Chapter 3 : Past

Chapter 3 : Past

A Chapter by jhed

CHAPTER 3: PAST


T

he following days have been great. Since I moved here in sunny California, I missed the rain back in Washington. I always remember my friends back there when I see my friends here. Ivy and Natalie always keep me company when I’m always lonely. They’ve been my friends for almost a year now.  I met them when I started studying here. They introduce their selves to me when they knew that I was an exchange student.

 

“Hi!” Ivy said.

 

“Oh! Hello.” I immediately replied.

 

“I’m Ivy by the way. Ivy Jones. You’re the exchange student from Washington right?”

 

“Yeah! I’m Abby Smith, short for Abigail. It’s nice to meet you.” I said smiling at her. I knew this would be a good start for me. Meet new friends in new school. Since I moved here, nobody knew I was granted with scholarship. But then, I was surprised. I never knew news have wings and can deliver gossips around the whole campus for just a day. When I was about to go to my locker, I can hear two girls, I think of my same age, gossiping about me. I knew what exactly they were talking about.

 

“Hey, have you heard about that new girl in school who got scholarship here?” said the girl with the long curly blonde hair.

 

“Yeah, she was in class with me. I think its biology. Yeah! It’s biology. When the teacher introduced her I knew she was smart. I think she can beat Nadine as Valedictorian this year.” Said the girl whom I knew. Yes she was with me in biology. She had a shoulder length black straight hair, black as the midnight sky. How I wish I could have her hair.

 

When they saw me getting near they immediately stopped talking then greeted me a “Good afternoon to you, it’s nice seeing you today. How do you think of the school?” Well, I always hear that. Okay that was quite very frustrating. Even teachers are talking about me.

 

“Linda, did you saw the new student? I heard she’s quite good in Math.” Said my teacher in Mathematics.

 

“Oh, you mean the girl from Washington? Yeah! I saw her. Not only she’s smart, she also has the looks. I might request her to join the upcoming intramurals this year.” said the woman in white striped blouse with jeans. Maybe she’s Linda.

 

Well that was quite a smile for me. I’ve never been talked about the whole campus because back in Washington, I was just an ordinary student with normal grades and normal looks. I mean I’ve never been The FAMOUS one. Just an ordinary girl with ordinary friends.

 

Then I saw Ivy again. She’s with a girl. Maybe of my same age. They were walking toward me. I saw a smile formed at Ivy and immediately pulled her friend. They were laughing. The girl with her is pretty and you can see that she’s full of potential.

 

“Abby, I want you to meet Natalie. She’s one of my closest friends here in school.” I shook hands and exchanged smiles with Natalie. She’s very spastic but you can see in her eyes that she’s quite having fun in school. Maybe she likes to study.

“I’m Abigail Smith, Abby for short. I just transferred here a few months ago.” I uttered to her then smiled.

 

“I’m Natalie, Natalie Stewart. It’s nice meeting you Abby.” Natalie said with wonder in her eyes.

 

“Hey, Abby, did someone already tour you around the campus?” Ivy asked me as if curious who it might be.

 

“Um, no. Why?” I asked her looking curious even though I knew what was running in her mind.

 

“Good. We’ll show and tour you around school. That would be awesome.” She said grinning that shows her complete white teeth.

 

“Okay. I’ll catch up with you guys later. I’m gonna be late for the next class. Um, it’s nice meeting and knowing you Natalie. Bye!” I waved my hand and started running toward the not so far room.

 

Months from that day were all the greatest day for me. We’ve been very close to each other specially Ivy. We treat each other like sisters. We’ve shared many secrets like who’s my crush and also theirs. But one thing I can’t forget was the time when I met the future valedictorian. Well that’s what they call her. When I saw her coming towards me I can’t look straight at her. It’s like she’s coming to me for a fight. Then she talked to me.

 

“Hi, you must be Abigail Smith,” she said faking a smile which I knew she was up for something that’s not good for me.

 

“Um, yeah, and you are?” I asked her as if I’m not scared to look at her.

 

“I’m Nadine Parker. It’s nice meeting you.” She uttered to me with relief. As I see from her, she was an inch taller than I am. Brown hair with big locks and her eyebrows were so serious as if you can’t tell her jokes or even poke her.

