Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2

Chapter Two

 

 

“Loser get up, I’m not taking the blame if you miss the bus!” Logan screamed while he banged his fists on my door.

“I’m already up! So leave me the hell alone!” I lied but I didn’t care he’s not that important, he doesn’t deserve the truth.

I looked at my clock and the red numbers flashed 6:15 meaning I had a half an hour before I had to go out for Lissa to pick me up. Logan says I still ride the bus because Lissa has her parent’s old Volts Wagon van from their hippy days and its huge (and a piece of junk) but I won’t tell her that ‘cause she said it’s full of magic. I limped to my closet and pulled on my favorite dark blue jeans and my ACDC t-shirt, and ran a brush through my hair. Then I grabbed my duffel bag for soccer and went down stairs for breakfast.

Logan was scarfing down all the waffles so before he could grab the last one I jumped and grabbed it myself. Then I poured some milk, chugged it, put on my green converse and black leather sports jacket and ran out the door just as Lissa pulled up.

“Ello, ello, I see you’re looking sexy as ever.” She said in a fake British accent (she’s so dramatic).

“Thanks chap. You look pretty smashing yourself.” I said returning the accent while taking in her bleach blond hair with black streaks and the black minnie skirt with a long sleeve turquoise t-shirt with a black vest.

“Thanks love.” She said with the accent.

“Can we drop the accent please I’m so tired and my….head hurts.” I was about to tell her about my foot and everything that happened last night but something stopped me. Which was weird I tell her everything she’s my best friend and has been since she got here when we were eight and she moved in a block away. How come I felt like I shouldn’t tell her yet? When I thought about it I feel like I would be putting her in danger.

Then I remembered my foot again, I have soccer practice and that doesn’t end till 6:15 which would give me just enough time to go talk to Simon and get this straightened away.

“Hey you don’t need to pick me up from practice.” I tell her.

“Why are you finally falling for Dylan?” She said teasing.

“No way in hell! I’m just going to take your ‘save the planet advice’ and walk.”I said annoyed.

“I’m so proud of you! But are you sure, usually after practice you want to kill someone?”

“I’ll be fine, and if you ever even say the name Dylan I will use one of my kick a*s soccer moves on you.”

“Okay, okay.” She said laughing her head off. Dylan was the big shot at school and there are only a couple handfuls of girls that he hasn’t banged and I’ve always been at the top of his list for some reason. He’s a walking a*s and needs to be told “no” more often.

Speak of the devil and he will appear, as soon as we parked blond, tall, and annoying starts coming towards us. I will admit he is gorgeous with his spiked dirty blond hair and green eyes that supposedly ‘melt girls’, but to me they’re evil cat eyes looking for another mouse to play with. He’s the quarterback for the Kingsville Rockets, where as I am captain of the soccer team, but since he’s quarterback he’s the s**t. “Yeah right!” I thought as I mentally rolled my eyes.

“Good morning, lovely.” He said while his eyes traveled over my body.

“Buenos Dias, la cucaracha.” I said in my sweet voice.

He smiled and said “What does that mean?” typical I want to make an insult and he isn’t even smart enough to figure it out.

“It means ‘Good morning cockroach’ jeez how did you make it to Spanish 3?”

“Well what put you in a bad mood?”

“Your face! So if you want to keep it, I suggest you get out of mine.” I said while pushing him out of my way but he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me to him and that earned him one of my favorite kicks into his knee making him topple over.

“B***h!” He screamed.

“Such a flatterer Dylan, really that makes me feel special.” I said while walking away which earned me a few laughs and high fives from the people around us.

“Well this has been a very boring morning so far.”Lissa said walking next to me.

“Really I thought it’s been a very successful morning.”I said while we laughed together.

“Okay so I’ll see you third period?” I said

“Yeah I think I’ll actually stay today. Bye lover.” She said while heading to her own class. She usually just does her homework on the computer so she doesn’t have to come in but I’ve been bagging on her to come so she can go to the Halloween ball, you have to be in school for at least 25 days while most of us have that covered by now, she only has 14 days in. Halloween was only two and a half weeks away.

