Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by fantasyluver2

Chapter Eight

 

 

As I was going towards the edge of the woods I saw that it was a clear night and you could see everything in the sky. The stars were so bright that I had to blink my eyes from staring so long at their beauty. I looked around the yard and saw that the fireflies were dancing around lighting up the forest like twinkling fairy dust. I saw my puppy, Jasper, sleeping on his walking line the fireflies were floating around him lighting up his chocolate colored fur. He was so cute and at peace I wish everything could be as simple as his life eat, sleep, and play. I was still so happy that we won and I was going to get a new baby cousin. ‘Oh and you might see Simon.’

Damn why does my mind always have it’s own two sense, I wonder if anybody else is like this or if I’m just insane. He said he would be here I hope that he did wait because he’ll know how it felt to be disappointed. I went to lie in the grass, just to see if he would actually come to me or if he was there at all. As I lay there the fireflies flew around me as if I didn’t exist, they were so magical as they lit up everything in their path.

Then I heard something coming from the woods and apparently so did Jasper because he got up to walk to the end of his line and started sniffing around. He must have recognized the smell because he turned around and went back to sleep. I was still curious so I went in to see what or who it was, but once I was in I didn’t hear anymore moving. So I kept moving heading for the falls to see if maybe it would follow me and if it did I would know it was Simon. So just for fun I started running, I had a lot of energy surprisingly; it felt like the woods had their own energy and was letting me soak it in with my feet to run faster. I had this weird urge to say ‘thank you’, I was running faster than I have ever run in my life including in my games. I felt like I was part of the wind, whipping through the forest ruffling all the leaves. Then I realized I was here, that was the fastest I’ve ever been able to get here and I don’t even remember going through all the steps to get here.

I looked at the water and sighed it was beautiful; I couldn’t imagine my life in some city where I would never be able to see anything like this unless I went on vacation. I can see myself growing up through all stages of life here at my house, in these woods, and at my water fall. My future husband will appreciate it too or he would just have to deal with the fact that I’m not leaving and I will buy this land off my parents to every last inch. This water fall was like a very close friend always calming me at my worst moments or protecting me. The mist from the falls was hitting my face like a familiar kiss, like it knew I was here and was welcoming me back. It seemed like everything in the forest was alive tonight, like it had a mind and soul of its own. I sat down next to the bank and was tempted to take off my shoes but I remembered how cold it was yesterday. Wow it was only yesterday and it felt like ages since I’ve seen this place ‘Or Simon’.

I ignored that last thought and just relaxed so I laid back then shut my eyes to listen to the sounds of night. Then I heard movement and twig that was screeching from the pressure being put on it, I kept my eyes closed and pretended that I didn’t hear anything.

“Enjoying yourself? I could have sworn that I said I would meet you in your yard not a night dash to the falls. Oh and I thought I said 10 o’clock but maybe I said 10:30.” He said and he sounded amused but slightly frustrated.

“Well sorry I guess I took a little longer than what I thought it was going to take and technically we are in my backyard, so I thought I would come here.” I said still with my eyes closed.

“Maybe if you were outside at the right time you would have seen me but you are a girl so I guess I can give you a little leeway.” He said in a sarcastic tone.

“You ended up having to wait? Oh my god I am so sorry at least when I was waiting I was in a café with food and drinks.” I said the same way with a hint of a growl.

“Alright how many times am I going to have to say sorry and that it was a family emergency?” He asked sadly. It sounded like he actually meant it so I forgave him but I wasn’t going to say to him just yet I think I will let him sweat it out a little bit.

“Hello? Are you still awake? Usually a question is replied with an answer.”  With an annoyed and slightly begging tone he replied. He sat down next to me and I could feel the heat radiating off his hand that was coming towards my shoulder like he was going to shake me awake. I opened my eyes to be met with grey ones that were laced with concern and warmth. We were looking straight into each others souls it felt like and I didn’t even mind, for some reason I was comfortable. Instead of putting his hand on my shoulder he put it down right next to it still keeping his eyes locked on mine.

                I decided that it was time I sat up but if I moved 5 or 6 inches I would be kissing him, ‘What’s so wrong with that?’, so I put my hand on his chest to push him up a little bit so I could move but as soon as I put my hand on his chest his eyes started burning with want while they were still focused on me. It made my stomach do kart wheels when I saw him looking at me like that but I still wanted to sit up.

“Could you please move a little?” I tried to say strongly but my voice betrayed me and it ended out breathy and hesitant.

“Are you sure you want me to?” He said with that cocky smile and his eyes still burning. I could feel his breath on my face now so it caused me to shiver slightly, which he noticed.

“Cold?” He asked with a raised brow.

“Freezing.” I replied and I thought I sounded like one of those bobble head flirts because I was perfectly fine. He looked like he liked my reply because very slowly started moving his hand that was by shoulder and started trying to move it under me. I let him and was watching his face the whole time, while he pulled me closer to him and into his embrace. So now he was supporting me with one arm and hesitantly he started bringing his other hand up and brushed a piece of hair that fell out of my pony tail. The strange thing was that even though he was babying me he was careful and I found it really cute that he thought I was fragile or something. I just kept looking at him while he started moving closer and I didn’t stop  him because something felt normal about this and he started looking at my eyes and then my lips like he was asking permission. So to answer his silent question I brought my hand to his cheek just as slowly as he was moving and looked at him with the same burning eyes.

                He finally brushed his lips against mine and I closed my eyes because it felt like a wave just washed over me. He must have felt it to ‘cause he kissed me more firmly this time and tightened his hold on me. I moved my hand to his chest after a few moments ‘cause I needed to breath so I gave him a little push and pulled back.

“Warm now?” He said with a smile not his cocky one but a genuine smile. I giggled and nodded, I felt all bubbly. I couldn’t believe I just giggled, it sounded so weird coming from me. The look on his face said he didn’t mind.

“Well I did think we were going to talk but I don’t mind doing this for a while.” He said while looking at me like he was blind and seeing the sun for the first time.

“As much as I enjoyed that, I would like to know what the hell is going on.” I said with a huge smile. When I said I enjoyed his smile grew and his eyes got a little wider.

“You’re right it’s time you remembered what’s going on.” He said and started sitting up with me still in his arms, which I did not mind one bit.

“What do you mean ‘remember’? Like I have amnesia or something?” I asked and his eyes got really sad so I laid my head on his shoulder and he looked a little better.

“It’s a really long story and some of it you won’t believe right away, so I’m going to show you some things. Remember you have to keep an open mind while I’m telling you all of this and the last thing I want you to do is run away screaming so let me explain everything.” He said with his eyes the most serious I’ve ever seen them but compassion was still there and a little bit of fear.

“Alright I promise I won’t run or scream and I will keep my ears and mind open to what you have to say. I just want everything cleared up that’s all.” I said and he kissed my forehead.

“Okay well I guess should start with when we first met, which was not in the woods the other day. We were 12 and you were with your friend Lissa here at the falls. I was walking in the woods and saw you guys; it was winter Lissa dared you to jump into the water off the falls. You told me when we meet that you were always being dared and she was trying to find one you would say ‘no’ too.” He smiled “Well you being you did it anyway and stripped to your underwear, climbed the falls, then jumped. I thought you were insane, but you came up and your Mom started calling you guys, you told Lissa to go and you would catch up even though you were still in the water. So she left your clothes for you then ran the best she could in heels, you waited till she was out of sight to climb back up and jump again. This time though you didn’t come up and of course I started freaking out and jumped in after you. You were sinking to the bottom slowly and there was a slight cut on your temple.” He kissed me in that spot “I grabbed you and pulled you up with me I got you on the bank and you weren’t breathing so I attempted what I thought was CPR and started pushing on your chest then right before I could blow into your mouth you started coughing up all the water. You freaked out when you saw me and tried to sit up but soon realized how dizzy you actually were, and then you laid back down. You asked basically everything any rational person would ask a stranger. ‘Who are you?, Why are you here?, Where did you come from?’ Which I answered and then stupid me realized what you were wearing and I went to get you your clothes and shoes. When I came back your lips were turning blue so you got dressed and I started looking at your cut. You let me clean it up a little and said you would tell your Mom a branch snapped back at you. We talked for a long time then you remembered Lissa and got up to go but you said you wanted to see me again so we promised to meet the next day, you hugged me which shocked me and said thanks for saving me then you left.” He was smiling at the memory and all the sudden I remembered that flash I had the other day of us that I thought I was just imagining, it was real and it was the first time we met.

“Morgan?” He said and was shaking me I didn’t even realize that I fazed out but when I came back he was watching me with concern.

“I’m fine, its just I think I remember that I had a flash of that the other day, I thought I was day dreaming or going crazy but maybe it was a piece of my memory.” He looked at me with hope.

“Did you see anything else?” He said and I automatically start blushing because I definitely had seen another thing but I thought it was a fantasy. He saw this and smiled a small smile, “What else did you see, Morgan?”

“You were kissing me in the middle of the woods.” He smiled even bigger and said “See my kisses are unforgettable.” Which I laughed at and he silenced me with a kiss.

“Okay so we’ve known each other since we were 12 but that doesn’t explain why you are here on my land?” I asked trying to bring us back.

“Well this is where you need an open mind,’ He looked at me to make sure I was doing what he asked and I nodded, ‘I live on this land and my family has lived on this land for a long time.” He looked up to see my reaction but I was blank and I gestured for him to continue.

“Well my family lives in this massive forest and we have been fighting for it from another man named, Kremien Agrestn, who is an evil man and he used to have a twin brother who was either as bad or worse.” He was looking at me, seeing if I was going to get up and run but for some reason the only thing that was bothering me was that name, it gave me this chill up my spine. Simon must have noticed this ‘cause his face was close to panic. So I kissed him on the cheek and said “It’s not because of you it’s got something to do with that name have I ever met him?”

                His face became angry with his clenched his fists, he looked ready to kill and it was starting to freak me out even though I knew he wouldn’t hurt me, but he wasn’t looking at me. So to calm him down I straddled his lap and grabbed his face and held it so he was looking straight at me then I said “Calm down, breathe no one is here it’s just you and me, Simon.” He looked into my eyes and moved his hands to my hips and gripped them for his life’s worth. He closed his eyes and brought his forehead to mine and whispered “Sorry, I’m so sorry he shouldn’t have been able to get that close.”

“Simon what are you talking about? Are you saying he did something to me?” I was so confused what could he have done to me, “Wait…….does he have something to do with me not remembering anything?” He looked at me with sorrowful eyes and I knew I was right. What could he have done to me? Was it so horrible that my mind just blocked it? Did he beat me to the point where I hit my head to hard? I felt Simon take his hands off my hips and encircle me with his arms and pull me to his chest, I didn’t even realize I was crying until that moment, and it wasn’t even silent tears I was full out, shoulder hunching, sobbing.

“Shhhh its okay he won’t come near you again I promise.” He whispered into my ear while rubbing my back.

“I’m okay, sorry about your shirt.” I said after a few more minutes of crying. My voice was all scratchy, and I was wiping away the tears that were black from my make-up. His shirt was all wet I couldn’t tell if my make-up stained it or not.

“Like I care about my damn shirt, now if this was my favorite shirt I would have to b***h slap some sense into you.” He said in one of those diva voices, and made me laugh but my voice was still scratchy.

“Thanks, I guess I was in luck.” I said with a hint of a smile still on my face.

“Okay, now all I need to know is how did he do it? How did he make me forget? I’m ready I can handle it I won’t cry anymore tonight, I promise.”I said and raised my hand in oath and had a big smile on my face, he returned it and took a deep breath to start.

“Its part of that long story I was talking about with a huge background to it. First I have to tell you a story that is set place a long time ago and I want to see how you take it ‘cause if you take it badly then this is going to get a lot harder.” He said and looked at me with a look pleading me to understand and listen, so I got situated on his lap and felt like a little kid getting ready for story time. He put his arms around my waist and pulled my back to his chest, and then he put his chin on my shoulder and began.

“Alright well this story is set when Native Americans ruled North America and were in separate tribes. Well one tribe was known as not only the strongest and the wisest but the most powerful, they were the most powerful because they believed and practiced a type of Wicca. They were all witches, men and women, they were known as the Greystonian tribe. They were the most powerful but there was another tribe that was second best, Agrestn, but was crazy for power and would do anything for it including murder, they were also not witches but warlocks. The Greystonian tribe was loved by many including a tribe that was based on animals more specifically wolves. They worshipped the animal; all the other tribes judged and abused tribe members when they were alone because if they were to attack the whole tribe it would not end well for them because the wolf tribe was made of the best warriors they were also believed to be able to change into wolves. So the wolf tribe was grateful to the Greystonian tribe, because many of the other tribes also thought it wrong that man could change, so they offered service as personal warriors to their tribe. They accepted because they feared that even as the strongest some way the Agrestn tribe could attack. The leader of the Greystonian tribe was a woman who treated everyone as her children; she was looked up to for strength and advice, she was their High Priestess. She was a warrior on her own but a warrior always accepts help because there is nothing you can do without others. She spent a lot of time with the wolf tribe, especially the leader who was bravest and most protective for the ones he loved. They soon married and the tribe’s lives were intertwined from then on with warriors and witches. Most warriors and witches would be married because the connection was so strong; there was never a time after that where a warrior or witch ever let down there other half.” He squeezed me tight to emphasize on the meaning of his words.

“Later on the High Priestess died and the people became lost because the white men were coming and they didn’t know what to do. The white men called witchcraft the work of the devil and burned many of the less powerful tribe members. It was a dark time and so the Greystonian tribe went into hiding because they knew of there power but did not wish to taunt it; they helped when they could with healing and such but other than that the powerful tribe was believed to have died out. The Agrestn tribe used this to there advantage and claimed they were the most powerful and no one stopped them because they knew the truth but years passed and people lost faith in the Greystonians accept the  warriors that were always hidden but never to far away from them. Some believed that the Greystonians lost all of their talents but as the warriors watched they could detect slight signs of magic and they knew that they still had but the Greystonians were in hiding so much that when the elders die most of them did not share their knowledge and so they became lost witches. Who were witches that had the gift but no knowledge of it or how to use it. The Agrestn tribe though were still in control and became stronger than they were, but never as strong as the Greystonians, they also remained hidden but kept there magic alive in secret of the white man and other tribes so no one else could learn their dark, powerful ways. You see warlocks are based off power and darkness they give witches the bad name for witchcraft with sacrifices. Where as witches were based off light and natural elements of the earth, they cherished life they would never take one for dark purposes.”  There was pride in his voice like he was actually talking about his family or himself.

“No one ever heard about the Greystonians after that, only if you were in the wolf tribe where they still worshipped them and were waiting for them to come back and destroy the darkness with their light. To bring back hope to the wiccans and create more witches than warlocks. Of course the Greystonians were almost a complete tribe of lost witches but some still carried the ways and taught but many of them were believed to be crazy or ill minded. So they were ignored, put in homes, or just all around avoided. The warriors have always been waiting and they will as long as they have to if it means their Priestesses will come and defeat what lurks in the shadows and what causes the nightmares or fears of many, but of course not to sound cliché but defeat the darkness.” He said and turned me to face him his face was serious and a bit afraid, I think it was because the story wasn’t finished and this was the part I really had to listen to, so I settled in and braced my self but what I heard next was not what I expected to hear at all.

“The reason I told you this is because I am a warrior and you are my High Priestess, meaning I am a descendant from the wolf tribe and you are a witch.” He said while holding my shoulders and looking directly into my eyes.          



© 2010 fantasyluver2


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2