Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by fantasyluver2

Chapter Seven

 

 

                As I was leaving my last class I thought ‘Thank God I will never have to see his face again.’ But of course I got tapped on the shoulder and turned to see none other than the guy I didn’t want to see, Mark.

“Hey I just wanted to wish you luck for the game, and to tell you I’ll be there to see what everyone is talking about when they say you have skill.” He said and he stilled had his hand on my shoulder and it felt like it was burning right through my shirt to my skin. He was checking me out when said this and I felt completely disgusted.

“Alright thanks, and I hope you enjoy seeing me kick some Bolt a*s.” I said walking away.

                As soon as I got into the locker room I relaxed and got pumped. Girls were painting their faces, some were stretching, and others were just talking about how they were ready to get their name in the schools hall of fame. I went to my locker and pulled out my jersey and shorts. I got dressed and then I did my routine for games I put on face paint by taking black and smearing it on my cheeks then I my red, orange, and yellow to make flames at the corners of my eyes then I put my hair up in a high ponytail. I got my soccer sock and pulled them on over my shin guards and then tied my cleats on. I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins and I was ready for battle.

“Alright I don’t know about you guys but this Rocket is about it explode!” I said standing on the bench and screaming to my teammates. I got a response that was more impressive than all the other games everyone was screaming then stomping their feet in unison.

“So what are we going to do sit here waiting for them to claim our field or do we take the title?!” I screamed

“Take it all or nothing!” They all said together.

“Then let’s get out there and show the Bolts what these Rockets can do!” I said and jumped off the bench and charged out the door with my team.

                When we got out there the bleachers were packed and our music was blaring over the speakers, we started doing our warm-ups. The cheerleaders came to our game and were trying to get the crowd going but they were having a little bit of trouble so I went to Jamie to tell her my plan. She went and got in the goal and I took three balls and threw them all in the air. I jumped and kneed one higher shot it in to the goal then did the same with the other but on the third one I hit it with my head to make it go even higher and I did a hand spring and shot the ball in as hard and as fast I could. The crowd erupted in cheers and I turned around and put my hand up to cup my ear so they would scream and cheer louder, they did. I smiled and gave them two thumbs up.

“Captain Graystone, come here please!” The coach screamed over the crowd. I ran over to her and grabbed my water bottle.

“You have had an amazing season and I wouldn’t mind if we lost tonight because I know we made it this far. Also I don’t think you should do anymore of those gymnastic moves because I want you playing soccer not in the hospital.” She said all this with a serious face and I saw pride in her eyes.

“Well coach it has been a good season but I will not be happy at all if we lose tonight I take all or nothing. I’m not going to hurt my self doing tricks and if it makes you feel better I won’t do anymore and I’m going to do everything in my power to make sure we win this game.”I said with so much force I was shaking and I think my eyes were blazing and by the look on my coach’s face I was sure they were and she got the biggest smile on her face.

“That’s what I wanted to hear! Go get them and take it all!” She screamed while I ran back to the field.

“Alright girls bring it in!-I said and they all huddled around me- This is it girls and I’m not going to let some snobby prep school take what we deserve so play with your heart out there and we will conquer! On three ‘all or nothing’, One, Two, Three….. ALL OR NOTHING!”

                Then we all went back to bench, got drinks and waited for our battle to begin. The Bolts were sitting on the other side of the field in their gold and yellow uniforms, some had painted lightning bolts on their face but no all like my team did. I was proud of my girls and I was ready for this I wanted this so bad I could taste it. ‘You couldn’t be anymore ready than you are now.’ I turned to look at the crowd they were all cheering and talking I saw my family and started laughing. Lissa’s family was with mine and they all painted their faces the same as mine my Dad and Uncle had their shirts off and had rockets painted on their chest. My Dad saw me, smiled and cheered louder my Uncle caught on and they started having a contest on who could be louder, Lissa won. Then I heard the best I have ever heard, the beginning whistle blow I ran out to my position as forward and sized up my opponent as she did the same to me. She was smaller than me but she was most likely fast so I kept that in mind.

                The ref said he wanted a clean game, put the ball into position and blew the whistle, I was off. Running hard and steady with the ball I was in a completely different world, I couldn’t anything other than the girls on the field as they were keeping up with me. I saw Chloe open and passed it to her and pushed forward, as a girl got on Chloe’s back she passed to Sabrina, then her and I kept passing it back and forth I got close enough for the shot and took it. The ball crashed right into the net and I ran back to my position.

                The ball was theirs and we were running down the field after them, and we got the ball back but it was after they scored a goal against Jamie she looked furious and I didn’t think she was going to allow another ball past her if her life depended on it. They got the ball again and Jamie saved us and I ran for all I was worth when she booted it down to the other end. Daniel got the ball and went with and scored a goal. Then the Bolts matched us with one of their own so it was 4 to 4 and then they scored. We all got mad and stormed the field and scored another two goals.

They tied with us after I sat out, when I was on the bench I got the worst anxiety ‘cause I felt helpless and usually would get up and start pacing but not this time I had both my hands shared with my teammates and had grip that was stopping blood flow but they did the same. We all watched that ball as if our eyes were hypnotized on it, we couldn’t look away even if we tried.

I finally went back in and we were down one goal, 12 to 11, I made a silent oath to put every drop of energy into this game. I had the ball and I almost got there but I got elbowed in the face to the point where I could feel the blood flowing out of nose. The whistle was blown and my coach tried to pull me out but I wiped my nose on my jersey and narrowed my eyes on the Bolts girls who was the cause of my nose bleed and ran forward……..and took my free shot and met the net swing from the impact of the ball being cradled. So we were all tied up and there was 37 seconds left on the clock, I was determined to win.

We stole the ball from them and we did our in and out move that we all came up with in practice. The three of us ran through the middle of the field, I was on the far right Zoey had the ball in the middle of Chloe and I, then we all split up and I ran farther right but I swerved my path through the players and then I was open Zoey passed to me as soon as she could but she booted it too high in the air and it went towards my head so I butted it over the player in front of me and got around her to sprint the ball and shot the ball so hard I fell with the force.

The ball just edged into the goal and I heard Sabrina scream “GOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!” I fell back and to lay down with a huge smile on my face. The girls ran over to me and shocked me by picking me up and screaming “WE TOOK IT ALL!” I was laughing and trying not to fall, they finally put me down and I led them to the other team and we all said our ‘good games’ to each other.  Then everyone started dancing, doing kart-wheels, and screaming in the middle of the field celebrating the first championship win in over 10 years.

“You did it kiddo! That was the best game I’ve seen sensei played!” My Dad said picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

“That was an awesome game, sis. Oh and how’s the nose?” Logan said smirking as my Dad put me down.

“Completely worth it.” I said that is our motto for when we get hurt in anything. Then I was tackled by my something blonde and I saw it was Lissa.

“I knew you would kick a*s! Ewww you’re all sweaty and you have a blood stain on your jersey!” She said and backed away; I laughed and turned to the rest of my family. I saw my Aunt Kristy and Uncle Cameron and winked.

“Told you I would win.” I said as I walked up to them.

“Did you actually think she wouldn’t win? Come on look at her home life.” My Dad said and I giggled.

“We never doubted her but I don’t think her winning had anything to do with you.” My Uncle said

“Oh really than how did she do it?” My Dad asked and rolled his eyes.

“With natural skill, practice, and caffeine from my coffee shop.” He answered with a full blown laugh.

“I did need that coffee after practice so my Dad could make me better after I got home with practice. So you’re both right, lets go eat I’m starving.” I said walking away then added “Dinners on Logan!” But I had to run ‘cause he was chasing me while I was laughing hysterically.

………….

                Once we got into my favorite restaurant, I saw that a lot of the players came to the local diner to celebrate. I was so happy that we won the game; I’ll only be surrounded by good news with the announcement of the baby, the game, and Simon. Simon, how does he keep popping into my head? Is really going to show up or was it another cover? But he came to me; he followed me in the woods. What does it mean, does he want to actually tell me something or is he using my land for something and trying to cover it up? ‘They say a girl’s mind is a dangerous place, but yours is just plain scary.’ How many questions can a girl come up with for a situation? ‘Now I get why guys find girls chatterboxes, they never shut up even in their minds.’

                Any way it was time to enjoy all this good news, so I sat down with my family and relaxing into ordinariness which felt surprisingly good to just be dare I say it normal. I felt good; I felt whole having everyone I loved around me and having no stress. Then Jamie came up to us with one of the biggest smiles on her face and with her was a red-face laughing Chad.

“I thought for sure you were going to jump that girl who jacked-up your nose. Chad and I were just talking and the look on your face during the game made it look like you were going to rip her head off but I guess you have better self-control than we thought.” She said still giggling.

“Yeah, when she did it your eyes went to full blood lust I could have swore you were going to get taken off the field.” Chad said chuckling and checking out Jamie his eyes were lit up at the sight of her.

“I thought I was but I thought if I won the game it would justify a punch in the face.” I said laughing

“She gets her self-control from me. If it was you on the field you would have beat the crap out of her and end up losing the game.”My Mom said to my Dad.

“Sure she can have your self-control because she has my amazing soccer talents. Oh by the way good game Jamie that save in the last 10 minutes was amazing!”My Dad said

“Thanks but Morgan owned that field and took all!”Jamie said to the whole diner and she was joined with around of cheers while I smiled.

“Way to go fellow Rockets we’ve blasted the chances of the Bolts winning out of this solar system!”I said standing up to cheer with the diner and I was awarded with screaming agreements.

“Seriously you guys were amazing to night and I can’t wait to see what you have in stored for next season. How are you going to top that?”Lissa said looking amused

“We now qualify to go out of state next year if we win Championships, and if I’m captain again next year that’s what I’m going to be aiming on.” I said

“Of course you’ll be captain next year, who are we going to get to replace the person who put the Rockets in their rightful place at the top?!”Jamie screeched

                I smiled then looked at my family who looked proud of me, my Dad had his arm wrapped around my shoulders and was smiling for all he was worth. “No one is going to be able to that it’s my daughter she is the best.” He said while squeezing his grip on me.

“Don’t you think you are a little biased?” I asked with sarcasm

“I’m allowed to be biased sense it is my kid that is what parents wait for all their life so they can say things like a ‘chip off the old block’ or ‘the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree’. Seriously I bet you to go ask every one of these parents are thinking the same thing; that their child is the best in some way, shape, or form.” My Dad said gesturing to the diner, he laughed with his brother and I saw the look on my Aunt’s and Uncle’s face every time he heard the word ‘parent’. My Uncle stood up and raised a glass to me, which I smiled to in return. Jamie noticed he was about to say something to the family decided it was time for her and Chad to leave so she nodded to me and did just that.

“Kristy and I completely agree Parents are allowed to be biased and I know that soon we are going to bragging about the little guy or gal coming in 9 months.” He emphasized on ‘parents’ and ‘9 months’.

                My Dad leapt out of his chair and grabbed my Uncle in a spine crunching hug. ‘Man I’m glad I’m not him those hurt like hell.’ My Mom screeched a high pitched ‘Congratulations’, grabbed Kristy and hugged her tight. While my brother on the other hand had a smile on his face but he was looking at me like he wanted to ask me something.

“What?” I finally asked getting annoyed with the staring.

“I’m wondering why you aren’t as excited about hearing that we are getting a new cousin in the family.” He replied and I wanted to punch him in the face. ‘God, did he notice everything!’

“Seriously Logan you should consider being an investigator if you’re going to look at things so closely, you and your sister both are good at figuring things out. She came by yesterday after practice like normal and noticed that we were acting different so we told her but made her swear not to say a word, even to Lissa.” My Aunt Kristy explained pointedly looking at Lissa who blushed and mumbled something along the lines saying she could keep a secret.

“Sense when have you ever kept your big mouth shut?” Logan scoffed obviously hearing her.

“It’s strange how she said to tell know one yet she didn’t tell a nobody like you!” Lissa came back with in my brother’s face which I high fived her for.

“I am a Graystone and that means that I’m part of this family and sense I last checked you weren’t part of.” Logan crossed the line then so I had to get involved.

“She has been more of a sister to me than you a brother! Oh and she has seen more of our family lately then you have so why don’t you check yourself to see if your really part of this family.” I said and huffed out my breath to try and calm down.

“Hey cool down kids we are all just joking around here no need to fight.”My Uncle said

                I looked at Logan and could see anger but there was something else there guilt, maybe? I was harsh but I didn’t think he would actually feel bad about what I said. Logan is definitely maturing in my eyes even though he can still act like a little boy, but all adults are children at heart.

“Sorry, Big Bro.” I said and smiled at him to try and make him feel better. I guess he wasn’t expecting that ‘cause he looked at me shocked and smiled; not a teasing smile either it was a real one.

“Me too, Little Sis.” He said and shocked me again by giving me a hug which I of course responded to.

“Awww now that’s sweet you guys are cute when you get along.” Lissa said smiling. I looked at Logan and both of us turned on Lissa with our scariest death glares, she actually looked terrified. I looked at him again and we both burst out in laughter at her face.

“You looked like you were going to pee yourself Lissa.” I said in between giggles

“I like it better when you guys are fighting or you guys gang up on me and one Graystone is enough to deal with.” She said and looked at the rest of the two families who were laughing around the food they were attempting to eat.

“Yeah well mess with one and you mess with all of us.” I said finishing the most interesting dinner I’ve had in awhile.

……….

                After celebrating with my family about the game and the baby we finally came home where I ran up the stairs to take a fast shower before I went to see Simon. As I was getting my clothes before I jumped into the shower I noticed I had a ring around my wrist like I was wearing a bracelet while tanning. I don’t remember the last time I wore a bracelet, maybe it was a hair tie or something. I don’t care, so I picked out what I was going to wear it had to be comfortable, durable, and still look decent. ‘Why do you care it’s not like you’re going to date? He has already seen you in your pajamas and in drenched clothing so what does it matter?’

                I guess it didn’t matter but still, so I decided I was going to wear my Adidas sweat pants, a long sleeve t-shirt with a fleece over it, and my converse. I wasn’t going to wear his hoodie when I was going to see him so I decided that I’ll just bring it to him.

                After I got out of the shower I dried my hair and put it in a pony tail, then I put on some eye liner and mascara. Then a thought occurred to me; what if he doesn’t show like last time? ‘Wow just thinking about this after you made yourself all dolled up?’ How could I be so stupid as to not think about this before? He said he would come but what does his word mean now? ‘Nothing, absolutely nothing.’ Well he does have to get back his hoodie. ‘Oh yes I’m sure that a guy has never used bribery to promise something.’ That’s true but I said I would give him a second chance so I will, but this time I’m not going to show up on time.

                It was 10 o’clock right now and this is the time he wanted to meet so I decided I would take a little longer lacing my shoes and maybe I would go get a drink. So I snuck down stairs, past my parents bedroom where I knew they would stay for the rest of the night, and saw that my brother was heading out the door going to another party and right when the door shut I went to the kitchen. I grabbed my cell phone that I left on the table and headed for the sliding doors, after I looked at the clock which said it was 10:06. So now he will know how it felt to wait.

Then I mumbled “If he even is waiting out there,” and walked out hoping that the butterflies in my stomach would disappear once I know the truth.



© 2010 fantasyluver2


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2