I sat at my assigned seat in homeroom which was only 15 minutes long, so I found it really stupid that we couldn’t choose our own seats.

“Good morning class, we will be having a new student join us today!” Mrs. Crachet said cheerfully (shocking). Her name may be Mrs. Crachet but everyone knows her as Mrs. Ecstatic. She’s always smiling and way to happy for that teachers salary she’s getting paid and one time Connor McFarley asked her if she was on crack and she said “No, but I’ve been having a really good life without it.” (You can draw your own conclusions from that).

“His name is Mark and I expect a big warm welcome for him when he gets here.” Mrs. E said

That’s when I first felt it a feeling of a terrible fear in the pit of my stomach, it made my skin crawl and prickle. Then he walked in and the feeling grew, especially when he gave me that wicked smile and looked directly at me. He had almost white, blond hair and his eyes were a weird brown that had an almost a red tint to them. He had a strong body but definitely not as big as Simon. Simon? Where had that come from? He just met me last night he shouldn’t already be popping into my head.

“Welcome Mark, I’m Mrs. Crachet your new homeroom teacher. Why don’t you tell us about yourself, or would you rather have the class introduce themselves?” Mrs. E said and he nodded towards the class.

“Okay, Morgan why don’t you start?”Mrs. E said smiling at me.

“My name is Morgan Graystone, I’m captain of the soccer team and I’ve lived in Kingsville all my life.” I said and sat back down. Marks eyes never left mine.

“Mark you’ll be sitting next to Morgan for a while.” Mrs. E said and I looked at her and something weird happened her eyes were empty like no one was there but they went back to her kind eyes in the next instant. “Freaky!”

“That’s fine with me.” He said while sliding into the seat next to me. Then the rest of the class introduced themselves and it was his turn.

“I’m Mark Greenstein, I just moved here from Texas, and I love playing basketball.” He said and I tried to ignore him but I could feel him looking at me. I looked at the rest of the class and realized all the guys were watching him even the goof-offs and some of the girls were lucky they weren’t drooling. Was I the only one who wasn’t in a trance?

Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggg! The bell rang which made everyone come back to reality. I was first one out the door and then I felt someone grab my elbow. I turned around to find Mark standing right behind me.

“Hi I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of my next class?” He asked with a sort of sheepish smile.

“Uh sure, let me see your schedule.” I said while taking it from his hand.

“Well…..we have 1, 2, 3 …all the same classes.” Then I thought, “We call this scary movie, stalker material.” This couldn’t be a coincidence the office wouldn’t do that.

“So then I guess we can walk together?” He suggested, I gave a short nod and we started to walk to class. I still had a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, and he kept giving me these sideways glances that said he wanted to do more together than just walk to class, that made my stomach feel even worse. How was I supposed to deal with him all day?

“I have to go to the bathroom; Mr. Becker’s room is right around the corner, the first room on the left. I’ll meet you in there later.” I said while quickly backtracking to bathroom and then I whipped out my cell phone and speed texted Lissa:

HEY 911 BATHROOM TOWARDS MATH WING ASAP

BE THERE IN 2 MINUTES   MRS. ZETA IS BEING WTF SELFL

K C U SOON

“What’s the emergency?!” Lissa said while barging in.

“You heard about the new kid?” she nodded “I’m getting this weird feeling around him.”

She smiled and said “You like him don’t you?”

“No! The complete opposite, I get this feeling of terror around him and get this, he has the same exact schedule as me. Admit it, that’s just plan freaky.” I said

“Yeah that is seriously creepy. Well what are you gonna do? You can’t change your schedule they stopped doing that last weak.” She said while wearing her seriously thinking face, that she came up with one day in Drama class.

“I have know idea what I’m going to do. It’s not like I can ignore him especially since he already is flirting and checking me out. This is just crazy! Oh and when he’s in the room it’s like everyone goes in a trance and stares at him. I can’t be with him all day, I can’t!” I said going into complete hysteria.

“Oh honey calm down. It’s going to be okay, we’ll figure it out. Hey when does soccer end?” She said while holding me in her arms.

“The Championship game is this Friday at 8. Why? What are you thinking?” I said with a quizzical expression.

“Well you can start doing school at home right after it’s over so you won’t have to see him do you think you can handle him for today and tomorrow?” She said with a smile because she thought she was a genius and solved my problem but I of course had to shoot that plane down.

“My parents won’t allow me to do that they say I would end up living with cats from not being around people.” I said with a snort.

“Yeah I know, so what you should do is I’ll pick you up in the morning and you can bring your lap top with you and we’ll just go back to my house!” She said with an even bigger smile than before. But this time I had one to return.

“That’s perfect! But as soon as I walk in that room I’m going to feel horrible again. He really does creep me out, but I’ll push past it and get through it, today is Thursday it won’t be long. I’ll try to be nice and see if maybe he isn’t as bad as my gut thought. Even though I doubt it was wrong. Oh and how are you going to miss school? You do want to go to the Halloween Ball? Right?” I said and she made a face that said she never thought about it, which is sweet that she would think about me instead of her favorite activity at school.

 “Well you can still go to my house and I’ll come home for lunch and I’ll come home fast so you won’t be as lonely. Not the greatest plan but it’s better than hanging out with a creeper all day.”

“Yeah, we better get back to class or we will get in major trouble.” I said while holding the door open for her.

“See you third period. Oh and remember just try to ignore him.”

“Yeah I got it don’t worry about me.”

                Well now that we have a plan I feel a little better, but our plan makes me feel like a coward. It’s because I am one, he’s just the new kid you’re not used to him yet. Yeah I’ll admit the whole same schedule thing is a little off but it’s not like he did it on purpose. The feeling in my stomach could just be because of the meeting with Simon and I might be a little bit nervous. “Yeah that’s it, keep telling yourself that so you don’t sound crazy.” Don’t you hate it when you start being sarcastic to yourself.

Simon, I wonder how that’s gonna go? I’ll be getting out of practice and still be in my sports stuff and reek of sweat. Yep that sounds very appealing. “Why do I care, it’s not a date?” A date, why would I even think that? This guy is probably just a trespasser and probably won’t even show. “What if he does?” I’ll probably have to pretend my drool is sweat coming off my lip. He is really hot, but I don’t know him so nothing is going to happen. “Well, why don’t you get to know him?” But, maybe I already do know him, he said I did but I just didn’t remember him. Well we’ll figure out if he meant what he said or not today.

“Why Miss Graystone it’s nice of you to join us.”Mr. Becker said

“Sorry, but I’m here now.” I said with an award winning smile and the class started laughing and it looked like Mr. Becker was having a hard time not smiling.

“Just take a seat Morgan.” He said and that’s when I knew I was off the hook.

                Then it hit me like a bulldozer going 150mph the feeling of a horror girl screaming in my stomach saying RUN. All I could do was take it and wait for the day to be over.

“Hey you should teach me how to do that some time.” A voice said directly behind me while breathing on my neck that made me shudder. I knew who it was before I turned around, Mark, smiling mischievously making my skin prickle.

“Maybe, if you’re lucky.” I said and turned back around to listen to Mr. Becker blab on and on about a bunch of random numbers. When the bell finally rang I got up and very casually rushed to the door to get some breathing room before he was right by me again. Apparently I wasn’t that casual.

“What are you running for, you that excited to get to class?” He said coming up behind me with a grin.

“I can’t be late with Mrs. Gorky she doesn’t fall for anything if you’re late.” I said while still walking at a good pace.

“Good to know I thought you were running from me.” He said and even though I couldn’t see him I knew he was smiling.

“No I don’t have a reason to be running from you.” I said and thought hopefully he would drop it but instead I get rescued from an unwelcome hero.

“Hey gorgeous I know you couldn’t help that physical display of affection. I get it don’t worry but I’m sure if you pulled that on someone else it would have been taken offensively.” Dylan said while jogging up to me.

 “Thanks Dylan you just helped me earn an ‘A’ in Health class. I was trying to prove that brain damage is more likely found in quarterbacks than in mentally impaled people.” I said with a sweet smile.

“Nice, not only can you out smart teachers but you can be a smart a*s to the football team’s best player.” Mark said while looking at Dylan trying to sputter a reply.

“What can I say, I’m very talented.”I said while walking into Mrs. Gorky’s, who is also known as Mrs. Grouchy. She is an evil English teacher, who absolutely hates anyone who plays sports. She once said to my class which is full of people who play sports that, “If you didn’t spend so much time running around on a field or court, throwing , and kicking things at each other you could all be the next William Shakespeare. But you don’t even know who that is do you?”, and of coarse being the smart a*s I am I said “You mean the dude who wrote Romeo and Juliet and Midsummer’s Night Dream? He talked funny.” That earned me a week worth’s of lunch detention and she has hated my guts ever since.

 “When I call your name say ‘here’ and raise your hand. If you say anything other than ‘here’ you will stay after for five minutes.” Mrs. Grouchy said starting the class.

“I see what you mean by not taking any crap.” Mark whispered sitting next to me.

“Miss Graystone, do you have something to say?”

“No maim, I was just listening for my name and Mark asked me what we were doing this unit.” I said using a poker face Lissa learned in Theater class.

“Nice save.” Mark said only so I could here. I gave him a nod of the head for an answer.

                Finally after dealing with her for 45 minutes the bell rang and I was going to third period Study Hall where I would get to talk to Lissa the whole time. Following me,  was Mark just like always and he was still giving me that feeling but now I was starting to get annoyed because when I sat down he sat right next to me. Then Lissa came and since her seat was taken she sat across from me.

“Hi I’m Lissa. Who are you?” She asked sweetly

“Mark Greenstein, it’s nice to meet you.” He said and gave her that evil grin that made my stomach quench. When I looked at Lissa her face didn’t show disgust but only someone who truly new her would be able to see the look in her eyes that said she was extremely freaked out. “Finally, I’m not the only one!” When I looked at Mark he looked like he didn’t notice, “Guess the acting classes are working”, I thought with a mental snort.

“So are you friends with Morgan?” He asked

“Yeah, we have been for a while.” Lissa said

“Through thick and thin.” I said with a sarcastic smile.

“Lets not forget all the creepy people we’ve met and dealt with if that doesn’t say friendship I don’t know what does.” She said laughing and I laughed too while giving her a meaningful look saying you’re cutting it awfully close.

“Yeah I used to have a friend like that but he died in an accident.” He said with a sad face but there was something in his eyes like a burning rage and as soon as I saw it, it disappeared and was replaced with his searching gaze again.

“Sorry.” Lissa and I mumbled and then we went to work in silence but the whole time I could feel him looking at me and I wanted to turn on him and punch him in the face.

                That’s how it went on all day and at lunch he sat with me and it carried on with him studying me under a microscope. When the last bell rang I wanted to scream out and kiss Mr. McKinley when he said class dismissed.

“See you tomorrow, Morgan!” Mark screamed down the hall as I ran for my life to the gym. 



© 2010 fantasyluver2


Author's Note

fantasyluver2
Okay i decided i'll post this one as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was an awesome second chapter! I really liked the way you portrayed the characters in this chapter, and thought that their personalities were really brought out through the dialogue. The way the characters interacted with each other felt so real and so genuine, and I felt myself being able to relate to them wholeheartedly, which made the situation very easy to visualise. Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was an awesome second chapter! I really liked the way you portrayed the characters in this chapter, and thought that their personalities were really brought out through the dialogue. The way the characters interacted with each other felt so real and so genuine, and I felt myself being able to relate to them wholeheartedly, which made the situation very easy to visualise. Nice work,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 21, 2010
Last Updated on October 21, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2