Chapter 5: Whoa!

Chapter 5: Whoa!

A Chapter by jhed

Chapter 5:  Whoa!


                On my way to my next class, Arts, I saw Ivy and Nat, leaning on the door waiting for me, hand waving. I’m with them during the period.

                Usually, our teacher, Mr. Gray, required silence during his time so we found a way of communicating since were all sitting in on row. If you’re wondering what way we’ve found, well maybe you know it by now"passing notes in secrecy.

                Approaching the door in the wide halls of this institution, i grimaced at the two of my loveliest best friends ever. And there they are smiling back at me.

“I know you’ve got some news,” Ivy said. “tell me everything!”

“How’ d you even know?” I asked curious, a bit.

“Because were best friends and I can totally see the sparks in your eyes,” she said half smiling hiding the excitedness that she felt. Okay , now she’s flashing me those puppy eyes that I can’t even refuse.

                “Okay, okay! I’ll tell you everything when I get home,” I said, smiling. “I’ll call you. I promise,”

                Then I notice, Nat had been so quiet lately so changing the topic, I shot her a glance then nodged her on the arm.

                “Hey,” starting I said. “You’re so quiet lately. Is there something wrong?” I gave her a look of comforting a friend.

                “Oh, its nothing"don’t mind me, I’m good,” Nat said, half smiling.

                “Are you sure? The look on your face says you’re not,” I said. I really don’t know how to handl big things.

                “Yeah, Nat. It’s like God has given up on you,” Ivy said grabbing hold of her books and glancing over to Nat.

                “I don’t know if I.. I don’t know. It’s really hard to start over you know,” she said glancing over at the both of us.

                “Well if you’re ready you can always tell us, you know” I smiled.

                I didn’t bothered to ask her anymore. If she doesn’t want to tell us it’s really fine with me. Not that I can’t force her or something. It just feels like it’s too much private for us to get in the way.

                We entered the room silently, placed our things on our chairs then went to back of the room to grab the bucket of materials that we’ll use. Art was the last period so after this, I’m having my time with Chace.

                Mr. Gray entered the room while the others are still chattering while we, Ivy, Nat and me, took our seats.

                “Okay, since all of you are complete and most of you are chattering blah, blah, blah, let’s get your work done.” He said.

                “Uh, Mr. Gray, we don’t have the topic yet.” Anna, one of our classmate bothered to ask.

                “Ah, yes. Thank you dear,” he said, smiling. “your topic will be something that reminds you of your past,something that reminds you of your childhood,” whoa! What? “Your work will be submitted until Friday.”

                Past, childhood, best friend, bear, Lisa. That’s all of my memories of my childhood. Okay so that’s it. Walking back on my past, being nostalgic is  not the best time for this matter but I’ll give it a try. Walking along on the streets back in Washington with her, my best friend, Lisa, with the bear on my hand. The bear Lisa gave me on my seventh birthday. That’s it! The Bear! But still. It was all my fault. She died because of me. Because she walked me home. Her death still haunts me until now.

                “Psst. Abby” someone hissed.

                Okay now i’m really haunted. Someone’s messing around with me. Throwing all those stupid papers.

                “Abby!” I glanced around. Still no one.

                “Where are you?” I hissed.

                “At your left, duh!” oh, it was just Ivy

                “Oh,” well thanks for bringing me back to the present. “Yes?”

                “What are you gonna draw?” she asked. Mr. Gray’s now glancing over us. Eyeing us like we’ve done a very huge mistake. So instead of answering her. I wrote down my answer on a piece of paper.

 

The bear that Lisa gave me... You?

               

I recoiled back on starting my work. Still staring at the clean sheet of paper. White as ever, inncocent, Lisa. So I started to draw circles to start the body and head of the bear. I used charcoal. Never even bothered using pastels on all of my works. Mr. Gray used to tell me to practice using pastels so my works would be alive. For some reasons I also realised to give it a try. But not now. Maybe next time.

                I was surprised by the paper thrown to me. Ivy. I gently picked it up and read it with my eyes.

 

I still dunno... help me?

                Okay, this is enough. I half smirked then again I saw Mr. Gray eyeing us again, warily. I immediately replied to her question.

 

Oh, come on. You can totally do better than me!!

Besides, Gray’s already watching us.

               

She eyed Mr. Gray then started drawing on her paper.

                The period went well and silent. I reached for my bucket put the charcoals away, went to the back of the room then went outside to fix my things. I went to my locker, put my things back, glanced at my bag"in case I forgot something, for assignments. Double checked everything and went straight to the girls powder room. I fixed my hair, put some powder and some lipgloss on then went outside. I always wonder why girls stayed so long inside. Chattering may be.

                I was abou to go to Chace’s room"History, when someone called my name. Oh boy, it’s getting creepier than I expected. I turned back and saw Nat. Running.

                “Abby!,”

                “Oh, hey, baby, How’s it going?” I bothered to ask.

                “Can I talk to you for a moment?” She asked.

                “Sure. I’m waiting for Chace. Let’s talk outside his room.

                “Okay,” she said. Maybe she’s changed her mind and tell me her problem.

                So we talked outside Chace’s room, at the open hallway where students linger around waiting  for some of their friends, people walking, fixing there lockers.

                “Um, I don’t know how to start,” she said. She glanced sideways as if hiding the hurt she felt. Somehow I felt like I’m on the urge of letting a tear drop.

                “Why? Is there some problem?” I asked.

                “Uh, no, there’s actually no more problem,” she said. She looked terrified. She totally need some care.

                “So why do you looked so worried?” I really am curious and hungry for her answers. “You look tired you know. Have some rest,” i adviced. I placed my hand on her shoulder then patted her.

