Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2
"

Morgan can't stay in her bed at night, for some reason she keeps waking up in the woods. She meets Simon who might be able to tell her why this is happening, oh and why he secretly lives in her woods.

"

Chapter One

 

“Damn it!”

Not again, now where the hell am I. Somewhere in the woods outside my house, but so deep in can’t see any lights, isn’t that helpful. I hate this I go to bed and then wake up not in my bed but somewhere completely different, Mom says it’s because I’m sleep walking but how come when I wake up it feels like someone just let me go. I showed my Mom the bruise on my wrist that looks like fingers but she assumed it was my older brother Logan bullying me again. Even though it was funny when my Mom yelled at him I told her it wasn’t him, which he didn’t even thank me for. Well what do I expect he is 19, that means his little sister is not his problem and he probably wouldn’t even care if I jumped off a cliff.

                A cold violent wind woke me up from my day dream I looked down and realized I was only wearing a tank top and pajama pants with my slippers. I had to get inside it was freezing and the wind wasn’t helping. I listened to see if I could hear traffic but all I hear is the sound of night which is soothing. Well….kind of. The whole being alone in the woods at night isn’t very comforting but the sounds of the forest has never scared me even when I was four and Logan told me that if I went in the  woods a werewolf would get me. Okay that’s a lie I was completely freaked out but I wouldn’t let him know that. He would pick on me for the rest of my life especially if I told him I heard a wolf.

                Then I heard it, the sound of crunching leaves and I’ve seen and read enough horror movies and books to know its time to run like hell. So with out a second thought I did exactly that, not knowing where I’m going as long as I’m as far away from who ever that is here in the woods with me. I lose one of my slippers and then the other and kept going. I’ve never been the greatest runner but when you’re having an adrenaline rush I guess it doesn’t matter. I could barely feel the rocks and twigs going into my feet but I knew for a fact I’d feel it later. I heard the thing behind me getting closer, just when a really sharp stick jabbed into my foot, just my luck I’m running for my life and I get injured. I stumbled trying not to scream but a gasp escaped my throat.

That’s when he found me, while carrying both of my slippers. Maybe I shouldn’t have been running like that, he’s gorgeous, with his gray eyes, jet black hair, and deep tanned skin. He looked my age and his body said he has been working out the whole time. He looked at my feet and grimaced but his eyes showed concern. Which made me think, “Why I don’t even know you?” but another part said “Awww, now that’s sweet he has a mind not just a body.” Then he looked at my face with his concerned eyes but he must have saw something on my face that matched my first thought, because he went completely serious but something flashed in his eyes, regret, or anger?  But as soon as I saw it, it was gone.

“Are you alright, no of course your not, here let me help.”

His voice sounded vaguely familiar and it sent a shiver up my spine. I didn’t know what to say, he grabbed my foot and started pulling the stick out, which I never thought would hurt as much as it did so instead of screaming I gripped the ground and bit my bottom lip. He was being careful which was sweet but I wanted it out so I slapped his hand out of the way, which earned me a look of shock, and then I ripped the stick out while gasping for breath. I gritted my teeth and closed my eyes trying not to cry and when I opened them he was staring at me longingly.

“Why were you chasing me?” I said with my heavy breathing.

“I saw you and then you heard me and started running in the opposite direction of your house, by the way, so I was going to help you back but you kept running making yourself even more lost.” He said while watching me closely like I was going to hit him.

“Why are you on my property?”I asked, my breathing finally getting back to normal. “Oh and here’s a good question, who the hell are you?”

                His eyes showed hurt and that made me think, “Oh my god I have a stalker.”, but then I thought, “Maybe I hit my head.”, but I don’t think I could forget this guy. He watched my face and when he realized I wasn’t going to talk he did.

“You really don’t remember me?” He said and he must have read it off my face because I saw disappointment in his eyes. “My name is Simon Jerome, the reason I’m here I can’t tell you right now because we have to get you home. Your parents will wake up and will realize you’re gone and call the police.”

“No we don’t want that do we because then they’ll find you and arrest you for trespassing!” I said with a snarky attitude loaded with sarcasm.

“Yeah not getting arrested sounds good but you really should be getting home. You shouldn’t come out in the big bad forest, little girl. Princess I wouldn’t want you to break a nail.”He returned my sarcasm but gave me a big grin for my attitude.

“Oh stuff it; did you forget this is my land? I’ve lived her e my whole life and this forest may be big and bad but I’m not a little girl.” I said while staring daggers at him. “Oh and by the way my name is Morgan, not princess so drop it.”

“You think you can handle it out here? You couldn’t even run through here without hurting yourself so drop the tough girl act ‘cause you know it’s not working.”He gave me a serious face but his eyes gave him away they were laughing hysterically.

“Um, do you usually wake up in the middle of the forest, at night not knowing where the hell you are and then start running for your life in slippers?!” I screamed and he looked down apologetically. “Exactly! Then in the morning you go to tell your parents that you keep waking up in the woods and what do they say, ‘Oh honey you’re probably sleepwalking’ then have your older brother bag on you, calling you a freak. You have no idea what I’m going through. So SHUT UP!”

                 I had no idea why I was telling him this or that it upset me that much. I tried to stand up and go back home but putting pressure on my foot was not my smartest move. He saw my grimace of pain and with out even asking picked me up and cradling me against his chest and he started walking in the direction he said my house was I wasn’t going to argue because I was trying to suppress tears of frustration (and being in his arms wasn’t that bad either).

“I’m sorry you’re upset but I’m going to be honest the reason I’m here has to do with you and it’s not going to make you feel any better.”He said while his eyes were full of sorrow and then he looked down at me with eyes that looked right through me and they almost made me melt right then and there, but my foot hit a small tree branch and made me wince. “Sorry! I wasn’t paying attention, on a scale from one to ten how bad does it hurt?”

“About eight and a half, but I’ll be okay. I’ll get to keep my foot.”I said with a smile that felt like more of a scowl.

“I’m sorry that earlier I startled you and made you run, this would have never happened.”He said, his eyes showing regret and compassion.

“No it never would have happened if I wasn’t in the woods in the first place. I have this feeling that I’m not sleepwalking and no one believes me so I’m not even going to try to convince them.” I said keeping my eyes locked on his face. Then I remembered, “Why should I remember you?”I said quietly and then he stumbled and I wrapped my arms around his neck to keep my balance, which surprised him and quickly he looked at me like he was going to kiss me and then he swept it away so I wouldn’t see it.

“I’ll explain another time.”He said with a lot of emotion in his voice and it felt familiar again.

“Please, there is something that is familiar about you and it’s really frustrating.” I said while trying to see his reaction.

“Another time.”He said and looked at me with eyes that were begging me to understand.

                Then we reached the end of the forest and I looked up to see the moon. It took my breath away it was full and round like a beach ball but it shined a golden color. I’ve always loved looking at the moon and the stars they are the one thing I know that truly don’t fake their beauty. I’ve always thought that the moon would be better to wish on rather than a star. It just feels more magical to me there is only one not a million little twinkling things.

                Then I felt something strong and looked to see Simon staring right at me with eyes that said more than I can describe. He smiled and looked at the moon, while I kept my eye on him. The moon light was making his skin glow, and his hair shine. He looked like a dark magical warrior. He must have felt me staring (drooling) ‘cause he turned to me and gave me a really cocky smile like one of the ones a guy from school would give me but it was ten times better. It lit up his face and I hopefully didn’t show a thing on my face about the way I was feeling. But when I saw his smile grow I knew my face betrayed me.

                Why was I feeling this connection with him? I just met him ten minutes ago, or was he telling the truth and I forgot him? I don’t know but being in his arms like this made the connection grow even more and I wanted to get away before anything happened.

“Do you think you could put me down? I think I can walk from here.” Since my house was only twenty feet away.

“Are you sure?”He said still wearing that cocky smile.

                But I guess he didn’t notice that I was gripping my slipper tighter because when I hit him on the back of the head he had a look of shock on his face but then he bust out laughing. Then he tried to gently set me on my now slipper covered feet. I winced and he looked like he was going to pick me up again so I shook my head and he reluctantly dropped his arms.

“So when am I going to learn the real reason you’re here?”

“Well are you sure you just don’t want to know when you’ll see me again?”

“Oh yes that’s it I wanted to know when I’m going to see my trespasser again.” I said with sarcastic tone.

“You never know some girls think that’s hot having a guy sneak onto there property.”

“Well that may true for some girls, but not me.” Wow I’m lying through my teeth.

“Sure, then why can’t you say that without smiling? I think you actually are truly attracted to me.”

“Keep telling yourself that.”

“Oh don’t worry I can tell by the look on your face.”He said and I wasn’t the only one with a readable face.

“Well then if you won’t tell me the reason you’re here than goodbye Simon.” I said while taking a step towards my house. Then I heard him taking a step to but he stopped.

“Goodnight Morgan, and do me a favor don’t go in the woods by yourself.”

                That made me turn around because of my stubbornness I get from my Dad. “Well I can’t promise you that ‘cause well I don’t know why I shouldn’t go in the woods.”

 “Please I don’t want to turn on my TV and find a picture of you and hear Tina Newton saying that you’re missing. Just stay out of the woods and heal that foot.”He said with a kind smile.

“All I want to know is why you’re here and why I can’t go in my own woods?”

“Fine I’ll tell you tomorrow, meet me at Johnny Beans Café at 6:30.”He said with a whisper like someone was watching us.

“I’ll be there but if you aren’t there at 6:30 I’m leaving and well the woods will probably look great to me because I usually go in there to calm down.”I said in my normal voice and then he gave me a look to be quieter. “Why?” I whispered but the intensity was the same if I screamed it.

“We need to be careful, he might still be here.”He said looking at me protectively.

“Who?” Then I felt a presence like when I know guys are watching me practice in my sports bra. Simon must have felt it too because he tensed and his face got angry.

“Go inside I’ll explain later.” He looked at me pointedly so I knew he was talking about the Café.

“Okay.” I said and then whispered so only he could hear me, “Be careful.”

“Always,” He said and I said “and Forever.” Which confused me and he turned to look at me with eyes of hope which made me even more confused.

 “Goodnight Simon.” I said quietly.

                Then I started limping towards the house and I could still feel his eyes on me protectively. I saw that my front door was wide open and walked up the steps, and inside my house was drowned in darkness. I don’t think it’s ever been so dark, my mom always has at least one light on, or the plug in night light in the hall way is usually on, but when I looked it was plugged in it just wasn’t working and it was brand new. “Cheap.” I thought. I went into the bathroom to check out my foot, and realized that the stick went in a little less than a half an inch deep. I cleaned it with alcohol ‘cause we were out of peroxide which made it burn to the point where I screamed, “Damn it!” That’s usually the point when my smart a*s dad comes in and says its working but I can’t let them even know about my foot. I wrapped my foot with a gauze and was about to go to my room when I caught a reflection of myself in the mirror, and I said, “S**t.” When I saw the leaves tangled in my long, wavy, dark brown hair and my now blood shot, almost black eyes. As I was pulling the leaves out I looked at my face in the mirror and saw a 17 and a half, (yes I’m that immature), year old girl, with an average Cherokee tan, but she had dark circles under her eyes that not even a $100 cover-up could take care of. I also saw full, normally a light rose color, lips but they were so red from biting them to conceal the pain.

                After I got all the leaves out of my hair I splashed some lavender on my face and went to bed. Hopefully I’ll wake up in my own in the morning. As soon as I laid my head on my pillow I was lost in a dreamless sleep.        



© 2010 fantasyluver2


Author's Note

fantasyluver2
So this is the first chapter let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing, brilliant, attention holding! That's just to sum it up in a few words. You caught my attention from the first sentence to the last word. Great work! I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and I await more. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! A very intense write! I really liked the concept behind this first chapter, and the way in which you established a sense of mystery and suspense, which will no doubt culminate as the story progresses. You definitely need to go back and proof-read, as there were quite a few mistakes in terms of missing punctuation/grammar, but other than that, this was a fantastic write. Vivid imagery, and a captivating narrator. Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my god this story is really good i love it..

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2010
Last Updated on October 21, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2