[Chapter Two]

[Chapter Two]

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous

[Chapter two]

I went back home and then decided to watch the TV in order to waste some time, I fell asleep then I was awakened suddenly due to a strange dream, I looked at the clock, it was 11 pm, I washed my face and grabbed something to eat then I went back to the TV, maybe dad is coming soon, I have to wait for him, I switched between the channels when something caught my attention, it was the news headlines, they were kind of strange to me.

“Three police officers and two detectives found dead”

My dad would be shocked at this news, what if he knew those people, he would be very hurt about it..

“Mr.Sameul, Mr.Leo, Mr.Alexandar,Mr.Horland and Mr.Greg are the deceased names….”

“Oh, someone has similar last name as my father”

Then they started showing the pictures of the deceased.

“Why, why is my father’s picture there…”

“No, Noooo, That’s absurd, Noo”

I kept repeating those words endlessly, I just couldn’t get grip of myself, I couldn’t think clearly, what the hell was happening, my mind stopped for a while till I heard the phone’s ringtone, it was my aunt.

“Aunt… “

“Mel dear, are you still awake? “

“Hmm, I had some strange dream aunt, it was a very scary dream, aunt…”

“I’m on my way to your house Mel…”

“In that dream, I saw my father’s picture in…”

“Mel, I’m on my way, don’t think about anything, it was just a dream”

“It was just a dream, yes indeed, just a dream”

Deep inside me, I knew it wasn’t just a dream, but those was the most comforting words at that time, I kept repeating those words again and again, till I heard the door’s ring bell, I opened the door and it was my aunt.

She hugged me tightly and patted my head.

“Mel, are you okay?”

“I’m not okay, I can’t be okay, I…”

That’s where I burst into tears with my aunt hugging me tightly and crying too.

I don’t know how or when, but I fell asleep thanks to my aunt’s comforting.

My aunt Erica Is the kindest person on the earth, she really cared for me since I was very young, she was always sweet and caring, she loved my father deeply and cared for him too, she is the only sibling of his, she is divorced without kids, she lives alone, my father asked her many times before to come and live with us, but she always says that she is happy living like that.

I woke up the next and found me aunt next to me patting my head.

“Are you awake dear” she smiled

“Yes, Aunt”

“Let’s go and prepare breakfast then”

Seeing my aunt acting so normal, I believed and convinced myself that everything that happened last night was just a dream.

We made breakfast without saying anything, just looking at each other smiling hurtfully then we sat down to eat our meal.

My aunt smiled at me again and I smiled back.

“Mel, Look dear, right now I’m not speaking with my cute child Mel, but with a responsible independent mature lady, I know you are ten, but I also know that you are mature and can understand what I’m about to say, last night something bad happened…”

“I know aunt, I know” and here I burst into tears again..

“Mel” my aunt couldn’t resist her tears too, we hugged each other and cried our hearts out till we became calm.

“The funeral is going to be held today, let’s get ready and say the last goodbye to your father”

We wore our outfits and went to the funeral’s place, still everything from last night to the funeral was like a dream.

We prayed, I greeted my father so did my aunt then we went back to our home.



© 2017 Lilly_Joyous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on June 14, 2017
Last Updated on June 14, 2017
Tags: Mystery, Suspense, Thriller, Crime, Murder, Criminal, Murderer, Family


Author

Lilly_Joyous
Lilly_Joyous

Cairo, Africa, Egypt



About
I have a passion towards writing more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by Lilly_Joyous