grabbed me and pinned me again.

“You didn’t seem like you were hating it all that much.” He said with a smile.

I hissed in anger. “Get off me!” I said my voice getting louder.

“You didn’t seem to want me to get off you before.” He pointed out with another of his creepy but sexy grins.

“I wasn’t thinking straight then. I have had a rough night, that was a mistake.” I hissed.

He laughed as his grip on me tightened. “Make me get off of you then. Show me power, strength. I know you can do it.”

Anger boiled up inside me, but also a sense of thrill. I knew I could be powerful and I knew I wanted him gone. I didn’t want to be attracted to him. I definately didn’t want to feel like I wanted him, and I didn’t want to lose my V plates to a demon. So I was going to do what he said, and he was going to regret laying a hand on me. I felt my hands burning up, and my rage boiling. All of a sudden his arms were smoking up, as they blazed with fire. He shrieked, and all of a sudden the flames went out and it vanished. I stared in shock, one minute I was proud of myself, because it seemed I’d done something so powerful and so big, much bigger then lighting candles. Then seeing him somehow magically make it vanish just like that, like it was nothing. It made me feel weak, which made me fume. He laughed and strode over to me, laughing as if to say that’s the best you’ve got?

My blood boiled and I felt so full of rage. He came closer again and I lost it. I shrieked, forgetting I was in my room and mums room was close by. My rage felt like it was all coming out of me, and with that I opened my eyes to find I had set my desk on fire, my bed sheets, and practically everything in my room, except for myself and drake.

“You wanted power and you got it. All the destruction, all the death, you can burn this house down and take Sonya down with it. The b***h that kept you away from your true destiny.”

I screamed as the fire blazed. “That’s not what I want. Sonya is a hundred times the mum my mother could ever be. Put this out right now.” I yelled at him.

Drake laughed. “If you don’t want her to die and you’re so good like you say you are, I’m sure you can stop it yourself.” He replied as he left.

I coughed and choked as the flames grew stronger. Mitch wasn’t here to help me this time, and Drake had just left me. I was in such a panic and I was scared. I was alone, and I wasn’t strong enough to put this out on my own. I hated feeling helpless and not powerful enough to stop this on my own. I usually hated being saved. I liked to look after myself, but I needed him. I wanted Mitch to save me this time, just this once, and he wasn’t here. I coughed more, the flames rose and I couldn’t see the door. My vision blurred and I blacked out as I fell to the floor.

 

I woke up on the couch, my mums face looking down on me. “Mum.” I coughed. “Rest sweetheart. You don’t have to tell me what happened just yet. Just rest, I’m so thankful you’re ok.” She kneeled down and held me. “You could have been killed tonight. I put the fire out, all of it.” She told me. “Your room and half your things couldn’t be saved unfortunately. I’ve got the mattress out and it looks like you will be sleeping with me in my room for the meantime.”

I looked up at her. “I’m sorry about the fire mum, it was my fault. I started it. I didn’t mean to, I can’t control it.”

“What happened?” she asked with her caring eyes focused on me. That’s when I realised I loved my mum, and I needed her. I sat up, hugged her and cried. She held me while I cried until I calmed down. She wiped my tears away until I was ready to talk.

“I didn’t mean to blame you or take this out on you mum. I know that you hiding my destiny from me, until I was older was for the best. You were only protecting me, I see that now and I’m truly sorry.” She smiled up at me while she held me.

“Well you had every right to be a little mad. I can only imagine what you’re going though, and it would be far from easy.”

“It’s not. It’s allot for me to take in. Allot has been going on in my life, mainly to do with boys.” I sighed.

“I think it’s time for a boy talk.” My mum grinned. “How bout you start with Luke. what happened there?”

I sighed. “It’s so hard to let him go mum. I told him at school not long ago that I couldn’t see him anymore or be in his life. It’s too dangerous for him you know? I couldn’t bare to watch if he got hurt.”

“He would be putting himself in that position because he chose to.” She replied.

“But mum. He doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into.” I stated.

“That is true, but you have known Luke your whole life, and you’re doing the right thing by protecting him. Although do you really think he’s going to give up on you?” “Well of course not mum.” I replied. “I know he’s going to put up a fight.” I finished.

“A fight sweetie. The boy said he loves you. He’s never going to stop chasing you.” “I know.” I replied. “It’s so hard to stay away from him. I know he loves me too now, and we shared a kiss. It’s so hard not to give in.”

My mum smiled at me. “Don’t make the same mistake your father and I made. If you love him tell him the truth. Tell him who you really are. Once he knows the truth, if he still wants to stick by you, and something happens to him, it’s not your fault. He’s taking that risk to be with you, because he loves you. Don’t let true love go just like that. It’s something special, I can tell you that. If you let it go without trying, you will regret it for as long as you live.”

“Why do I have a feeling that this is no longer about Luke and I, but about my father and yourself?” I questioned.

She laughed as she smiled and said. “You got me Ivy, you got me.”

“So what about you mum? Let’s talk about your love life. Your long lost love, my father.”

My mum gave me a smile and a serious look. “Your father is an amazing man, and I’m completely in love with him, always have been. Seeing him again brought back so many emotions that I haven’t felt in a long time. I miss him so much.” She went on.  “I know you will love him when you meet him. You have so much of him in you, it’s unbelievable. You remind me of him so much.” This story of my mum and real father was amazing, just like a fairy tale. My feelings for my dad were mixed. I couldn’t help but be angry at him. I know he never came down to see me. He was protecting me from my evil mother, but he could have tried. I hadn’t seen him since I was a baby. I couldn’t remember anything about my own father, and that hurt. My mum could see the emotions on my face.

“You’re like an open book, just like your father, and you wear your heart on your sleeve. I can see it on your face right now that you don’t know how to feel about him, which is understandable. Just know he did what was for the best. He had to leave me too, all these years, and it’s been hard for me too, but I forgive him. I know he had no choice.” She went on. “He was just protecting us, he loves us.”

“I can’t return that love to a man, well an angel that I don’t even know.” I exclaimed.

“That will change all in good time Ivy.” My mother answered with a smile. “All in good time.”

I started to get up off the couch, thinking our talk was over and wanting to go back to bed. I didn’t really want to talk to my mum about Drake and what happened. I was hoping after our boy talk she had forgotten.

“Now wait a minute.” She said glaring at me. “What on earth happened in your room tonight.”

I then remembered I didn’t have a bed to sleep in, and that I would be sleeping in mum’s room every night. I had to tell her what happened. She wasn’t going to be thrilled about the whole drake situation. Although I was always so honest with my mother, and I knew I didn’t want to start lying to her now. I had to tell her

everything about earlier tonight, even about the moment me and drake shared. Although of course I wouldn’t go into full detail. I knew this couldn’t go well. I took a deep breath and prepared to tell her the story. This was going to be fun.

After I finished telling my mum everything about Drake and how he’d been coming to see me, including the moment we had that got me feeling all hot and bothered, I waited to see her reaction. I was expecting to get blasted, but she didn’t yell at me. I was shocked by the words that came out of her mouth.

“You have grown up Ivy. I trust you more then you know. I’m worried and concerned beyond belief, and I’m glad you’ll be in my room with me from now on. I don’t like the idea of you seeing him or speaking to him, let alone whatever happened between you two in your room. I am so protective of you and I want you to be safe, but I trust that you know what you’re doing and that you will be careful. I know you can take care of yourself, as long as you promise me one thing.” She finished.

“What’s that?” I answered.

“Promise me that you’ll be careful. Most importantly, you’ll let me know if he gets to be too much for you to handle and you need me. I’m here to protect you if you need me.” She finished with concern in her eyes.

I hugged her. “Mum, I love you and I’m glad you trust me, I really am. This means allot to me. Thank you. I promise I’ll be careful.” I replied.

The next day I went on a walk to clear my head. I couldn’t stop thinking about Luke. I missed him so much. I kept thinking about that kiss we shared, how I felt, how much I wanted him in that moment. It hurt so much to not have him here beside me. I hadn’t seen Luke since that day at school, and I hadn’t heard from him in two weeks. I remembered two weeks ago when he came to my door, and I refused to see him. He had left me a poem and some chocolates. I had no idea he could be so romantic. I couldn’t bear to throw the poem out. He was such a good writer and I couldn’t stop re-reading his poem. In fact, I was about to read it again now.

 

LUKES POEM.

Dear Ivy. For so long I’ve kept it all inside, but these strong feelings I can no longer hide.

You and I have been together so long. How can you deny something so right and say it’s so wrong.

Whatever is wrong whatever you hide, you can’t keep all these emotions inside.

I have watched you rise and have seen you fall, and I want to continue to be there though it all.

You’re going to have to stop pushing me away, because I’ll always come back, I’m here to stay.

I love you Ivy, you have to know, and I’m never going to let you go.

 

I sighed as I finished reading Luke’s poem. Was my mum right? Should I just tell him who I was? That was a crazy idea. As if he would believe me if I did. I really didn't want to involve him in this new crazy life that I was meant to lead. I was scared for him, and I refused to see him get hurt. Although I still couldn't bring myself to let him go. I knew whatever I did, he would keep chasing me, and I would have to keep turning my back on him. How much longer could I do that before caving and running into his arms? My guess was not very much longer.



© 2013 cimmy wuv xxxooo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

U have to continue this story!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

sheza

10 Years Ago

ohh geeese!! weell why? its great?@!
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

haha wow you like it that much.... Idk just couldn't be bothered with it anymore lol
sheza

10 Years Ago

haha wellits good so startwrtomg more lol
the poem's really adorable :) why did you stop writing?


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

why did i stop writing the novel you mean?
I dont know i mean i just couldn't be bothered stor.. read more
annabellee

10 Years Ago

ok maybe you'll find some time again :)
cimmy wuv xxxooo

10 Years Ago

yer hopefully i miss writing it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013


Author

cimmy wuv xxxooo
cimmy wuv xxxooo

melbourne, Australia



About
Hey everyone im cimmonne (prounced simone) but everyone i know and love calls me cimmy. I'm unique and different and 100 percent me. I have a passion for writing and i want to share my writing with ev.. more..

Writing