Chapter 4 : Compromise

Chapter 4 : Compromise

A Chapter by jhed

CHAPTER 4: Compromise


I arrived at school 30 minutes before the time. I went to my locker and gathered my things then saw Chace Allen going to my way then stopped before he reached me. I didn’t know what to do maybe it was a false alarm. Then when I turned to face my right Ivy and Natalie was rushing to me.

“Abby, come on I’ve got news to tell you.” Ivy grabbed my hand and immediately we ran through the hallway and went to the girls comfort room. I stood in front of her with shock on my face.

“Um,  what’s the news?” I asked ignoring my own expression.

“Honey, congratulations!” Congratulations? What?

“Congratulations? With what?” I asked her still full of curiosity.

“Didn’t you hear?” Hear what? Still I don’ get what she’s saying.

“You beat Nadine on the exam. You ranked second.” Oh, that’s great. But wait a minute if I ranked second and Nadine ranked third, who, then, ranked first?

“I --what?” Surprise you’re the lucky person here.

“You ranked second and Nadine ranked third.” She said full of curiosity.

“If I ranked second and Nadine ranked third, who’s first then?” I think I know the answer.

“Oh, yeah, I thought you knew all along. Chace ranked first. You know who he is, Mr. Nice Guy with a secret of being brainiac.” She said making a funny face. So maybe that’s why he was rushing towards me this morning.

“Hell! My life would be ruined!” was all I can say and went out of the comfort room to meet Chace.

As I walk towards my locker I didn’t notice that my locker was left open.

“Hey! Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked him angry. “Don’t you know you ruined my life. My mother is expecting for scholarship.”

“I was going to tell you this morning but she pulled you and you ran away. I didn’t have the chance.” He said

“Abby, its okay. There’s still the next quarter.” I heard Natalie said with soft voice. She’s very calm.

“Fine, I’ll get over this. Again.”

“Just do things better next time.”

“Oh, yes, I will, and I will beat him next time.” That’s all true. I’ll beat him. Yes, I will.

“Come on, go get your things for Chemistry. We’ll be late.” Chace said as if concerned.

“Thanks for the concern, I don’t need yours.” I got my chemistry book and note book on my hand and to my surprise he held my hand and began to pull me.

“What are you doing?” I asked opulently.

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m dragging you going to Chem. Lab” again he dragged my hand and pulled me away but when he touched me again, I felt the same electricity that flowed through my entire body and forcing me to drag my hand back. It’s like we first met. I stared at my hand for a moment when I realized he was talking.

“Are you coming or what?”

“Um, I forgot something.” I immediately went back to my locker and opened it. Actually, I just stared inside of it. Don’t even know what’s wrong with me. Then I was surprise of the sudden shout.

“Hey!”

“I’m coming just wait.” I grabbed my spare notebook lying beneath my English book and then ran towards him. Again he grabbed my hand and slowly he began to pull me going to chemistry lab. Still I had one question in mind. Why is he doing this? To ruin my reputation or to distract me with my studies.

We arrived at Chemistry lab not late. Good for me and of course, for him. We sat as pairs, as instructed and began our investigation about cells. That’s quite easy for me. I already studied that one and luckily I understand it.

Ms. Baker has a prize and don’t know what to call that thing. But maybe symbolizes you’re good at Chemistry. But it didn’t bother me. I just did my part and so does he. We didn’t even realize we were the first one to finish and to thank him; we won the unknown thing or whatever they call it. He let me keep it. Ms. Baker told us it’s something that makes the week great. I placed it inside my locker together with my accessories. It stands beside case where my drawing pens and color pencils stand. Soon or next week, I will return the charm back to Ms. Baker so the next winner will experience its magic. Well, I hope it does give me a great week.

So, now that we’re finished with Chemistry on my way to P.E. and seriously I’ve got no talents with sports, not even dancing. Maybe if you asked me about music I can answer. Well, singing and playing my piano and my guitar are my passion. It gives me time to relax and be stress free but enough with that and back to sports. I really have no idea of today. I wish it would give me a very good mark at physical education. You know the little thingy that Ms. Baker gave us this morning.

On my way to the girl’s locker, still on my outfit, I saw the coach coming. Great I wasn’t changing my clothes. I might be given a warning. Again. The coach was Mr. Joshua Kadison a.k.a. Mr. Nice Guy

“Ms. Smith!” the coach called.

“Yes sir?” I answered as if full of curiosity and still doesn’t know the situation I’m in.

“It’s almost time, again, and you haven’t changed your clothes. Off to the lockers. GO! GO! GO!” he said opulently.

Okay, that didn’t go well though this time he didn’t give me a warning. Then, I ran to the girl’s locker room to change. I ran as fast as I can and when I reached it I immediately slowed down, and then changed my clothes immediately. The stupid thing that Ms. Baker gave us didn’t work. I was expecting for some guidance from it.

PE was all about volleyball and seriously I had no idea how to play it.  I just see universities play for some games in the television when I scanned it some time last week. Oh well. I’ll just play it.

Seriously the ball was heading for my head and that’s not supposed to be. I tried all the things just to avoid the ball.

“Oh, God, I wish this would end.” I uttered to myself while inside the court.

My prayer was answered the bell rang. I hurriedly ran through the lockers and changed my clothes and went outside the big and stinky gymnasium.

As I ran through the hall, I saw Chace. He gave me a smile so I returned one. Then I saw him coming.

“Abby, do you mind coming with me later after school?” seriously why is he asking me that kind of question?

“Why?” I asked him. Is he taking me out for a date? Well I hope so.

“I just thought if you want to have some time together, I mean I just want to treat you.” He said.

“Um, sure” What’s wrong with me. Why did I agree?

“Okay, I’ll see you after class. I’ll meet you outside your room.”

“Okay.” Was all that I said. Is he really serious. Are we going on a date. I hope so.

When he turned I open my locker and inserted my head. I was going hoity-toity. Am I crushing on him? He’s cute in some way and quite handsome and smart too, like me. And he had these eyes; eyes that will make you melt like an ice in hell.

The bell rang again and I immediately grabbed my things and ran for my next class. I didn’t notice the time. I really got carried away by the sudden changes around me. Chace was being nice to me which I don’t know why. I got to tell Ivy and Natalie about this one.



© 2010 jhed


Author's Note

jhed
don't care for wrong typo's and grammars..tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i'm with the girl.. i hate Gym class too :))

Posted 12 Years Ago


thanks fro all those who reviewed :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


so far, so good. you are doing fairly well so far (other than what I've already disacussed). Keep up the good work and don't let it go to your head.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The chapter is really good. I enjoyed reading it:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written story, Straight forward and well said.
Wonderful detail and imagery.


Posted 14 Years Ago


The story was very good. I like the conversation. Some rewards are not wanted in a life. The character is very cool. She has spirit and energy. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 7, 2010
Last Updated on April 7, 2010


Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fantasy Fantasy

A Poem by QuietPoet