Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by fantasyluver2

Chapter Five

 

 

“Morgan, Lissa time to get up! I have breakfast down here chocolate chip pancakes are being made but you can’t have them till you’re showered and dressed!” I heard Lissa’s Mom shout up the stairs and I jumped up and raced Lissa to the bathroom, I won but she didn’t need to take a shower all she had to do was pull out her curlers and put on some make up. She did all of this while I was in the shower and then she started talking to me, and you know you are close when this isn’t awkward.

“So what were those blood curling screams about from the nightmare?” I stopped shampooing my hair and froze. The nightmare scared the hell out of me and I didn’t even want to think about it let alone talk about it.

“It was one of those vivid dreams where I was being chased by a creeper that I couldn’t see and he got me.” I wasn’t going to go into how the wolf had those intense, icy, grey eyes that happen to remind me of a certain someone that she doesn’t know.

“Oh I hate nightmares where someone is chasing me, it’s totally horrifying and he got you that’s even scarier no wonder you screamed. I haven’t ever been caught but I can see where that would make you freak I would have probably wet myself.” She said with a laugh which I returned but mine didn’t sound real but she couldn’t tell with the water running.

                After I got out I looked at my phone and saw that it was 5:45, it was then that I realized her Mom tricked us to get us up early. Lissa noticed and moaned she hates mornings but she especially hated it when her Mom woke her up earlier than needed.

“Well at least I’ll be able to do your hair after you get done drying it.” She said and stuck her tongue out at me when I made a face at her. “You love it when I do your hair so I don’t want to hear it.” I rolled my eyes but she was right she makes me look awesome but I hate it when she forces me to go shopping with her. “Usually because you fall for her act when she says ‘no that skirt isn’t short I would even wear it to church.’ And what she is really saying is ‘just shut and buy the skirt you have the legs for it.’”

“Alright whatever I’m done with my hair, do your worst….. Wait no I didn’t mean that make me look awesome. Please.” I said and sat down in front of the vanity.

“Oh please, when do I ever make you look bad?” She said with a roll of the eyes.

“What is your definition of bad?” I said with sarcasm dripping from every word. She started brushing my hair roughly and I laughed. She turned up the music and I sat back and let her go to work on my wavy mess called hair.

                My head drifted into thoughts of my nightmare last night, I had this strange feeling that the wolf was more than just a symbol of strength. There was something about that animal that made him feel…… more human and life like even if that sounds crazy. Those eyes were intense they were a chilling grey and unforgettable. They were similar to another protective beast, Simon Jerome. Maybe I thought subconsciously about Simon being strong so I imagined him as a wolf protecting me from the man with no face. While on that train of thought why did my villain sound like……….. Mark? Where did I come up with Mark? He may be a creeper but he isn’t evil. Right? Right.

                Tonight is my big game, or should I say games? I’m going to see Simon after in my back yard for god sakes, he shamelessly flirts with me and I’m surprised to find myself flirting back but he is cocky, not really my type but it works for him not making him look like an arrogant a*s. He definitely is gorgeous and his hoodie smelled amazing last night when I slept in it. When I think of him the first thing I think of is when his face was framed by the light of the moon, my dark warrior. “Since when are we showing ownership? He isn’t yours!” For once I wish my mind didn’t always think both ways but just one where I got what I want and didn’t think negatively on that idea. “Too bad, sweetie you’re stuck with me! But sense I’m you and you are me we both are the same.” I think I need to get a CAT scan or be tested to see if I have taken one too many soccer balls to the head.

“I’m done and I deserve pancakes now so I’m going downstairs.” And she did exactly that without even staying to see my reaction to the makeover. I open my eyes to see my hair in soft flowing curls and my eyes had smoky eye shadow on and mascara that made my eye lashes look even fuller and darker, my lips were a soft but startling rosy pink. I looked good and Lissa knew it, that’s why she went down stairs without even a second thought. I’ll give her this; she is really good at making me look good.

I went to my bag to grab my clothes because I borrowed Lissa’s robe and there on my bag was Simon’s hoodie I picked it up and wanted to put it on but I know that Lissa wouldn’t allow me to look this good and be wearing a hoodie and jeans. So regretfully I put the hoodie down and grabbed my rockets t-shirt that the team made together and my hip hugging jeans with rips and carried my stuff down stairs.

“Well good morning sweet heart, you look beautiful as always. Are you ready for breakfast?” Lissa’s Mom said while I dropped my bags and almost ran to the table.

“Good morning.” I said with a mouthful of chocolate chip pancakes causing everyone to laugh.

“They good?” Lissa asked rolling her eyes.

“Do they look good?” I said while opening my mouth to let her see my already chewed food.

“Ewww, that is so gross! You’re so immature, Morgan!” She said covering her eyes, after I swallowed I laughed along with her parents.

“If I would have done that to Logan he would have thrown some of his food at my face and we would have been in a full out food fight. Then my Mom would have came and made sure we cleaned up every drop of syrup and then she would write me a note for school so I wouldn’t be in trouble for being late.” I said and thought of the time this actually happened where I went to school with syrup in my hair.

“I remember that you ran to the bathroom during lunch to try and get the syrup out of your hair.” She said because of course she would remember that she was there with wet paper towels. You know they’re a real friend when they help you after being attacked by your brother but you know they are an even better friend when they say they would have done the same thing.

“That doesn’t surprise me at all, if I wouldn’t have came home after the brownie incident I’m sure my kitchen would have been destroyed.” Lissa’s mom said laughing to the point where she was gasping for breath.

“Those brownies were delicious, and you know it ‘cause you ate most of them Mom.” Lissa said smiling at the memory when we took the kitchen under our command, we found anything chocolate, frosting, or sprinkle related and put it in the batter. While doing this we left everything out and put the batter in the blender without putting the lid on securely then we put it in the oven in a plastic tuber ware container that started melting so we took it out. Then we found an actual brownie pan and cooked them, when they were done we frosted them and ate them  they were so good we wrote down what we put in them but not the amount so we never get them exactly the same. Mind you we were only eight when we made them.

“The Miracle, Cavity Giving Brownies I think that’s what my Mom called them.” I said and finished off my pancakes and chugged my milk. Then I walked out but Lissa started talking and my pleasant mood dive bombed.

“Well we ought to get going. Oh wait, Mom can Morgan start coming here to do school on her lap top?”

“I thought her parents didn’t want her to do school on the computer?”

“Mom her parents don’t want her to do it on the computer but there is this guy at school,”

“Is it that Dylan kid you both are always fighting with?” Lissa’s parents interrupted at the same time.

“No it’s this new kid he is giving her really creepy feelings to the point where she told me to go to the bathroom with her and she cried, I mean literally cried he has the same exact schedule she is terrified of him. I think he is a total creeper!” Lissa said in her own caring way.

“Well honey, I know you’re worried about her but that’s the real world you deal with people you don’t like everyday.” Her Dad said and I knew he was right but I’m still terrified of Mark.

“You know she wouldn’t cry like that if she didn’t have a good reason, he really is scaring her!” Lissa said and I knew she was getting really upset.

“We’ll think about and talk to her parents then we’ll get back to you know go to school and we will see you at Morgan’s game.” Her Mom said and they both kissed her on the forehead for good luck.

“Bye parents love you I hope you don’t run into any creepers!” She said and met me at the door. “Well they’ll talk to us later, but of course you already knew that.” She said walking out and getting in the car.

“It’s okay they’re right I need to learn to deal with people I’m not comfortable with.” I said even though this is completely different then dealing with Dylan, someone I could never feel comfortable with.

“You don’t have to be comfortable with him if you’re that scared.” Lissa said with her stubbornness. 

“Whatever.” I tried to say without emotion but it sounded sad even to my ears.

                We rode the rest of the way to school in silence I kept looking at my bag where Simon’s hoodie was sticking out. I started replaying last night’s events and my nightmare and for some reason they kept merging together, like they were the same thing it was weird. I started getting excited about my game and the party well at least that is what I was telling myself I was excited about. “Really, it’s because you want to see Simon. When the clock strikes 10 the prince will appear.”  That thought kept reminding me that I’m slightly pathetic for liking someone I don’t really know. It’s sad that I really don’t care that I just met him isn’t that how most relationships start, I mean they meet the person and talk a little more but if they  think their crush could be more then they usually get together.

                I wonder what Simon is actually going to tell me. “Or if he’ll show up.” I’m not going to get my hopes up this time sure I want him to be there but that doesn’t mean he will. Last chance for him and if he turns out to he is just being a jerk then I’ll tell my parents that I saw him in the woods.

                We pulled into the school parking lot to find banners and cars painted for tonight’s game. The girls were there on the front steps they had music cranked and they were cheering but when I got out I heard something from them I wasn’t expecting.

“LET’S GIVE IT UP TO OUR CAPTAIN WHO GOT US THIS FAR……..MORGAN GRAYSTONE!” Jamie screamed into a megaphone I was shocked and honored. As I walked up they were cheering, “Way to go, Graystone, way to go!”, and things like “Congrats Morgan you brought the rockets out of this world!” When I finally got to the steps, Jamie gave me the megaphone.

“Alright whose brilliant idea was this?” I said sarcastically everyone looked at Jamie and she held her head up high thinking I was going to yell at her. “Well one thing I have to say is…….this crowd isn’t nearly as loud as it should come on people, it’s been 11 years sense we’ve been in Championships! Let’s go Rockets!” Everyone screamed and then I felt someone tap my shoulder I turned to Dylan and Mark were standing there smiling like they were three year olds and realizing they are best friends. Mark was checking me out with his creepy eyes and I almost vomited. Dylan was reaching for the megaphone that happened to be attached to my waist.

“What the hell are you two up too?!” I screamed over the crowd.

“Nothing gorgeous, just trying to help boost the crowd!” Dylan screamed and snatched the megaphone and screamed “Hey boys remember we see them practice one more time before the game and then we wait till next year, so we can have an even longer season next year ‘cause hopefully Graystone will take the Rockets out of state!” I snatched it back and said “Oh really and maybe the football team next year will actually be able to make it to their own Championships, and the only way I see that happening is if our Quarterback gives as much effort in practice as he does checking out us girls that are blasting our way to the top!” Everyone cheered louder than before and the girls on the soccer team said “Hell yeah!”

“Way to pop his ego.” Mark whispered to me I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.

“I’m shocked I thought you were the kind of girl who would love attention from this perfect creature. You are always looking at me during your practice when I am there.” Dylan said to me.

“The only reason I lay my eyes on you during my practice is to see if your annoying self has left my presence.” I said and walked away and put the megaphone to my mouth again, “Alright we got two minutes till were pass the excuse time for when were late for class so I would suggest that you get sorry butts moving!” I gave the megaphone back to Jamie and headed to class but I ran into Lissa and all she had to say to me was “Nice.” Then she walked away and someone tapped me on the shoulder.

                When I turned I tried not to freak out and just managed not too. It was none other than the creepy, class stalking, Mark. Once again I was absorbed in his terrifying red-brown eyes; they were scrutinizing every inch of my face with so much attention it gave me chills. I almost took a step back but I only shifted my weight to my other leg, and looked at him trying to keep my face calm but I think I saw something close to amusement on his face.

“Hey I guess it’s time we get to class I don’t want to be late on my second day. Do you want to walk with me?” He said motioning with his head towards the door.

“Sure, let’s get going.” I said and started walking but someone stopped me I turned to see Jamie, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

 “What’s up?” I said and walked over to her, with Mark following.

“Um I got an excuse for the team because we have to clean up the confetti but it’s only for the team.” She said and looked pointedly at Mark and I almost kissed her for saving me from him even if it’s only for a short amount of time.

“Alright you’re lucky you get to skip class but I’ll see you when you’re done.” Mark said and walked to class. I turned to look at Jamie and I saw understanding I’ve known her sense before I met Lissa but we grew apart slightly because Lissa moved into town and they don’t get along as well they are fine together just they are to different they argue but they are the people that are like best friends but they joke fight. They sometimes go on forever seeing who can come up with the worst names to each other, till I freak out and walk away.

“So what is it that freaks you out about that guy?” Jamie said wrapping an arm around my shoulders, something that she won’t do unless you are close enough to her.

“I don’t know exactly but there is something about him that is off and he is in every one of my classes, so I can’t get away from him at all. He watches me and it’s like I’m being study under a microscope and I can’t get used to that.” I said and looked down at my hands ‘cause I felt like an idiot for being shaken by a guy I just met. ‘Even though I just met Simon and I feel the exact opposite of shaken.’  My mind added slyly.

“Yeah I don’t think that boy is all there, you know? Him being in all your classes can’t be easy either, if he gives you the creeps that bad then change one of your classes, or is it to late to do that anymore?” She said and took her arm off her shoulders, so she could start cleaning up. I joined her and started to take care of empty crazy string cans, noise makers, and confetti of all sorts. By the looks of the school you would think we already won and celebrated. Which we might as well sense we are definitely going to win that game. ‘There’s my girl.’

“Well I think it is past the time for changing classes so what Lissa and I came up with is doing classes on the computer. Her parents are going to talk to my parents so it may be possible.” I said

“Wow Blondie came up with that? What happened did she take her meds?” She said being snarky and that’s when I decided to actually really look at her today, she is a girl with voluptuous curves, baby blue eyes normally except she is a girl that likes color so she usually has different color eyes every other day that match the streaks in her hair that she dyes regularly today the shoulder length black curls had red and orange streaks, most likely for the Rockets.

“Oh like you have room to talk Miss Skittles, and you know she can be a genius. Why can’t you ever get along? Oh wait you both are too stubborn to see that you are more alike then you think. I think that is why you guys don’t get along don’t they say opposites attract?” I said with an exaggerated eye roll.

“Don’t you ever say anything like that again, we are nothing alike! She is a preppy little actress and I’m a kick a*s jock.” She snarled.

“You both are gorgeous in your own way, you both are good with making awesome friends, -as I pointed to myself-, and you both are good with the chicos, then you both love making yourself and friends look their very best.” I said thinking of all the times they fought over who could give me a makeover.

“Whatever I’m not even listening to you anymore.” She said and covered her ears so I started talking louder. “Come on, you guys could really get along and well maybe should try.” I said while Jamie decided she wasn’t going to hear this so she started screaming “LA LA LA LA!”

“Mature, really mature. Hey guess what Lissa does the same thing when she doesn’t want to hear someone.” I said louder and finished cleaning and headed to class, but I heard Jamie scream,

“Maybe she does share my amazing qualities, but she could never come close to being as good as me!”



© 2010 fantasyluver2


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on October 23, 2010
Last Updated on October 23, 2010


Author

fantasyluver2
fantasyluver2

Black River, NY



About
I'm a teenager with hopes and imagination. I have been working on two books, my friends have read them and so far they like them. I'm more into reading about mythical creatures and romance so far the.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by fantasyluver2


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by fantasyluver2