Kohayo the Whirlwind

Kohayo the Whirlwind

A Chapter by kannerjay
"

Kohayo is highly trained thief with no partners.

"
     It was morning and Kohayo needed to set out again. He'd stolen something important from the village he just passed and the sun was rising quick. He didn't know what it is. He just knew that someone had asked for it and offered to pay bigger money for it than anyone had ever payed for a killing. Generally thefts paid for less than killings, so this one he took with a flourish. He was tired from the exertion and thought about how quickly morning comes.
    It hadn't been easy. He had gone through total heck to get this.. thing. It was some sort of embryo. He'd picked it up somewhere in a small lab on the east side of town, and still didn't know what it was when he got it. Not like he cared what it was as long as he got his money's worth for it.
    He did care, however, that the village people were going to up soon and realize it was gone. It seemed to be a valuable item and he had a feeling the villagers would fight pretty hard for it. He sighed and passed a hand through his hair, one the way brushing his pointy, elven ears. Kohayo needed to get moving, even though he was strained from running all night. He'd gotten a couple hours sleep, and needed to move before they reached him. His ears told him they were approaching quick, but not quicker than he could run. They were a group, and he was one, so he could easily run faster.
    He did set out, then. He moved a little and then sprang deftly out of the tree he'd been sheltering in, careful of the thing he needed to deliver. Not if he cared whether it broke or not, but he wanted his payment, and he'd already been told it needed to come back in one piece for him to get it. Slipping it into his all-purpose bag, he did his stretches before taking of like a whirlwind, fast and destructive, but not easy to track.


© 2012 kannerjay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on June 18, 2012
Last Updated on June 18, 2012


Author

kannerjay
kannerjay

Terre Haute, IN



About
Ummm? more..

Writing
Chapter 1: Nohr Chapter 1: Nohr

A Chapter by kannerjay