Malah's Man

Malah's Man

A Chapter by kannerjay

The handsome elf demon and I bantered for a while, and finally he gave me a a precious jewel or two for half the deer, much more than it was probably worth. He didn't seem generous, nor stupid. This made me believe he was simply very good at theft, and had lots more where that came from.
    Stick with Kohayo. My brain told me this. It was good in all aspects.
    The lizard, who's name I learned was Dako, sat on my shoulder. I think he liked me. I pet him, and Kohayo doesn't. I didn't know why Kohayo would need a lizard android, but it was pretty cool. Maybe he just got lonely.
    " Do you need a companion? " I asked him shyly. " Then you could have meat all the time. "
    He made a face, but I could tell he was thinking about it. The lizard was wagging his tail. Kohayo turned to him. " Dako, what's the reading on her? Let's test out your skills. "
    " She would be useful. He running ability about matches yours, and she has teeth and claws for fighting. Her jumping ability surpasses yours. Plus, she's a female. "
    Kohayo made a funny face. " What's that last part have to do with anything? "
    Dako seemed a little bashful about it. " I thought maybe you could use a lady friend. " Dako smiled in a way that was hinting something or another. I didn't know if I should be freaked out or flattered.
    Kohayo blushed. " I... no. That's not... I mean... "
    " Also, her claws seem to be sharp enough to cut through class and her running is silent. She could provide meat and other such things. I say we take her, Kohan. "
    Kohayo twitched again, but seemed happy to be back on subject. " Alright. You can come with us. But screw up, and I leave you in the dirt. "
    I felt my tail wagging. It was quite exciting to be the partner of a famous person, even if he was a thief of questionable morals. It was then that two people crept out of the shadows.
    On instinct, I leaped at one of them.



© 2012 kannerjay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 9, 2012


Author

kannerjay
kannerjay

Terre Haute, IN



About
Ummm? more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nohr Chapter 1: Nohr

A Chapter by kannerjay