Preface

Preface

A Chapter by jhed

PREFACE


I

 woke up at six o’ clock in the morning that day. I wasn’t really excited to go to school. I was just excited to see my friends. There was this feeling that I won’t have fun today. I was being scared going to school but I have to.

 

Before I got up, I first stared at the ceiling while still lying on my bed. Then I got up, went to the bathroom and took a bath. As I finished, I let my hair dry then chose clothes to wear. Since it’s kind of cold today, I chose to wear my green hooded long sleeve and paired it with jeans and a high heeled stiletto that I gave myself during my last birthday.

 

I heard my mom call me. She told me she’ll give me a ride to school. I fixed myself put some eyeliner on my eyes and lip gloss on my lip so I’ll look good. I immediately went down to have some breakfast and then went straight to the car with my mother then she drove me to school.

 



© 2010 jhed


Author's Note

jhed
ignore grammars and wrong spellings!
thanks!
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The start didn't really get my attention, to be honest. I've read far too much stories that start with this... it's getting cliche.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm....sounds interesting. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is a good start. i hope the next is better :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Eh . . . I'm sorry but I fail to find this grabbing. My guess is you have little experiance 'hooking' people inot your work (apart from poetry, but that's usually pretty easy).

Tell me why I should be interested in the life of this normal girl. Grab my attention and drag me head over heels into the story itself! Grab my heart by the veins and rip it clean out; make me fall over dead from the suspense and emotional turmoil of the tale of this poor girl!!!


No pressure*

Posted 14 Years Ago


A good start to a regular day. I like the details and movement of this preface to a story.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's an overall good write, but there is one reason why I rarely read stories: I fail to get hooked into them. Of course, I also have a short attention span. :P
When I read a story, I look at the very beginning for something to just jump out and surprise me or hook me in. I'm not sure how that would work with this story.
On another note, this was well written and it is a good preface. Perhaps I will look into the rest. :)


Posted 14 Years Ago


"called" to "call" "stare" to "stared" and put a ; or a , after "with my mother"
and you seem to be switching between past and present tense throughout, otherwise, not too bad.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 3, 2010


Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


You You

A Poem by Laura Sparkle


Broken Broken

A Poem by Rachael


Chapter 1 : Knowing Chapter 1 : Knowing

A Chapter by jhed