                “Abby, I found my mother,”

                “What? She’s gone missing? How many days? Where’d you found her?” I asked, non-stop.

                “No, not her. My real as in capital R-E-A-L mom. Biological Mom.” She explained. Say what? Real as in real mom! Hilarious.

                “Is that why you",” I stopped.

                “Yeah,” she smirked. “crazy huh,” okay now I get it.

                “It’s going to be fine,” I said.

                “I just"don’t have the strength to face her yet,” oh, okay I get it. “I’m still surprised, shocked, flushed,” she explained.

                “Oh, Nat, you’re a strong lady. You can do it.”

                “Abby, do you have plans for tonight?” she asked.

                “Um, not much. Just some time with Chace. That’s all.” I answered. “Why?”

                “Um, can you come with me and mee her?”

                “Sure. I’ll cancel Chace and tell him we’ll do it some other time,” I said.

                “No, don’t you can let him come so you have someone with to bring you home,” she really does worry alot.

                “You sure?”

                “Yeah. I’m sure.” She said

                “Okay, I’ll talk him over. You can join us after class,” I invited. “We can wander first,”

                “Sorry I messed up your date,” she said.

                “Baby don’t be sorry. It’s fine.” I said, comforting her. “so tell me, what time does she want o meet you?”

                “She told me 6:30 pm so we can have some dinner.”

                “She really wanted to meet you and talk to you.” I said smiling at her. She smiled back. “You know what we still have some time to enjoy,” I said so she can be worry free.

                I glanced at my wristwatch. Chace still hasn’t left the room. I look over to Nat she seemed very disturbed and worried.

                “Hey, I’ll just check on him okay?”

                “Yeah, sure go ahead,” she said then smiled back.

                I left her ouside for the moment and entered the room then saw him. He’s the only one left. Still scribbling some notes on his pad.

                “Hey,” I started.

                “Oh, Hey, I thought you’d never come.” He smiled.

                “I’m here right,” I smiled back. “I never ditched anyone, yet” I giggled.

                “Cute,” he said then smiled.

                “Um, can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked him still writing those notes.

                “Sure, let me finish this first”

                I took a seat in front of him. Looking at his pad and how he wrote those letters. Then as he’s looking straight into his pad I tried and shot a glance at him. He’s really cute. What’s the mistake is just that we didn’t have a good start. Then he stood. I looked up and stared up at him. He flashed me those white teeth again.

                “What?” I said.

                “So what do you wanna ask?” he said.

                “Oh, uhm, i just, uh..,” no words out of my mouth.

                “Sorry, uhm,” he stopped.

                “No, sorry, uhm, so listen,” I started. “My friend’s kinda asked me to join her tonight to have some dinner and",”

                “So I guess we’ll do it some other time?” He said. Frustrated.

                “No, no, actually we’ll be with her. She told me I can take you with her. I told her we got it scheduled so she said it’s fine with her.” I explained. “So is it okay with you?” I asked, looking down.

                “Let me think about it,” he said, putting his fingers under his chin then glanced at the ceiling as if the answer might be there. He’s absolutely killing me. I think he’s really thinking.

                “Okay,” he said.

                “What?” I asked again.

                “I said it’s okay with me.” He smiled, showing those white teeth again. I can’t help but just smile back.

                “So are you ready?” he asked.

                I nodded and said “I got her waiting outside,”

                “Oh,” he said at first thought. “Well, come on. Let’s not make her wait any longer.”

                I flashed him another smile. He offered me his hand. At first, I stared at it for a moment then accepted it. So now what? We’re getting along now? I wonder what’s gotten with me. He’s just seem irresistable.

                Well, I’ll won’t bother that for the moment. I’ll just think of it some other time. I’ll enjoy this one first. For the moment. I guess.

                As we were almost by the door, a piece of paper fell from his pad. It has something written on it. It was folded in half. I opened it. Then it made me smile.


Abby,

will you go out with me again?

                 -C.

                Cute. It surely made me smile.

                Surely.

 



© 2011 jhed


Author's Note

jhed
please tell me some wrong spellings, grammars etc.
I'll surely love your reviews and appreciate them :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A strong chapter. I had to re-read the other four chapters. The storyline is very good. I like the situations and conversations in the story. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


@daydreamer54 thank you so much for dropping my mistakes :) haha.. i didn't noticed. I was typing at 2am. xD

Posted 13 Years Ago


i'm not the type to find fault in grammar and spelling, that's for your computer to hash out. i can tell you however that this is a nicely thought out and well written
story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


were all sitting-wer'e
You probably know what we're doing by now*-your'e probably know what we're doing by now: passing notes in secrecy.
nodged her-nudged
I didn’t bothered- i didn;t bother
I was abou to go to Chace’s room"History-about to go into chance's oom, history.
and tell me -and will tell me
i adviced-advised
and mee- and meet her
alot.- a lot
want o meet - want to
I left her ouside - outside
what’s gotten with me.-what's gotten into me?
He’s just seem irresistable- he just seems Irresistible
'Well, I’ll won’t - Well I won't
I like it. You threw in a surprise by her friend having to see her mother for the first time. i wonder what happened to Lisa....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011


Author

jhed
jhed

manila, Philippines



About
i'm a 16 year old girl from the Philippines who was influenced by my classmates to write stories and poems. I'm a "not so popular" in my new school but got great and loving and trustworthy friends to .. more..

Writing
This Love This Love

A Poem by jhed


Mommy Mommy

A Poem by jhed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Going Back Going Back

A Poem by Mark


Swahili Swahili

A Poem by Mark