 

“There’s something I would like to tell you. See there’s this club I’m in and I want you in since you’re a scholar of the school,” She suddenly paused but immediately continued. “The club’s name is Prime Thinkers. If you’re interested just see me. I’m just within the school campus.” She finished. At this time, well I’m not really into clubs and organizations. “Um, okay” was all that I can say.

 

By the time Nadine walked away, I immediately went to my locker to put all of my things there. Then, I rushed to the girl’s comfort room to fix myself and then rushed again to the school field to meet Ivy and Natalie. By the time I came there, they were sitting, motionless and not speaking. When I appeared, they stand and came to me so I stopped walking toward them.

 

“Where were you?” Ivy asked me looking concerned.

 

“Um, Nadine talked to me back there at the hallway when I was about to put my things in the locker and---” I wasn’t able to finish my explanation when she interrupted me.

 

“What? She talked to you?” Yes. I nodded. My expression was curious because of what she had reacted when I was talking.

 

“What did she told you?” Natalie asked me looking concerned.

 

“She just asked if I wanted to join--” again I was interrupted by Ivy.

 

“The Prime Thinkers,” she said not amused.

 

“Yeah, but I’m not going to join some clubs for now” Whew! That gave her a relief smile.

 

“Good” she said, at least she’s smiling, not that odd look on her face.

 

“Um, how long have you guys been here?” I said dropping the old conversation.

 

“Not so long. We tried to watch the football practice but since you came already I think it’s time to go, I guess.” Ok she’s now totally smiling. I guess dropping the conversation is a good thing.

 

“Um, sure. Let’s go.” I uttered also smiling.

 

We finished the day with a smile on each face. The trip around the campus was a great idea. Now I know where to go. Good for me. I won’t be lost anymore. That went off very great.

 

I went home alone when somebody tapped my shoulder. I didn’t know him. He was also alone. He’s hair was a golden yellow brighter than blonde and it’s tousled. The length of his hair grows until the middle of his nape. He’s wearing a plain white shirt and a denim pants and a pair of running shoes. He’s carrying a jacket. I looked into his face and saw his grayish blue eyes, the perfect shape of nose and his pinkish thin lips. Then he began to talk.

 

“Hi.” His voice was so masculine and cold. More like the boys of sunny California.

 

“Yes?” I asked as if full of curiosity.

 

“Is this yours?” he’s holding a keychain. Wait! I know that one. That’s mine. My lucky keychain.

“Hey! That’s mine! Where did you get that?” I asked full of surprise.

 

“I found it lying on the ground. And since you’re the only person who passed by, I bothered to ask you”

 

“Oh, well thank you very much sir.”

 

“Oh, don’t call me sir. We’re of the same age.” Wait a minute. Does he know me?

 

“Um excuse me, do you know me?” I was surprise with what I said. It went through my mouth.

 

“Yeah I know you. You’re Abigail Smith” God he does know me.

 

“I’m Myles by the way. Myles Johnson. It’s nice to meet you.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you too, Myles but just call me Abby. Abigail’s too long.” We shook hands and I thanked him.

 

“I better go. My mom’s waiting for me. Thanks again. Bye!” I waved good bye and went straight home.”

 

That all I remember of my past. I wish something new went today. Then I got up and started to go to the bathroom and do my morning rituals. Then went down to meet my lovable mother and eat breakfast with her. Then after that, she drove me to school and kissed my forehead and waved good bye and good luck with the day. I love her so much.



© 2010 jhed


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i kinda get things mashed up.. this is high school right? not college..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thanks for the reviews!

Posted 13 Years Ago


ignore grammars and wrong typos.. Thanks..

Posted 13 Years Ago


You don't get scholarships for high schools unless they're private schools. I have yet to see how this ties in. High school and middle school aren't traditionally the same school. THey're different ~_~ It's something that won't stop nagging at the back of my head.

Other than that, interesting idea of a backstory. And a little too random. You need to specify the transition between past and present; not just make a chapter labled Past and call it good.

Other than thaose things you did good. Seriously think about what I said. I'm not just being mean, y'know.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The chapter told a good story of a budding friendship. I like the description and the conversation in this story. Waiting for something to go wrong or right? A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010


Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed