Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by fantasyluver2

Chapter Four

         

 

“Are you happy now? You have proved yourself.” He said just as angrily as before. He still had his hand over my mouth and his arm around arms holding them to my waist. I looked around to see any way out of this but all I saw was dense forest and a little slice of the river was still visible. I looked at the ground to see if there was anything I could use as a weapon.

                Then his grip on me loosened and he took his hand off my mouth entirely. He turned me so I could see while keeping a hand on my shoulder. “I should slap him for that, but you know I think I’ll surprise him.” I turned and when I saw his face I wasn’t surprised when I heard his voice I knew who it was immediately, Simon. But this time he was pissed off and I almost lost my nerve, almost.

“Excuse me, but where do you get the right?! First of all you said to meet you at the café and when I was there you definitely weren’t, so I don’t want to hear it! Then you decide to chase me in my woods again! Oh and how exactly did you follow me, my path takes awhile to be able to follow?” I looked at him and I knew my eyes were blazing but surprisingly his were too.

“You don’t understand any of this,” He started but I cut him off.

“Well what do you expect, how am I suppose to understand if I was never told anything?!” When I looked at him this time I saw sympathy and that fueled my anger.

“Don’t look at me like that! All I have been thinking about is if I should turn you in or not and when you didn’t show up that made it clear that you were just saving your own neck! Do you know how stupid that makes me feel?!” I said and that’s when I realized I was crying. It had been so long sense I cried I forgot what it felt like.

“Please don’t cry I would have been there but I had family problems I had to handle. If I could have been there I would have.” He said and it looked like he wanted to scoop me up in his arm right then and there, but he didn’t. I scrubbed away the tears with the back of my hand ferociously.

“That’s funny ‘cause I don’t think I can believe you.” I said while looking away.

“Well I don’t know how to prove myself but when I figure it out, this will all be fixed and we can be togeth-,” he stopped in mid sentence but I already knew what he was saying he started to say ‘together’ and when he said it my heart leaped into my throat, I couldn’t speak “we can trust each other again.”

                I looked away because I thought the emotion would show on my face but he took it wrong. “Please believe me I didn’t mean to loose your trust. Listen I’ll figure out how to prove myself, I promise.” He basically was begging now and then he did something that shocked me he grabbed my chin and made me look at him. “Please!”

                He had so much emotion on his face and in his voice I almost dropped right then and there. Surprisingly I kept standing strong even though on the inside I felt like I was going to fall into his arms and trust him automatically. “Plus if that did happen you might get close enough to kiss him.” My mind added slyly, which I almost blushed at for even thinking.

“I don’t know if I should but I will give you one more chance and if you are a psycho then obviously that isn’t going to work.” I said with a laugh that sounded distraught even to my ears.

“I’ll take that deal.” He said with a sheepish smile.

                This was the exact moment our eyes met and we both gasped. We just stared at each other examining every inch of each other. I probably looked like a mess in my drenched jersey and sweat pants, my hair was in knots I was sure. I was shivering a little bit because it was cold but when those intense, icy, grey eyes looked at me I felt like I was going to start convulsing. I looked at him and saw that he was wearing a plain white T-shirt and athletic shorts and I thought, “He must be freezing.” Then I thought, “With a body like that I don’t think you can be anything other than HOT!”  That time I actually the color rise in my cheeks. I looked at his shirt that was showing every perfect muscle on him, his arms were solid and the sleeves looked like they would rip if he flexed just even slightly. I all the sudden had a flash in my head of Simon and I but his arms were around my waist pulling me closer to him till we kissed. My blush increased until it felt like my whole face was warm and I thought it was going to be clearly visible even in just the light of the moon shining through the branches so I looked at my so shoes.

“Oh I for got how is your foot?” He said when he noticed me looking at my feet. I was startled by his voice so I sort of jumped. I t was really embarrassing and my blush deepened, “I never blush and this guy is making me look like a tomato.”

“Its fine, it’s only a little sore.” Well that’s what I tried to say but my teeth were chattering horribly so what I actually said sounded more like “Itttss ffine, iiitts only a littttlle sorrre.” 

“You must be freezing, here take this.” He picked up a hoodie that was on the ground by his feet that I didn’t notice and handed it to me.

“Thhanks.” I said and put on the oversized warm hoodie that smelled like a camp fire and home. I wrapped my arms around myself and my teeth slowly stopped chattering.

“Aren’t you freezing? You are barely wearing anything.” I realized what I said after and thought “Wow is that such a crime; look at him for god sakes.”

 “No I’m toasty warm, but you just went into the river in the middle of fall. So obviously a person as small as you, is going to be a little cold.” He said with a sarcastic smile.

“Excuse me, but I’m not that small, I’m 5’8.” I said while looking down at myself and then back at him.

“Is that supposed to be tall? I’m 6’6; you’re not that big to me.” He said and that cocky smile I saw last night returned to his face.

“Well it’s a pretty good height for a girl my age.” I said in my best parent voice. He laughed and it felt like the clouds were opening up to me to show me the moon for the first time.

                He leaned against a tree while smirking at me not in a cynical way but a nice way like if you were remembering something his eyes looked like they were miles away but they found mine looking at him and his cocky smile returned. “Oh no what have I gotten myself into?”

“I know you want to keep staring at me, but you should probably head home so you don’t get sick not even you can beat the common cold.” He was showing off his perfect teeth through his cocky smile that I was enjoying very much but put me slightly on defense which I did not enjoy at all.

“I wasn’t staring at you I was wondering why the hell I am even let you talk to me?” I said and his smile grew before he responded.

“You know you will never find anything better than my sexy self, so you stick around to keep taking nibbles of this eye candy.” He said while raising one eye brow at me suggestively and I would have been all over him but then I thought he was just playing with me.

“Sorry I don’t like the taste of an arrogant a*s.” I said and turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm and turned me back towards him.

“Can you do me favor and spend the night somewhere other than your house?” he said with his face completely serious.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously

“It would make feel better to know you’re away from the woods. So I don’t have to worry about something happening.”He said and his face was only a few inches away from mine. I released the breath I didn’t realize I was holding.

“Why would something happen? Is there someone else trespassing other than you?”

“What? No, I’m the only one here but that might change.” He said and I could feel his breath on my face and his breath smelled like peppermint.

“Why would that change? Why are you here?”

“I’ll explain latter I don’t want to talk about it right now.” He said and I thought “Well there isn’t a subject I really want to talk about, but I know another way we can keep our lips moving.”

“Well you said that last night and that’s why we were supposed to meet but someone didn’t show up to give said information.” I said and immediately thought about how I felt when I realized he wasn’t showing up.

“I’m sorry, but there was nothing

I could do it was a family emergency.” He said and the entire world disappeared and all I could see was his face that I think had gotten even closer.

“I understand but when are you going to tell me? I won’t be home till like 9:30 tomorrow I have my Championship game and then a party at the café.” I didn’t realize I gave him so much information until after it was out and I couldn’t take it back.

                He started smiling when he realized I slipped up, he was still really close to me and I felt comfortable which shouldn’t be the case. I realized he had slid his hand down to mine and he was lightly touching my fingers. I wanted to grab his hand and close the space between us but I knew that was crazy to even think about.

“Well…why don’t you meet me in your back yard at around 10 and then I’ll tell you everything.” He said and gave me a cute little excited smile.

                I returned his smile and backed away and turned to leave for the second time and stopped to say, “I’ll be there, bye Simon.”, then I continued walking home with a smile on my face.

………….

I reached my front door and grabbed my bag while my parents pulled into the drive way carrying grocery bags. I ran upstairs before my parents could see my drenched clothes. I changed into some flannel pajama bottoms and remembered that I was wearing Simon’s hoodie. I didn’t want to take it off but I did so I could change my shirt but I quickly put it back on after.

Then I thought about when Simon asked me to spend the night somewhere away from my house, I never did agree but I thought “What the hell, why not?” So I grabbed my cell and texted Lissa.

HEY, I NEED HELP STUDYING FOR THE SPANISH EXAM CAN I SPEND THE NIGHT AT YOUR HOUSE?

She knew that I didn’t really need help studying and probably thought that Logan was bugging me so when she texted me I wasn’t surprised.

I TALKED TO THE ‘RENTS AND THEY SAID THAT IT’S FINE AS LONG AS WE AREN’T UP TOO LATE ‘STUDYING’.

                I was about to go down stairs but then I thought about his hoodie I was wearing and what my mom would say to it knowing that it isn’t mine so I took it off, brushed the knots out of my hair and went down stairs. I got into the kitchen and they were finishing putting the groceries away. I looked at them and I thought about how much I looked like them. My Mom had the same wavy brown hair, long legs, and figure as me. Where as I have my Dad’s dark almost black eyes, tan skin, and straight nose. They were awesome parents and they looked young for parents who had a 19 year old son and a 17 year old daughter. My friends on the soccer team gawked at my Dad when they saw him for the first time; they said he had a mature, hot-guy thing going for him. I yelled at them and told them they better not talk about my Dad again like that.

“Oh hi honey, how was practice today?” My Mom asked when she saw me standing there.

“Good I think tomorrow will be victorious.” I said and sat down at the counter.

“Well of course, with you being captain there is no way those Bolts stand a chance.” My Dad said rolling his eyes and smiling.

“That’s obvious; I was wondering how much I have to beg to spend the night at Lissa’s house to study for a huge Spanish exam?” I said with my eyes pleading.

“Morgan it’s a school night I don’t think you should be going out.” My Mom said

“Mom, were studying this exam is huge and she needs help studying. Please she feels like she’s going to bomb it and wants my help. Her parents said that lights are out at 11. So we won’t be up late.” I looked at her and even put out my lip just a little bit so they would crack and it worked.

 “Okay but you better not be up late remember your game is tomorrow.” My Mom said

 “Thank you.”I said

“I’ll drive you over there so you don’t have to walk.” My Dad said while jingling his keys.

“Thanks Dad I’ll just go pack my stuff.” I ran up the stairs to get my stuff and texted Lissa that I would be there in five minutes. I grabbed all my clothes and gear for tomorrow, and shoved his hoodie in my bag. I picked up everything I needed and then started thinking about after my game and the party how I would get to see Simon again. I swear he was going to kiss me and I wanted him to kiss me but still I don’t know if he is a chainsaw murderer or not. I don’t think he is, I think he is capable to kill someone but I don’t think he would do it unless he had to and I don’t think he would kill me. He looks at me as if I mean the world to him I don’t think he would kill me. “Unless it’s an act, stupid.”

                 I ran back down stairs and my Dad was already in the car, so I said goodbye to my Mom and that I would see her at my game tomorrow, and then I ran to the car. My Dad had the car started when I got in and I looked at him and he was drumming his fingers to the music playing.

“Do you want to get rid of me or something?” I laughed at him.

“Maybe I want to go to bed.” He said while trying to keep a straight face but he failed. I’m a lot like my Dad, we have the same dry sense of humor and we both love being outside doing something. I’m his baby girl but he knows I can hold my own and stand up for myself.

“I’ll see you tomorrow and if I don’t see you before the game, good luck kiddo.” My Dad said while giving me a peck on the cheek.

“Thanks Dad, love you bye.” I said and ran up to Lissa’s door, then walked right in.

“Morgan! Hi sweetie how are you, we haven’t seen you in a while.” Lissa’s Mom hugged me as soon as I walked in, I love her parents they are so nice. Lissa came running down stairs wearing an organic home made mask and I bust out laughing. Her hair was pulled back in curlers and her nails were wet so she was holding them away from everything.

“Oh I don’t want to hear it from you because you’re next.” Lissa said while pointing a bright purple finger nail in my face.

“Oh really why would I need to do all of that if I’m just going to sweat it all off in my game.” I said still laughing hilariously.

“Well I guess you’re going to look amazing in school and be refreshed for your game.” She said and motioned for me to follow her upstairs with her hand. I followed and nodded at her parents dragging my bag. As soon as I got in the room she grabbed my arm and threw me into a chair all without ruining her nails.

“So what’s going on at home that you wanted to come here for?” She said and started playing with my hair.

“Wow I’m offended I can’t just come spend the night at my friend’s house.” I said and added the dramatic eye roll.

“Sorry, so what are you doing here?” She said in a sweeter voice and I laughed.

“I was bored at my house and I thought that this meant I didn’t have to wake up early for you to pick me up for school.” I quickly thought up sense I wasn’t going to tell her the truth that some stranger named Simon Jerome decided I shouldn’t be at my house tonight.

“Oh I’m so glad I’m here for your entertainment. What color do you want on your nails?” She said and grabbed my hands with a look of pride on her face, probably because she taught me how to take care of my nails.

“Um I’m thinking red with orange and yellow flames for my fellow rockets. I know you can do it sense you have done flames on your nails before.” I said while she started doing my nails.

“Okay that will be fun and you’ll be even hotter.” She said laughing. I snorted and she continued to do my nails. I thought about Simon’s hoodie and how much I wanted to put it on right now.

……………

                When we finally went to bed I chose to sleep her window sill and I started looking at the moon that was slowly decreasing in size. I thought about when Simon was holding me in his arms and the moon being the only light in the night. His face was illuminated by the golden glow and he looked completely gorgeous.

                I couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer and I fell into one of the most detailed dreams I’ve ever had. I was running, running down a street faster than I could ever imagine I didn’t know what from but I knew I had to keep going. I could hear the footsteps behind me keeping pace with me and I got that same gut- clenching fear that I felt around Mark. I heard screaming and then realized it was me, I turned to see who was chasing me and I saw a quick flash of pale in the street light and then darkness. I pushed myself to go faster and that’s when I heard the strong and powerful howl of a wolf. I felt comforted with something familiar, which is probably because of my heritage; the wolf stands for strength in my old tribe.

                I kept running until I saw my house and heard another howl and quickly turned towards the sound which was my woods I ran towards the sound. My chaser was following me into the forest and I kept running I couldn’t stop. I reached the falls and stopped I had no idea what to do so I did what popped into my head first. I ran back a little bit and jumped off the falls head first in a perfect dive into the deep, black, river. It was as cold as it was tonight, ice cold and when I surfaced the current from the falls was caring my body away down river and the cold was taking away my strength so it was getting harder and harder to keep my head above water or get back to shore.

                I felt myself start drifting under; something grabbed me and started pulling upwards. We surfaced and I started coughing up the access water, as soon as I had all the water out I looked at my savior. It was a huge jet black wolf, I wasn’t scared for some reason and then I saw the wolf’s eyes they were a startling grey. I didn’t realize I leaned in and the wolf’s face was inches from mine, then we both heard it someone screaming my name.

“Morgan come out, come out where ever you are.” The voice was creepy and familiar the wolf started growling low in its throat and pushed my shoulder with his muzzle to go behind him, so I did. Then the voice was right behind me and they grabbed me by the mouth and said “Found you, Morgan.”

“Morgan, wake up! Wake up, Morgan it’s a nightmare!” I woke up from Lissa shaking me. I was screaming and I had a cold sweat.

“I’m okay, I’ll be fine.”I said trying to convince myself.

“Do you want to talk about it or go back to sleep?” Lissa asked

“I’ll go back to sleep.” So I did, after about an hour of calming down, but this time it was a dreamless sleep and I stayed asleep for the rest of the night.    



© 2010 fantasyluver2


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that its a good story, so far but its only the beginning.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2010
Last Updated on October 22, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2