Chapter 2 : Hang out

Chapter 2 : Hang out

A Chapter by jhed

CHAPTER 2: HANG OUT


O

n my way to Chemistry Lab, I heard someone calling my name. It was Chace again. I ran as fast as I can so he won't catch me and bad thing about it was I am wearing this high heeled stiletto shoes that i gave myself during my last birthday. I should've worn the flat close shoes that my cousin gave me. As I was running he immediately caught my hand. I was expecting that would happen. When he touched me, his hands were cold and I felt that something flowed through all parts of my body it’s like electricity. I hurriedly pulled my hand back but he wouldn't let go. His grip was too tight that my hands couldn’t move.

"Ouch!" I reacted.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." he loosens his grip on my hand.

“It’s okay just don’t do it again.” I said looking at my hand.

“Look, about this morning, I’m very sorry about what happened.” He said looking very serious.

“Don’t be sorry. It’s my fault anyway.” I admitted to him. I immediately went towards the front door of the Chemistry Lab. I saw Ms. Baker. She’ll be our teacher for Chemistry. I bet they’re already starting. I gently knocked on the door three times.

“Come in please!” I heard her say.

“Good Morning Ms. Baker, I’m so sorry for being late today. I just fixed something back at my last subject.” Okay, that was a total lie. I didn’t know I would come up with that.

“Okay, please take your seat.” She told me then faced the class. I entered the room humiliated. Why? Seriously because I’m late. I chose to seat at the front row so Chace wouldn’t seat next to me when he entered. Then she closed the door. When she was about to start someone knocked on the door and I knew who it was. It was Chace. Ms. Baker opened the door.

“Good morning Ma’am” Chace said. “I’m the exchange student from Washington High.”

“Oh, you must be Mr. Chace Allen. Please have a seat.” Chace sat at the last row. I made faces as he went to sit at the back.

“Ms. Smith, please face the board.” Ms. Baker told me. Then I immediately turned to the board.

“Okay, since I’m done pairing up with the rest of you and since Ms. Smith and Mr. Allen are both late they will be lab partners.” She announced and my face was shocked.

“What?” I reacted. “That can’t be there must be some other person to be paired with me.” Okay I can’t help myself about that. And seriously why am I always stuck with him?

“That’s final Ms. Smith. And there are no more students added in my list. It’s not my fault if you’re late. Am I right?” she asked me straightly.

“Yes Ma’am, I’m sorry about that.” I said poorly.

“Very well.” She said.

“Class immediately go to your partners so we can start our first lesson about Chemistry.”  She commanded everyone and everyone went to their partners. I saw Chace going my way. He was half smiling then I made faces again. There he laughed. I can see Ms. Baker eyeing us. Then a smile was formed in her mouth.

“That was a good facial expression.” Chace told me.

“Oh! Really. Um, I’m inviting you at lunch after class.” I said giving him a smile.

“Um, okay. Sure!” That’s all that he said. The class was finished after two long hours. Chace and I went to the canteen to meet Ivy and Natalie.

“My friends wanted to meet you. That’s what they told me this morning and since you are my classmate for two consecutive subjects, I bothered to invite you so they can get along with you.” I said.

“Oh!” again that was all what he said. We went on Ivy’s seat. Ivy stood up to give me a hug.

“Hi, honey, how class with-woow… Why is he with you?” she asked me.

“Well, you told me this morning about him so I bothered to get him along with us. Remember you told me you want to meet him.” I joked.

“Oh Abby, that’s so sweet of you.” Ivy said while half laughing.

“Come here darling have a seat.” Natalie invited me.

“Chace, sit here between me and Abby.” Ivy told Chace. Then Chace followed him.

“So you’re Chace Allen. From what school are you anyway?” Natalie asked.

“I’m from Washington High.” Chace answered her.

“Oh! I know that school. Mostly only the best of the best can enter that school. Like you Abby.” Ivy said.

“So you mean…” a long silence was made by the three of us who were talking then stared at Chace who doesn’t even looked so surprised.

“So that’s why you taught me the first lesson in Chemistry this morning.” I immediately replied.

“What? He taught you that one. But no one knew that here. I mean that’s the first time that we knew that.” Natalie said surprised. After that I didn’t said anymore words. They interviewed Chace all time leaving me eating my sandwich. When I finished they were still talking and talking. There’s nothing to do so I just watched them.

“Abby, I think you found your rival enemy.” Natalie told me and grinned.

“Stop it.” I said. “I don’t care about that.” Then suddenly they all laughed at me even Chace was laughing

“Abby, what’s your next stop?” Natalie asked me.

“Um, schedule said Trigonometry.” I replied.

“Oh! We’re of the same schedule.” Ivy said.

“Great! We can go together.” I said with a smile.

“How about you, Chace?” Ivy asked.

“It says here, Um, World History.” He answered.

“Oh!” We all reacted.

“Okay, I’m left with Chemistry.” Natalie said.

“Aww, honey, that’s okay. We always hang up during lunch.” Ivy said. After we finished, we all split at the canteen’s door and went to our next class. Ivy and I went to Trigonometry. We talked and talked about our summer during the class.

“Well, my summer was great. I studied to play piano.” I told Ivy.

“Was it that hard?” she asked me.

“It wasn’t really that hard.” I answered with enthusiasm.

“If it wasn’t really hard, I would enter you to a competition.” She told me.

“That, I won’t do. You know I can’t play in front of people. I can’t even play in front of you!” I defended.

“Abby, it’s time to overcome your fear.” She told me seriously.

“I know! But not now. Not this year.” I said poorly. She still continued to convince me but I won’t. I can’t. I’m just a beginner. When we finished the last period, I immediately went home to help mom for dinner.

“Honey, you’re so early today.” She greeted me.

“Um, I can’t stay there after school for now. Ivy’s forcing me to join the piano competition.”

“Honey that would be great. I mean, you studied to play piano. That would be worth your hard work.” She said with eyes proud.

“Mom, maybe not this time. Maybe next year would do.” I said looking at my feet. She’s now cooking. Baked lasagna. My favorite.

“Let me help you with that, Mom” I said.

“No, no. You go upstairs and change clothes when you’re done we’ll eat.” She commanded. I did what she said. I went upstairs and changed to my regular clothes. I read one chapter of my unfinished book and went down. We ate dinner and told stories of what happened during the day.

“Mom, I’ll wash the dishes.” I told her.

“No, I’ll do it.” She said.

“But you’ve done so many things today. I didn’t help cooking ‘cause you said so. So I’ll wash the dishes.” I defended.

“Oh, Okay.” She replied.

“Mom, have a rest. You look very tired. Don’t worry. I’ll be alright.” I said. I immediately took all the plates from the dining table and placed it at the sink. I washed it while my mom watched a movie. Then, I was done. I went to sit next to her and watched the movie with her. I didn’t know I fell asleep while watching the movie. My mother woke me up so I could continue sleeping in my own bed. I went up, to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and after that immediately went to bed to have a goodnight sleep.



© 2010 jhed


Author's Note

jhed
tell me what you think of this writing..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the other was better than this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for the reviews!

Posted 13 Years Ago


~_~ another reminder of how stupid humans can be (not talking about you personally, Jhed). As humans we let so many things affect us. It's simply sad how we always pull each other down.

So far so good. Still has that same crucial flaw that's been nagging me throughout the entire story ~_~. Other than that I can't see anything wrong at the moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like this chapter. It seem more personal at the end. Making the main character seem real and human. The school time was interesting also. What did the boy want?
A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010


Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed