Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Joey

A week passed by and every day all he could think about was that girl's beauty last Sunday. This girl who graced him with her presence, even though she spoke very few words to him, he was blessed to have been around her. The girl he was creeping on ever so stealthily, well not so subtly anyway. He went back to church again, but this time with his family and his friend. He showed up with both eyes open hoping he would be able to see her once more. His family went to the main auditorium where the preacher man could be seen in person. Jason chose to go back to the doughnut room seeking this girl out. The family urged him to stay, but his ears weren’t hearing their words, his feet were only guiding him in the direction his heart was leading. Every step he took he analyzed and searched for her. He looked for that elegant hair, searched the eyes of every girl for those gorgeous brown iris’s,checked everywhere for that unique style she had, but she couldn’t be found within the halls.

            He didn’t lose hope though. He popped his head into the glazed aroma filled room looking for her, but nothing. His friend and He took their place in the same seats as last week. He made sure that two seats were available next to them. Maybe She’ll show up late once again he thought to himself. He said the seats were saved to anyone who came across, but the lights dimmed and the music turned up, still no one. He actually stood up during the worship part of the service just so that he may see her walk in instead of his vision being blocked by all the Christians surrounding him. He didn’t see her arrive at all sadly. The music slowly came to an end and the pastor came on the screen. Jason snagged himself a doughnut and munched just riding out the service until the end. He didn’t even wait until the closing song finished, he made a beeline back outside and lingered in the midst of the patio area still keeping his eyes peeled until his family came out.

            His family finally showed up minutes later and still he couldn’t find this girl anywhere. He began to lose all hope. He didn’t want to leave just yet; luckily for him some friends of his mother came around. They all stayed and chit chatted for a bit. Across the way were two girls in the distance staring at them.

            “Hey Jason, I think those girls over there are checking you out ha-ha” Ken said not pointing but motioning in their direction. “Yeah, sure that’s great” Jason replied not paying any mind to what he was saying. Some time passed while his mother conversed with her friends. He kept looking around left and right trying really hard to pick her out of the crowed.

            “Jason, They’re still looking over here, should I go talk to them?” Ken said again. “Yeah sure man, go see if they’re interested” Jason replied but this time actually taking a glance over. He saw her. He saw that beautiful girl who he was creeping on last week. He was astounded that she was just right there across the volleyball court. He stared for a second, then two seconds, ten, thirty, and pretty soon seconds turned into minutes.

“Hey, hey, snap out of it, you’re staring!” Ken snapped his fingers a few times trying to get Jason’s attention. Jason’s attention was locked and blocking everything out. Ken kept trying and finally a couple snaps of his fingers later and Jason found himself back to the present.

When he realized where he was again, he turned himself around hoping she wouldn’t think he was even more of a creeper than he already thought he was.

“Jason, one of them is coming this way.” He turned back around hoping it was her coming his way. Making a full one-eighty he turned with his eyes full of hope and eager to see her up close. Much to his surprise, it wasn’t her. Walking his way was a blonde white girl. No.. No.. I hope she’s not coming over to talk to me. I don’t want her, I don’t know her Jason thought to himself. I don’t know the other girl either, but she’s the one.. She’s the one I-

“Hi, my names Valentine.” This girl introduced herself to him. Jason kindly introduced himself right back as to not be rude. “Hello” Ken said with one hand up not even waving it. Jason just stayed silent, a bit of shyness radiating from his being.

There was a bit of silence between them for a few seconds. It was feeling a bit awkward. Without too much more time passing by she motioned over to her friend, the girl of Jason’s dreams.

“Do you see that girl over there?” Valentine asked. Jason looked slowly being the shy guy he is. Crap, she’s right there! What do I do!? What do I do!? Jason was beginning to panic. He didn’t want to miss another opportunity to try and impress her, to get her attention, to show her that he exists. He wanted to do something, anything… Jason turned his attention back to the girl before him and nodded “Yes, why?”

“She told me not to, but she’s been talking about you all week long and I really want to get your number for her. ”She said sporadically. Jason got real nervous; he was overjoyed and so excited she actually noticed him. There was silence filling the gap between her statement and his soon response. This gap was becoming so large it began to make Valentine doubt he had any similar interests. Her face began to frown and body language expressing she was ready to forget the whole thing. Jason picked upon this and spoke up fumbling on his words. “Oh, yeah sure, sorry. Umm, my number right.” He began to pull out his phone, but realized “wait a minute, you want MY number, ummm…” Jason was completely flabbergasted at the thought of a girl even asking for his number; he never experienced something like this before. Valentine looked at him with only the thought of how cute he was acting with all the nervousness he was expressing.

“Here, take my phone and just input your number and I’ll do the rest ha-ha” She smirked pulling her phone out and setting it all up for him. Jason took the phone slowly and started dialing his own phone number having the biggest smile on his face. Valentine stood there watching him struggle with excitement, but she couldn’t help giggle over the fact he was acting so cute. “What?” Jason asked noticing her muffled laughter. “Nothing, nothing” she chuckles trying to cover her mouth. Jason hands back her phone with his number clearly on the screen. “Here you go.”

Valentine begins to save the number and looks up at him “Your names Jason right?” Jason’s eyes widen a bit “How did you-”  “Oh she told me when you introduced yourself to her and her mother.” She said. Jason nods his head Right, makes sense.

Valentine began to walk away and Jason realizes something very important, “Wait! Umm..” Valentines blonde hair whirls around reflecting the sun in every strand as she turns “Yes?”

“Could I ask for her name?” Jason’s words break through his teeth so eager and very begging to hear the answer. “Yes, of course.” Valentine walks back over to Jason while he can hardly contain himself. He was almost smiling from ear to ear about to learn this Aphrodite's name who he had been obsessing over for an entire week. She begins to speak and Jason’s ears block everything out and listen very intently. “Her name is…”



© 2014 Joey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on August 23, 2014
Last Updated on August 23, 2014


Author

Joey
Joey

Albuquerque, NM



About
A boy, feeling stuck within his own skin, spills his heart soaking the pages in bloody ink hoping somebody will understand. more..

Writing
Well Thank You Well Thank You

A Poem by Joey